16th January 2012, 07:44 PM
vinujoe

Which entrance exam should I appear for career in marine engineering? Which are the different courses offered in this field?

sir i will be appearing for xii board exam this year.which entrance exam should i appear for a career in marine engg..also can u tell me about diff. courses offered in this field.

Related Questions:
  1. Courses offered in Marine Field to Girls? Eligibility criteria of the course?
  2. How to pursue career in the field of marine engineering? I am doing B.Tech in Mechanical Engineeirng
  3. What is the future in marine engineering course after completing B.Tech in ECE with 63%?
  4. How to get admission in Naval architecture course in India? -- [New]
  5. Career scope for Marine Engineering course? What will be the salary offered after completion of this course?
  6. What is the scope of marine engineering?
  7. Details about 3 years diploma in Marine Engineering for 12th with 60% passed candidate? Courses in Marine field adequate for my marks?
  8. Can I study Marine related courses after completing Diploma in Electrical & Electronics Engineering?
  9. What to do to join marine engineering courses after B.Tech Mechanical Engineering? Any government colleges providing marine engineering courses in India?
  10. How to become a Geologist after 12th? -- [Most Discussed]
  11. Which are the PG courses after B.E marine engineering
  12. How to make a career in Research Field?
  13. Which are the courses offered in the field of genetics?
  14. Can I pursue any marine courses after engineering? Can Industrial Production Engineering Students get into Marine Courses?
  15. Details of the merchant navy course?
  16. What are the formalities to join Merchant Navy?
  17. What can I do after doing B.Tech Civil? Am I eligible for Marine Engineering? What other courses are available and how can I apply for them? List of good colleges for marine course?
  18. What to do after passing 12th in the field of marine engineering
15th August 2012, 11:21 PM
MOUSE92

Default Re: Which entrance exam should I appear for career in marine engineering? Which are the different courses offered in this field?

dear,

in order to appear in marine engineering you have to give following entrance exams

AIEEE

IIT-JEE

PET

etc

syllabus comes from 11th and 12th class

you need to pass 12th class

from physics ,chemistry and maths
16th August 2012, 12:42 AM
sherleytwain
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Which entrance exam should I appear for career in marine engineering? Which are the different courses offered in this field?

Marine Engineering is the course for candidates who wish to get job in Merchant Navy, one of the most sought of career in India. As you may know that Merchant Navy offers some of the most adventerous jobs that not only allow you to travel all around the world but at the same time pays extremely well.

The role of Merchant Navy is related to cargo transportation. Most of the export is done via sea when it has to be taken from one country to another. This is where Merchany Navy comes into picture.

Now coming back to marine Engineering, it is one of the required courses to get admission in Mechant Navy. To get admission the procedure is pretty simple. You need to appear for the entrace exams like

IIT-JEE

AIEEE

Now the criteria to appear for AIEEE is that candidate should score at leat 50 percent marks in 12th board.

Candidates belonging to SC/ST need at leat 40 percent marks.

You need to complete Class 12th with subjects like PCM.

The criteria for IIT-JEE entrance exam is that you need at least 60 percent marks in 12th standard.

Similar to AIEEE, you need to pass 12th standard with PCM as the subjects.

Only after these eligibilities you can apply for Marine Engineering course which would ultimately help you get into Merchant Navy.

However if you intend to work for Merchant Navy make sure that you meet these physical requirements:

Your height should be 150cm and weight should be according to that.

6/6 vision is required with no color blindess.

Only unmarried male and female candidates can apply.
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?