14th July 2010, 02:18 PM
rockerniraj

Engineering after 10th or 12th is a better option?

Engineering after 10 or 12th is a better option? will diploma students get less preference than the student with engineering after 12th??? pls guide me!

Related Questions:
  1. What is better Diploma after 10th or degree after 12th?
  2. Which is a better option, diploma after 10th or diploma after 12th? -- [New]
  3. Which is better, diploma in automobile engineering after 10th or 12th?
  4. Job options after 50% marks in 10th and 12th and 60% in engineering?
  5. How can i apply for DME course through correspondence? I've completed B.A, ITI(welder) and Level 2 course (MT,PT,RT,UT)
  6. What are the career options for me after 12th? I have got 49% in 10th and 42% in 12th
  7. Best option after completing 10th? Which is preferable diploma in engineering(mechanical) or 12th science? I've passed 10th with 81% marks
  8. Diploma after 10th standard is good or B.Tech after 12th is good?
  9. Having less than 60% in 10th and 12th will become a barrier to get job after B.Tech?
  10. Engineering after 10th or after 12th? Do diploma students get less preference than a student who have done after 12th?
  11. Minimum marks required in 10th and 12th to get admission into Aeronautical Engineering?
  12. Universities conducting Aeronautical Engineering course? How much marks required in 10th and 12th to study Aeronautical Engineering? How much fee to be paid? Is there any guarantee of a job? -- [Most Discussed]
  13. How should I chose subjects for my M.A? I want to select tourism study or rural development program and I've done BA graduation
  14. Which is a better university for studying Aeronautical Engineering? Marks needed in 10th and 12th to study this course? Fee structure and is there any placement assurance?
  15. Can I get admission to B.Tech course after completion of Polytechnic from Magadh university?
  16. Which is a better university to study Aeronautical Engineering? Marks required in 10th and 12th to study Aeronautical Engineering? How much is the fee structure?
  17. Can I study Diploma in Computer Science Engineering along with 12th Arts? Options after completing Diploma course?
  18. Is engineering the only option for me after doing 12th science(CS is main subject)? Can I get scholarships and admission in colleges without entrance exams?
16th July 2010, 01:08 AM
faiyaz
Senior Member++++

Default Re: Engineering after 10th or 12th is a better is a better option?

Quote:
Originally Posted by rockerniraj View Post
Engineering after 10 or 12th is a better option? will diploma students get less preference than the student with engineering after 12th??? pls guide me!

Engineering after 10 or 12th is a better option?

Well, More or less both are good.

If someone is going for B.Tech/B.E. after 10th then also it will take 6 years to complete it and 7 years if someone is droping a year after Diploma for performing well in entrance.

Similarly if someone is going through 12th then also it will take 6 years to complete it and 7 years if someone is droping a year for performing well in entrance.

But students who are going through Diploma faces problem because they can not Appear for GATE (http://www.gate.iitb.ac.in/gate2010_...ligibility.php). Besides these various types of International scholarship etc. has eligibility criteria such that having no +2 can not get them so.

will diploma students get less preference than the student with engineering after 12th???

I dont think so.

According to a leading Daily News Paper in days of recession you have herad that many companies has stop recruiting and also many Engineers have losted there jobs. But majority in the list of job losters was of the candidates those who have Engineering through +2.
16th July 2010, 05:28 AM
amit.2186

Dear friend , both the options are good to do engineering the only difference is that the students opting for doing engineering after 12th is same he has to go from an entrance exam and will study from 1st year but in the case of diploma students they can get admission directly to 2nd year of engineering ...preferences depends on companies they sometime decides to restricts the number of students coming for interviews or sometimes to reduce the unnecessary employees
16th July 2010, 10:42 AM
sandymishra45

Engineering after 12th is a better option comparing after 10th
16th July 2010, 11:10 AM
spreethi

Wink Re: Engineering after 10th or 12th is a better is a better option?

engineering after 12th is better one but engineering after politechnic is best because you may get more knowledge with politechnic than inter
16th July 2010, 11:20 AM
karthu
Senior Member+

hai
I think engineering after 12th is better as you will be thorough with all the basics required for engineering b.tech. Especially in maths, you have to study calculus. In the 12th standard, you are studying the basics of calculus.
16th July 2010, 11:24 AM
atish kumar

Smile Re: Engineering after 10th or 12th is a better is a better option?

