28th June 2018, 09:04 AM
Unregistered

Eligibility to study PhD(Clinical Psychology) for MSW postgraduate with 4 years of Counselor experience?

Hello everyone, I have completed my Master of Social Work(MSW) and working as a Counselor from the last 4 years. I want to do PhD in Clinical Psychology. So, I would like to know that am I eligible to do PhD in this specialization now?

Related Questions:
  1. Can I study PhD in Child Psychology being a Zoology postgraduate with B.Ed having 14 years of Teaching experience?
  2. Eligibility to pursue PhD in Health Psychology for Psychology postgraduate?
  3. Is BA (Psychology) good in graduation for studying MSW in pot graduation?
  4. How can I study MSW in regular mode? Colleges in Hyderabad for this course?
  5. What is the eligibility to study MSW? List of the colleges to study MSW in Chennai? I have completed BCA
  6. Detailed information and eligibility to study Ph.D in Social Work for MSW postgraduate?
  7. How should I attend the course in MSW? I have 30 years of experience in various projects
  8. How to do Ph.D in MSW in correspondence after scoring 55% in MSW?
  9. How to study MSW after B.A?
  10. Will I be able to study Master's in Clinical Psychology if completed PGD and have 10 years of work experience?
  11. Eligibility for Ph.D in Psychology after M.A in Psychology through correspondence? Scope of Ph.D in Psychology and to be a children counselor later on?
  12. Is it beneficial to study PhD in Clinical Psychology for a postgraduate?
  13. Can I study PhD in Social Work/Sociology being a Psychology postgraduate and having 12 years of working experience in Drugs and HIV/AIDS?
  14. What is the eligibility to join MSW course?
  15. How can I study Human Psychology in Abroad being a M.Sc(Psychology) postgraduate?
  16. Can a B.Sc Biochemistry student study Postgraduate Diploma in Clinical Psychology course? Where to apply for it?
  17. How to study MSW after my graduation? I am a 2nd year B.A English literature student -- [Most Discussed]
  18. Various career options available in Psychology after PCB with Psychology in 11th and 12th?
29th June 2018, 08:45 PM
sampathkumar29
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Eligibility to study PhD(Clinical Psychology) for MSW postgraduate with 4 years of Counselor experience?

Ph.D (Doctor of Philosophy) in Clinical psychology is a dictate level degree. The duration of the course is 3 years.

The basic eligibility required for studying Ph.D in Clinical psychology course is a post graduation level degree in any related subject with minimum 50% from any recognised university.

Since you have studied MSW which is related to psychology subject, you are eligible for studying Ph.D in clinical psychology course. There is no age limit for studying Ph.D. so you can apply for any entrance exam conducted by different states & universities and qualify in the exam so that you can get admission into the university.
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?