24th October 2011, 02:47 AM
rinkibhandari1992

How should I start preparation for IAS Exam being a candidate of pursuing 3rd year of B.Tech?

I m in btech 3 year.how should i start preparing for IAS exam?
i want to be an IAS

Related Questions:
  1. How to start my preparation from college days to become an IPS Officer being a candidate pursuing 3rd year of B.Tech course?
  2. What should be my preparation pattern pursuing 3rd year of my B.Tech (Mechanical Engineering) and pasionate to become an IPS and want to start preparation for IAS exam?
  3. How to start preparation for Civils Exam being a candidate of pursuing final year B.Tech?
  4. How to start preparation for IAS exam while pursuing CSE? -- [Most Discussed]
  5. How to start my preparation for IAS Exam being a candidate pursuing 2nd year of ECE? Which Books should I prepare for this Exam?
  6. Which Books to refer for JTO Exam being a candidate of pursuing 3rd year B.Tech?
  7. Which subjects should I choose for IAS Exam being a candidate pursuing 3rd semester of Mechanical Engineering? Which Books should I prepare for this Exam?
  8. How to start preparation for IAS Exam being a candidate pursuing 2nd year of B.Com course?
  9. How to start preparation to become IAS Officer being a candidate of 3rd year B.Tech?
  10. Books which I can refer for IAS preparation during my B.Tech 3rd year?
  11. How to become IAS official after pursuing B.Tech 3rd year in electrical and electronics engineering? Study material for preparation?
  12. Which is the best way to prepare for IAS Exam? Which optional subjects should I choose for this exam being a candidate from B.Com course?
  13. Which subjects to choose for IAS Exam being a candidate of pursuing 3rd year BA?
  14. How to become an IAS officer while pursuing B.E? What kind of preparation is required?
  15. Is it right time for me to start preparation for Civils being a candidate pursuing final year of B.Tech course? -- [New]
  16. How to start the preparation for GATE exam? I am doing B.Tech Mechanical 3rd year
  17. Which books should I refer for IAS exam? I am pursuing B.Tech 3rd year
  18. What steps should I follow to become an IAS Officer being a candidate pursuing 3rd year of B.Tech in EEE?
24th October 2011, 03:03 PM
gauri2011
Senior Member+

Default Re: How should I start preparation for IAS Exam being a candidate of pursuing 3rd year of B.Tech?

Quote:
Originally Posted by rinkibhandari1992 View Post
i want to be an IAS
Dear Friend,

It is very nice that you want to become an IAS and want to serve the nation.
Yes my friend this is the right time to start preparation for the IAS examination.
But you will be eligible to apply for the IAS examination only after completing B.Tech course.

From now you can increase your aptitude ability.For this there are many books available in the Market.You can also work in your English vocabulary.Try to increase your speed of solving question.

Increase your general knowledge. Daily read news papers.

Follow the above tips and after completing B.Tech apply for the IAS examination.

Best Wihses...
28th November 2011, 11:40 PM
Unregistered

Default Re: How should I start preparation for IAS Exam being a candidate of pursuing 3rd year of B.Tech?

I am studying my PG second year how can i prepare for civils
I want to become an IAS
5th December 2011, 01:25 PM
Unregistered

i am persuing b.e. of civil branch(first samester).So i want to know that how can i prepair for ias exam.
6th December 2011, 10:01 PM
Unregistered

can we write IAS exam in 3rd year b.tech
15th December 2011, 08:59 PM
Unregistered

i'm doing B.Sc (h) in home science..can i persue for IAS exam..wt z the choic of sub i should choose?
22nd February 2012, 12:40 PM
Unregistered

sir i am a student of B.E 1st sem branch cs. i want to know that how can i start preparing for an I.A.S exam.
22nd February 2012, 12:41 PM
Unregistered

sir i am a student of B.E 1st sem branch cs. i want to know that how can i start preparing for an I.A.S exam.
25th February 2012, 01:52 PM
sujukisamurai
Senior Member+

first of all you need to study the subject which you have choosen as optional throughly then Yes my friend this is the right time to start preparation for the IAS examination.
But you will be eligible to apply for the IAS examination only after completing B.Tech course.From now you can increase your aptitude ability.For this there are many books available in the Market.You can also work in your English vocabulary.Try to increase your speed of solving question.
27th February 2012, 12:21 AM
Unregistered

which subject i have to choose after b tech degree with cs branch.??
5th May 2012, 01:03 PM
Unregistered

I want to be IAS after B.tech. From Aeronautical Eng. Course
26th May 2012, 08:41 PM
Unregistered

can i give the exams of ias if i am the student of polytechnic?
8th July 2012, 03:31 AM
ADITYENDRA MEENA

Thumbs up Re: How should I start preparation for IAS Exam being a candidate of pursuing 3rd year of B.Tech?