Quote:
actually, diploma students are given less preference than the engineering graduates. and diploma holders will be working under degree holders, even having much experience than them. so better go for engg. than diploma.
16th July 2010, 11:37 AM
shikha641

Engineering after 12th is a good option than after 10th.
After 10th it is hard to understand the subjects because basic concepts of the subjects like chemistry, physics, maths in first year ae not proper but when you study them in 11th and 12th the concepts become clear to you. So it will become easy to study in the Btech/B.E.
competition is too high B.E/B.Tech students are much more than the diploma holders and preference is given to the degree holders.
16th July 2010, 11:40 AM
fearless

engineering after 12 is obvious a good option.
but it totally depends on the interest of yours that which field is more comfortable with u.
if you r passionate about doing engineering than i suggest u do b.tech.
but if u only want to have degree than u can catch up in any field.
but what you like is important .
u will do better when u have field of your choice.

u see me also doing engineering because it is my passion n i like it.
so be loyal to yourself.
thats solve n automatically you will be succeeded.

ALL THE BEST
16th July 2010, 11:41 AM
kalee

Engineering after 10 or 12th ?

I was once a tutor for 10, 12 and Engineering Mathematics. In my personal experience while teaching them, my students struggled with Mathematics. It is in 11th and 12th where you are introduced to Integration and differentiation. And almost all the engineering discipline requires basic knowledge of integration and differentiation. It will become extremely difficult for an average student to pick up the concepts well. And more importantly, mugging up wont do good for Engineering subjects. Please consider to have a strong base to build up your career.

- IITian
16th July 2010, 11:52 AM
Kumar Mayank

Quote:
Yes, diploma students will definitely lack in opportunities in future.
Hence a 10+2 student going for engineering is a better option because even if he is not placed after graduation,he has got enough career options ahead.
16th July 2010, 12:24 PM
Balaji Thite

yes, of course it is better option to engineering after 10th or 12th
because engineering have better future thats why your future may also be bright
16th July 2010, 01:20 PM
varun bhowmick

b.tech is better option than diploma because most of the companies ask for b.tech graduates as compare to diploma holders.b.tech graduates are more trained than diploma
16th July 2010, 02:00 PM
radhaakrishnan

Default Re: Engineering after 10th or 12th is a better option?

Dear,,
According to me, if you are opting for core Engineering courses like Electrical , Mechanical and Civil Engineering in your state,, then i will suggest you to do polytechnic course after 10th.

The reason is you will get enough practical knowledge about the basics for these subjects than a guy who finished 12th.

So if you want more practical exposure, I suggest you to do polytechnic course. All the very best.
16th July 2010, 02:04 PM
kshitijawadhiya

Smile Re: Engineering after 10th or 12th is a better option?

Quote:
better ir to do engg. after 12th only because the certificate of 12th is very imporatant
also BE/Btech is a lot better than diploma in terms of all aspects of job..
so do not skip class 12th
16th July 2010, 02:16 PM
swarnali.roy6

Quote:
After 12th is better than after 10th. You wil have a wide range of opportunities then both in job prospects and in educational prospects.
16th July 2010, 02:26 PM
renjinikr

Smile Re: Engineering after 10th or 12th is a better option?

engineering after your +2 is better than 10th because the syllabus especially mathematics of +2 will help you to study the engineering syllabus. But in 10th we are not studying more on integration, differentiation etc. so in my opinion it is better to take engineering after +2 than 10th.
16th July 2010, 03:19 PM
ritesh_buddy

ofcourse, engineering is a better option after 12..an engineer always get more preferance than a diploma holder.,but it also depends on college..so always be sure while taking admission in any engineering clg..it must be AICTE approved.
16th July 2010, 03:20 PM
Meetali mudgil

well i suggest engineering arter 12 th is more bettre option then after 12th..
because if you do engineering after 12th..it is a 4 year course and you will easily grasp everything as you had already studied Physics and chemistry of 11th and 12th standard and your base will also be strong if you do engineering after 12th..

will diploma students get less preference than the student with engineering after 12th???

it depends on the job profile..
but mostly engineering students after 12th are preferred for technical jobs because they have more knowledge then diploma students..and also some of the companies recruit students who have done degree rather than diploma.
16th July 2010, 03:21 PM
VINODH PANCHAPAKESAN

Quote:
Hi friend,

Upto my knowledge, I feel its better to join Engineering after 10th, ie Diploma followed by Lateral Entry into Engineering College. Lateral Entry's knowledge is better compared to students who join Engineering after 12th. This is because of their more practical and visual exposure to what they learn. But for Engineering students who completed 12th will have less practical/industrial visits/exposures. Yes, mostly Diploma students are less prefered to Engineering students. But it is not affecting their future. So no problem.....
16th July 2010, 03:35 PM
Gop
Senior Member+

Arrow Re: Engineering after 10th or 12th is a better option?

