30th April 2018, 01:59 AM
Unregistered

Eligibility to get admission in Medical colleges for NIOS student?

Hello Sir/Madam, I have given my Board exam of 12th from NIOS Board. Now, I want to know that can I be eligible for admission in all Medical colleges after completing 12th with NIOS Board? Please help me to know about this asap. Thank you!

Related Questions:
  1. Does all Medical Colleges offer admission to 12th NIOS student through AIPMT in India?
  2. Being an NIOS student can I appear in Medical entrance exams to study MBBS in best colleges?
  3. Eligibility to apply in NEET for 12th NIOS student?
  4. Can I apply for AIIMS Medical entrance exam being an NIOS student?
  5. Am I eligible to appear in NEET and AIIMS Medical entrance exam being an NIOS candidate?
  6. Reputed colleges like Loyolla and St. Francis provides admission to NIOS student?
  7. Is it difficult to take admission in Engineering college for NIOS student?
  8. Which colleges accept NIOS certificate for BBA course admission?
  9. Is NIOS better than Bihar board? What is the value of NIOS Certificate in DU?
  10. Is it possible to study MBBS in Canada for 12th NIOS student?
  11. Chances of getting admission in MBBS after passing 12th from NIOS board?
  12. Can I get admission in 12th NIOS after completing 10th CBSE? Eligibility to appear in JEE Main & Advanced if pursuing 12th NIOS?
  13. List of medical colleges in Rajasthan? Fee structure and number of intake of students? Eligibility criteria for admission in the colleges? -- [Most Discussed]
  14. Procedure to get admission in paramedical courses after NIOS
  15. Eligibility to study BSc(Medical Laboratory Technology) for 12th Science NIOS student? -- [New]
  16. What should I do to get job being an NIOS student?
  17. NIOS marksheet will be accepted by college in Bangalore for 2017 session admission or not?
  18. Eligibility to study Diploma in Environmental Technology for 12th Science NIOS student? List of colleges offering admission?
23rd May 2018, 10:31 PM
sampathkumar29
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Eligibility to get admission in Medical colleges for NIOS student?

No, you cannot get admission in medical colleges after completing 12th class education from NIOS.

According to Medical Council of India (MCI) The candidates who have studied their 12th class education from open schools are not eligible for studying MBBS or medical related courses.
So, you cannot get admission in medical colleges after completing 12th class level education in NIOS board.
25th May 2018, 12:28 AM
shweta 1411
Senior Member+++++

Yes after clearing 12th board from NIOS board also you are eligible to get admission in any Medical College.
NIOS Board certificates are also accepted and will not create any problem while admission to pursue MBBS or any other degree course.
You have to clear NEET/AIIMS entrance test to get admission in any of the good colleges.
25th May 2018, 01:41 PM
Blessmegod
Senior Member+++++

First thing I would like to let you know that for admission in undergraduate medical degree course such as MBBS/BDS/etc. you need to qualify NEET, AIIMS MBBS entrance examination or JIPMER MBBS entrance examination.

Now, having completed your Class 12th from NIOS board which is one of the three national board of education in India, you are eligible for appearing in all of the three mentioned examinations if you have completed your Class 12th with PCB group subjects with at least 50% marks ( or 60% in case of AIIMS MBBS entrance examination ) from a recognized board of education. Marks relaxation of 10% is allowed for reserved category candidates in each case.

For more details and updates regarding above mentioned examinations, you can refer to their respective official links which are www.cbseneet.nic.in, www.aiimsexams.org and www.jipmer.puducherry.gov.in.
26th May 2018, 06:33 PM
ajjuravi
Senior Member+++++

Yes, NIOS Board candidates are also eligible for admission to medical colleges.

NIOS Board is also recognized by Government of India like other two national Boards ICSE and CBSE.

To get admission into reputed Medical colleges, you will have to qualify NEET Exam.

In addition, you must have passed 10+2 with Physics, Chemistry and Biology subjects.

Apart from NEET exam, you can appear for medical entrance exams like:
  • AIIMS
  • AIPMT
  • JIPMER
  • MU OET
  • COMEDK UGET
  • Karnataka CET
  • KEAM
  • CMC Vellore
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?