15th October 2011, 09:51 PM
amooty

What shall I do to become IAS Officer being a candidate of pursuing 1st year B.Com?

i am b.com 1st year student and i want to become an ias officer.
what shall i do for this? can i become an ias officer after b.com?

16th October 2011, 03:04 PM
rahul k
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: What shall I do to become IAS Officer being a candidate of pursuing 1st year B.Com?

Quote:
Originally Posted by amooty View Post
IAS Stands for Indian Administrative Service and to become IAS Officer, you have to complete your Graduate degree course in any discipline form a recognised University, Final year graduate candidates are also eligible to apply for UPSC Civil services examination.

So, If your aim is to become IAS Officer in future, then please apply for UPSC Civil services examination, The examination was conducted by UPSC in two Stages, Preliminary examination and Main examination.

Preliminary examination is compulsory for all the candidates and this examination are also called CSAT Examination.

CSAT Stands for Civil services aptitude test. Firstly you have to cracked the CSAT Examination and then you are eligible to sit in Main examination. There are 2 Paper in CSAT Examination and Both are of Same marks and Duration, The examination was Objective.

Main examination was Descriptive and You have to choose on Optional Subjects for Main examination as per your Graduation.

To apply for this examination your age should between 21 to 30 years. Upper age relaxation is applicable for SC/ST/OBC Candidates.

General candidates will gets 4 Attempts to cracked this examination

OBC Candidates will gets 7 Attempts and No Limits for SC/ST Candidates.

>> The Notification of This examination was Published in the employment Newspaper OR in the UPSC website in the Month of February.

So, Please complete your Graduation course and then apply for CSAT Examination and Please prepare for this examination according to the syllabus and Pattern and for More details please check the UPSC website -

CSAT PATTERN -

http://upsc.gov.in
16th October 2011, 04:21 PM
Myadi0011

Default Re: What shall I do to become IAS Officer being a candidate of pursuing 1st year B.Com?

Hi friend,
first of all you need to complete a graduation course in any dicipline with affiliated university.

Then after you will wait for the notification of IAS(indian administrative services).You can applying in graduate final year.

Notification is every year february so you can watch the news papers and also visit the UPSC website.

Www.Upsc.Gov.In
All the best...!!
16th October 2011, 07:14 PM
gauri2011
Senior Member+

Quote:
Dear Friend,
It is very appreciating that you want to become IAS officer and want to serve the nation.

To become an IAS officer you need to appear in Civil Service Examination conducted by the UPSC.The examination is conducted ever year.

The eligibility criteria to appear in the examination is that the candidate must be a Graduate in any stream and should has age between 21 years to 30 years.

As you are in B.Com first year so therefore I will suggest you to first complete your B.Com and then you will become eligible to apply for the Civil Service Examination and then apply for the examination.

Best Wishes....
16th October 2011, 07:34 PM
BISWARUPYOGI
Senior Member+++++

Quote:

ELIGIBILITY CRITERIA FOR IAS EXAM

After completion of your B.COM degree you are eligible for IAS exam.

This exam is conducted by UPSC in once time in year.

Those candidate are graduate from any recognized university with any discipline are eligible for IAS exam.

But your age should be in between 22 to 30 years old.Age relaxation is provide for SC/ST/OBC category as per govt rule.

The maximum attempts for SC/ST candidate is Unlimited. For OBC candidate it is 7 years and for general candidate it will be 5 years.

Also you must be in citizen in India.

Optional subjects for IAS main exam:

Economics , Electrical Engineering,Geography, Geology ,History, Law,Management,Mathematics, Mechanical Engineering, Medical Science, Philosophy, Physics, Political Science and International Relations, Psychology, Public Administration, Sociology,Statistics, Zoology, Agriculture, Animal Husbandry & Veterinary Science, Anthropology,Botany, Chemistry, Civil Engineering, Commerce and Accountancy.

You can choose the subject in sense of your strength .

The IAS selection process is consist in three way

1)Preliminary exam
2)Main exam
3)Inter View.

EXAM DATE:-

Civil Services Preliminary Exam, 2012

Date of notification: 04-02-2012

Last Date for Receipt of Applications: 05-03-2012

Date of Exam: 20-05-2012

Civil Services Main Exam, 2012

Date of Commencement of Exam: 05-10-2012
8th January 2012, 05:04 PM
Unregistered

what is duty of IAS officer?
27th January 2012, 02:39 PM
Unregistered

what type of question do you ask in preliminary exam
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?