Hi,

Though any Technical graduation after diploma and after +12 are considered equivalent, There exists a considerable difference between these two entries.

In the Job perspective, Many companies(espicially Mechanical and automobile) prefer(not greatly) diploma based engineers more than +2, Because these Engineers will have good practical exposure during their diploma course and will have an edge over +2 based Engineers in the production floor. So a diploma based gets job earlier than the +2. But this maynot be the same with Computer science engineering and other IT based studies.

But, When it comes to Higher studies and studies abroad or career abroad, This difference may play a vital role.
Even some universities and institution specifically go for +2 completed graduates and will not recognise diploma based. So it becomes tough for diploma based to pursue higher studies. Even it may go tough for higher studies abroad and as well as career abroad.

So do check with these perspective before opting for diploma.

Excuse. This opinion is not to degrade a study. The fact I myself found privailing in the market.

Good Luck.
16th July 2010, 03:40 PM
agentroy
Senior Member+

hi
first of all i will tell you that after your class 10th you can do the diploma course which is of 3 year duration and then you can apply for the engineering degree and you can get admission directly in 2nd year,one of the advantage of doing diploma is that your career is sure as you have a degree in your hand,but one of the major disadvantage of doing diploma is that you cannot go for any other line except engineering.
16th July 2010, 04:10 PM
saurav.suravi

Arrow Re: Engineering after 10th or 12th is a better option?

Quote:
there is not a great difference after 10th or +2. both take 6 years to complte the degree..but after diploma it is difficult to get a seat in degree as for lateral entry seat are less..diploma students are always comfortable as compare to 12th pass student in degree level because they have already known the concept. diploma student are always good in result and job field
16th July 2010, 04:13 PM
mini rani
Senior Member++

Hello rockerniraj,

You are asking about engineering this shows that you are concerned about your future career. You are planning to do engineering because you want a better career that is to say a good job. Right? So don't think from the perspective of others rather think from the perspective of the company - what the company want from the potential job candidates?
Engineering after 10th will also make you employable but if u want to get a better job say in an MNC or other renowned company then u must held a 12th certificate. Passing the 12th std. is an essential selection criteria in many companies. So if you are looking for a better career prospect then enroll yourself in engineering course after completing 12th std. Remember in India degree courses are more preferred than diploma courses.

All the best!
16th July 2010, 04:34 PM
Yashpal007

Thumbs up Re: Engineering after 10th or 12th is a better option?

The better option is 10th after Engineering.In this first you complete 3 years diploma with your branch(CSE,ECE,MECH,CIVIL etc.).After that you complete b.tech.B.tech is 3 years after diploma.In this you will more 2 years experince(diploma) as compare to after 12th.

On the side if you complete Engineering after 12th then your B.tech is 4 year.
So,you can see than Better option is Engineering after 10th.
Dear friend,Best of luck for your future.
16th July 2010, 04:43 PM
manandabhi

It varies with person to person.
As per my opinion, if one has opted engineering for his/her life long career then engineering after 10th is a better option as it provides hands on training of all sophisticated instruments used and enhance the intellect of student towards the main field.
But after diploma engineering if u want to get in to degree engineering then it is some what tough as you have to score good in your diploma engineering.
After all in this technical field skill is more important which can be better developed earlier.
16th July 2010, 04:50 PM
gaaya3

If you do diploma you will get some practical knowledge about your subject.
And this will be very useful for your engineering as well as GATE exams.
All the best.
16th July 2010, 05:21 PM
LADY

Hello
According to me every degree in itself is a different identity but if we look at the engineering side and comparing it with diploma then yes it could be said that diploma students have less prefernce than engineering students. its because btech being a 4 year course and diploma a 3 yr course leads to difference in the quality of both the degrees but each individual also has a potential in itself , its not necessary that every engineering student is placed better than the diploma one .........................
16th July 2010, 06:31 PM
rahul k
Senior Member+++++

dear friend

According to me, If you are doing engineering after 12th, then is it best for you.

because you will need your 10th and 12th certificates where ever you go for job or admissions and your 10th certificate does not give a very good impression.

