25th December 2017, 01:08 PM
Unregistered

Eligibility and physical criteria to join Customs Police? Which exam to clear for that?

Sir, i searched for qualification for customs police. And mode of selection is through exam. But i didn't get any proper result. Tell me the details how i can join customs police. And qualification, and which exam should i compete for it. And physical eligibility criteria also. Thank you.

25th December 2017, 09:53 PM
NeptuneSpear

Default Re: Eligibility and physical criteria to join Customs Police? Which exam to clear for that?

Probably, Custom Officer (Preventive) is the post you are interested in. Staff Selection Commission recruits to this post through CGLE (Combined Graduate Level Examination) which comprises three stages as follows :

Prelims (200 Marks)
Mains (400 Marks)
Descriptive (100 Marks)

Qualification for this post is nothing but a bachelor degree in any discipline from a recognised university and age between 21 and 30. You need to be medically fit for this post as it carries high medical standards.
26th December 2017, 01:18 PM
sampathkumar29
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Eligibility and physical criteria to join Customs Police? Which exam to clear for that?

To become Customs officer you need to attend civil service exam conducted by UPSC (Union Public Service Commission). This exam is conducted once in every year.
The eligibility requirements for the exam are mentioned below.

Eligibility criteria:
- The candidate should have completed their graduation level degree in any stream from any recognized university.
- The candidate should be a citizen of India.
- The age limit should be between 21 - 30 years. This may vary based on the post.
- There is age relaxation for reserved candidates based on the government rules.

For more details about notifications, application forms you can visit the official website of UPSC.
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?