So, i think you should go for 12th first because in engineering Maths plays very important role. So, if you do 12th with maths, your basics will be clear and it will
helps to you at the time of engineering.

So, please do your 12th first and then go for engineering course................
16th July 2010, 06:46 PM
Singh Anurag Atul kumar

Generally students choose engineering line after the 10th and 12th.
I want to tell those student who has confusion that which one is better that the time required for both of is same but engineering after 12th is much better than after10th.Because doing engineering after 12th then we can do part job which are good because demand of many of companies is 10+2 pass students.So according to me that's is much better.
16th July 2010, 06:53 PM
vanshu sharma

hello friend
as far as i understand your problem i think you want to know the scope of engineering after your 12th

if you have passed 12th with pcm then you can go for engineering

you can go for a diploma in engg
you can go for a degree course in engineering (b.tech)
engineering have many departments such as

mechanical
electrical
it
cse

and among them the scope of mechanical branch and cse is good

so defenitely you can go for a engg if you have interest
16th July 2010, 07:03 PM
vijayvv

Post Re: Engineering after 10th or 12th is a better option?

hi,
Engineering is an art of degsining something new and something that makes life more simpler. Most of the people who undergo science stream in their 12th
now choose only engineering you can ask a question WHY?. The answer would be simple, in the year 2004 it companies started to expirence less people and thus went to each college campus and asked if they could join their company with a stempendous amount of salary, nonetheless people went behind it irrespective of what they study, they were given a 6 month training and taken into job. But now, since it companies are expirencing recession, they are not doing the same. But the demand is not gone. There is less demand. People nowadays go in for it jobs irrespective of what disipline they study. Studying 4 years of electrical/any core feild and sitting in an it comany is of no use. They have wasted 4 precious years of their life.
So for you, if you are intrested in engineering or just fascinated by it, you can opt for it. but if you are just fascinated by the amount of money they offer, it is a bad idea.
Give it a thought.
All the best!!
yours,
V.V.VIJAYARAGHAVAN
16th July 2010, 07:09 PM
Senior Member+++

hello friend
engineering after 10th or 12th is bettter option
friend you can go for a diploma course after your 10th exams but not for degree courses and degree courses are much more in demand than those who have a diploma in engg

so it is up to you because if you go for diploma (after10th)then after that also you need to have further studies for good career . and you can get a lateral entry into the degree course

another good option is if you do a diploma afetr 10th then you can go for a degree through distance with your job that is a positive point

i dont think so that diploma students get less preference
there is nothing like that.

you get a job only on the basis of your skills and aptitude and that is same in a good diploma student and degree holder
so dont think so
you can choose a diploma after10th and then go for further experiance
16th July 2010, 07:19 PM
karthickg24

Engineering is good for future only if you have right kind of attitude and skills. Because many students are falling into mood of engineering without any about that course.
Some students feel that getting good marks in 12 standard and taking engineering course will not help student at all. They should right attitude. And also students are become more money minded. Because it is very essential today's competitive world. I would say that any degree whether it is engineering or any course, possess equal admiration in the job market provided you got that necessary skills. So start developing your soft skills as early as possible.

Getting a job is very easy when possess could IQ
But for a long term run, you need emotional IQ

Coming into question, Engineering after 10 or 12th is a better option, i would say engineers count is increasing. They are coming out of campus only theoretical knowledge which companies recognise only when you are fresher. But after one year of no job, companies will recognise you practical skills. I would say do diploma before engineering. It will help in your engineering in large manner.

I totally disagree with it.
16th July 2010, 07:29 PM
kalyan333

Both are better.
Aftre 10th you may join in diploma engineering.this course is three years duration.mostly this is depend on practical.more jobs available
After 12th you have to write eamcet exam.duration is four years.more jobs available in this field also.
But you to hardwork in these two fields also.now a days all companies taking students who have full subject knowledge and skills.
try to develop your skills.
So both are good.
16th July 2010, 07:38 PM
samratguha

hi friend..
see according to engg.after your 12th is better than doing it after 10th. because you are getting the actual knowledge and also the graduate degree after your b.tech but you will get only diploma degree after 10th.so after giving your 12th exams you have better options to join engg.,general,or medical.
16th July 2010, 07:43 PM
kinibansal

Quote:
yes eng is the best option after 12th but from a good college
16th July 2010, 08:01 PM
pavi_1729

its a better option because students will get a much amount of exposure to the practical world and it is even one of the best options
16th July 2010, 08:48 PM
NISAMTI

Hi niraj..i think,the persons who have good communication skills will be prefered always..so,do not the course ..but,just rush into competition in the path you select..be at the top always..my personal suggestion is to go for engineering after +2i.e; 12th standard.You can lay a certain path for future.so,study well niraj..okay..diploma is also good..and the offers can be more in engineering..generally.i think..diploma pupils will be placed and they will have experience..it might be the reason to prefer them..develop communication skills and the core (basic) concepts and knowledge.on the whole,what you select ,study well..and improve your skills...all the best niraj..
16th July 2010, 09:38 PM
vike
Senior Member+++++

Quote:
Dear friend
Doing diploma in some trade the B. Tech very easy. If one gets preference then it would be B. Tech after diploma technically.
But there are some different things to worry about apart from preference.
If you do diploma in some trade then you get the knowledge of that trade but you get away from Physics, Chemistry and Maths.
If it happens so, then you won't be able to take IIT-JEE or AIEEE because there is no different rule for diploma students. You have to appear in the same test that a 12th passed student does. So finally You won,t be able to try even for the premier institutes of INDIA.
There are some private colleges that offers LATERAL ENTRYie. direct admission to 2nd year of B. Tech through some entrance examination.
(eg Indraprastha univ delhi, KIIT orissa, Cochin univ, SLIET etc).
If you first go for diploma and then B. Tech through lateral entry in any college you might get preference over students in those colleges but you won't preference over IIT/NIT/IIIT graduates.
Therefore finally, I would suggest you to go for 12th first then B. Tech through some leading college like IIT or NIT or other reputed universities

Thank You.
16th July 2010, 10:03 PM
askhushboo

Talking Re: Engineering after 10th or 12th is a better option?

Quote:
well acc to my view engg after 10 is better coz if u feel that diploma is not good you can get admission in degree engg as lateral entry in 2nd year it saves your time and keeps you on the right track i.e. ENGG......
16th July 2010, 10:06 PM
N.MD.AZHARUDDIN
Senior Member+

hi,rockerniraj... Nice to see you in this website... I like to say u is nothing bad... but diploma engineering after 10th is good because u can learn basic things of engineering and the same way after 12th its better good....if u get a good percentage in 10th you can go ahead with 11th ...if not u go for diploma after 10th...Its not like diploma students get less preference than the B.E.engineering students .... Its all about the talent , knowledge of the subject u chose and the communication skill....but if u do diploma its better to do a degree after that which wil give a excellent future
16th July 2010, 10:32 PM
happy to help

DEAR
these 2 have their own importance

Diploma go for 12th ...thn do engg...see nothing is tuff...once u decide to take some subjecy whether we are perfect in it or not we need to workhard n any how at the end of the year we pass..now once u take up engg u have maths only till 2yr.rest 2yrs ur subjects n if i take up maths as my subject what i only know is i have to get good marks i cant turn back n say y have i taken it....sab koi karlete hain ...evn u will so go for engg!
don't be a fool, stay in school.
it is definitely a better option to do your 12th and then go for engg. because you will need your 10th and 12th certificates where ever you go for job or admissions and not giving 12th doesnt give a very good impression. if your maths is not very good then you HAVE to improve on that because it is important for engg. all the best!
listen buddy ,If you got in you mind you gonna be an engg then screw diploma .Complete your school.Don't waste time hanging out with girls and concentrate on your studies . It does'nt matter if your maths is average , you still got plenty of time to improve . In nutshell ... If your mind is set and you got the balls then there is nothing impossible !.
Engineering is maths. hence don,t go for engineering there other courses like B farn, Hotel management etc.
I would say that go for diploma if you are sure about doing engineering in future. Because if you go for 12th then you have to first score good in PCM and also in enterance test. In enterance test maths holds more number of marks than physics and chemistry so if you are excellent in maths then only go for 12th as you said you are average in maths then dont go for it. There are some advantages of doing diploma first is during this 3 years course your engineering base becomes very strong and deep that 12th cant make. Second is in 12th you will have some non sence subjects like biology and 2 language subjects which are nothing but useless. Third is you dont need to give any enterance test after doing diploma. If you score more than 60% in your each year of diploma its enough to get admission for engineering in any good college but score as much as you can to get admission in best colleges. I am not saying that 12th is bull ** I did 12th and gave enterance I worked hard to get maximum marks and now I am doing engineering I did all this only because I was not well planned about my future in 10th I was not sure about doing engineering in my future but in 12th I confirmed my target and achieved it too. So last thing I want to tell you is be sure about your target in future if you want to become an engineer then diploma is the best way. 12th is also good as you can choose any stream after scoring good marks in 12th and it will give you some good knowldge about science in little deep. So be prepared and planned about your future and work hard for it because there is no best thing in this world that you can earn easily best of luck.
hi

you try to go with 12th because my aunty she did her 10th and went to diplomo but she was good in maths then when she joined the engineering course she was facing troubles with maths because its basic was thought in 12th
if you do not have self confidence then better you join diploma after 10 th. because if you want to do degree course after completion of diploma. you can get admission in 2 year directly. but good percentage are required in final exam of diploma to get admission in degree course.
My advise to you that you should do degree course to get good job opportunity ahead. Nowadays even degree holders are also facing hard to get good position in good company. Many company preferred master degree holders and they can get good position very easily in good companies.
it is better to go with diploma than 12th if you are average in maths.moreover it helps you to hav grip in the feild you choose and many opportunities will be waiting for u after the completion of ur diploma
16th July 2010, 10:47 PM
janakiramanshanthi

Thumbs up Re: Engineering after 10th or 12th is a better option?

As for me Doing Engg related courses after 10th is the better option bcoz after 10th u cant directly enter into Btech or B.E So u have to pursue diploma course for 3 years and then u can directly join 2nd year in B.E/B.tech As lateral entry. And as for the industry, the recruiters will look for certain core knowledge so they will give more importance to the person who have finished his diploma and then B.E/B.Tech
16th July 2010, 11:06 PM
panuboy

dear friend
after 10th you can only do polytechnique which is a diploma degree and after 12th you can do engineering degree
as far as scope is concerned now a days diploma degree has greater opportunity but salary given to them will be less as compared to engineer graduate
so persui diploma and then try for engineering
ok
all the best
16th July 2010, 11:10 PM
Omkar Nath Pandit

12th is always a better option, because many class one commissioned posts in armed forces in engineering branch requires 12th with 75% marks. Before you take admission in an engineering institute for a degree, you always have a chance to get into the armed forces entry and be paid for Btech degree along with service as class I officer. However, if you go for a diploma, you entry to class one post finishes.
16th July 2010, 11:19 PM
shivacvsr

Engineering is a vast exploration it dosent only requires a good aggerate but also requires a strong interest for it... while coming to ur question if u get into a diploma and do a 3year course after 10th its a bit more practical approach than those who go through Intermediate, ull be a step forward .The most of the diploma courses have a further extension in Engineering which can help a lot .The only problem here is that they lack a good basics in Mathematics and computer aided subjects which will be present in engineering.so my friend its up to u to decide.
16th July 2010, 11:59 PM
sparkle
Senior Member+++

Dear friend,

I personally think that one should complete his 10(+2) first and then go for engineering.

That will do much better for you.

Because, the knowledge gained in 10(+2), is the basic fundamental knowledge.

In diploma students feel the lack for knowledge of 12th subjects like physics, chemistry, maths.

Although diploma students can pursue graduation degree by lateral admission in degree colleges, they can't avail the big opportunities like the B.Tech engineers do.

Moreover,the top companies always prefer the degree students rather than diploma holders.

So,there is many different factors that affects only diploma holders than the degree holders.

The rest you are the one to decide.

All the best!
17th July 2010, 12:00 AM
sparkle
Senior Member+++

Dear friend,

I personally think that one should complete his 10(+2) first and then go for engineering.

That will do much better for you.

Because, the knowledge gained in 10(+2), is the basic fundamental knowledge.

In diploma students feel the lack for knowledge of 12th subjects like physics, chemistry, maths.

Although diploma students can pursue graduation degree by lateral admission in degree colleges, they can't avail the big opportunities like the B.Tech engineers do.

Moreover,the top companies always prefer the degree students rather than diploma holders.

So,there is many different factors that affects only diploma holders than the degree holders.

The rest you are the one to decide.

All the best!
17th July 2010, 12:24 AM
kalyansonu5

well to say according to me its better to opt ur b.e/b.tech after your 10th xams....bcoz u hve no option othr than gng out for poltecnic....n tis gives u a better n practical knowledge about the thing u want to do....n ya afr poltectic u can go for ur engg. directly into 2nd year....well called as lateral entry.....
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?