How shouid i start preparation for ias exam begin
26th August 2012, 01:20 AM
Unregistered

->How should I start preparation for IAS Exam being a candidate of pursuing 3rd year of B.Tech-EEE?
->What are the best coaching institutes for IAS in Hyderabad?
->Could you please tell me the reference books preferred so that I can start my preparation right now?
-Regards,
vidya.
18th October 2012, 12:32 PM
Unregistered

how should i start preparation for ias exam being a candidate 1st year of b. tech
16th November 2012, 04:53 PM
Unregistered

Sir i am Mayank kumar yadav i am stdent of B.tech 2nd year I want to be an IAS officer how to prepare for it plz guid me i am hindi medium student and i want choose the optional subject out of Engg how to choose? iam student of ABES ENGG COLLEGE GZB
16th December 2012, 12:30 PM
Unregistered

Sir,i am stding in 12th class,i have strong desire to become an IAS officer ,sir plse suggest some tips nd books to qualify
12th April 2013, 10:10 PM
Unregistered

sir iam studing B.tech 2nd year iam intrested to become an IPS officer but i completed my intermediate compartmentally due to some problems with 75% i might eligible for to write civils exam might they ask me in the interview that it may be a problem for to reach my goals
8th June 2013, 10:39 PM
Unregistered

namaste sir!
how can i prepare for IAS while studying b.tech 3year computerscience and which books i prefer to read
9th June 2013, 01:15 AM
aashisranjan784
Senior Member+++++

Dear Friend

Its good to see that you are eager to join the Indian Administrative services .Honestly speaking it is the desire of every student.Lots of applause for you have taken an early initiative right from the third year.

To become an IAS officer is really tough but strong determination ,concentration ,devotion towards your studies along with accuracy can fetch you the success in limited time.

First of all analyse yourself that whether you can prepare for the Civil services examinations or not.

If not then do not hesitate in joining the best institutes for the Civil services examinations like :

Raus' IAS study cirlce

Vajiram and Ravi IAS academy

Chanakya's IAS academy

Khan study group and many more.

>>Self study after the coaching is very necessary .If you will go through the candidates who have cleared all the stages of Civil services examinations that is:

Preliminary test

Main examination

Personal interview,you will find that minimum of ten hours of self study is very much necessary for becoming successful in this exam.

Day by day UPSC is giving more emphasis on general studies ,so please focus on area for attaining maximum knowledge of general studies.Watch news channels,read newspapers ,magazines etc.

The last thing is that always try to motivate your self that you can do it

Hope the information helps and satisfies you.If you want any further clarification regarding this or you have any other query you can leave it here .

all the best for your career and life

aashisranjan784
9th June 2013, 03:04 AM
vikash kumar prajapati
Senior Member+++

Quote:
Originally Posted by rinkibhandari1992 View Post
i want to be an IAS
As you are in 3rd year and you will only be eligible to apply for this exam when you will complete your course and when your minimum age will be 21 years.If you Engineering paper is other then Computer Science/Information Technology then study hard and solve your text books problems related to Mathematics and Engineering paper subjects.This will help you to Crack the Mains Exam.However you start from now onwards for the Preliminary Stage.

Preliminary Exam will include two papers and each paper will be two hours.Each paper will be of 200 Marks each.Its details are :-

PAPER I
  1. Indian and World Geography.
  2. Indian Politics and Governments.
  3. Economic and Social Development.
  4. Current events of National and International Issues.
  5. History of India and Indian National Movements.
  6. Environmental Ecology.
  7. General Science.
PAPER II

1. Interpersonal and Communication Skills.
  2. Comprehension.
  3. Decision Making and Problem Solving.
  4. General Mental Ability.
  5. Elementary mathematics.
  6. Logical and Analytical Reasoning.
The Books which you should refer from now onwards are :-

9th June 2013, 11:15 AM
tash1907
Senior Member+++++

Hi Friend................

IAS means Indian Administrative Services and is basically meant for those aspiring candidates who have strong dedication towards the country.

India holds a UPSC examination every year and on the basis of this examination a number of IAS officers are recruitment.

Eligibility Criteria :-

A.)Educational Qualification:-

The minimum qualification required for appearing the competitive examination is Graduation. Many professionals like Engineers, Doctors, persons with Ph.d qualifications are competing for UPSC.

B.)Age Factor:-

1.> For general category :-

21-30 years and can attempt 4 times.

2.>For SC/ST :-

21-35 years ,and there is no limitation .

3.> For the OBC:-

21-33 years and can attempt 7 times.

Paper Pattern for IAS exam :-

1) General-Studies paper carries 150 marks

2) Optional paper carries 150 marks.

Instead of one compulsory paper of General Studies and one Optional paper, both the papers shall be compulsory.
14th July 2013, 05:55 PM
Say2Sibaram

Here i will give you a stepbystep method to prepare.

Step 1 (one year before the test)
Understand the test by going thru CSAT Syllabus, CSAT Past papers
Read The Hindu newspaper daily and Frontline magazineand take notes on Important news, editorials and analysis articles
Go thru the free study material
Read current affairsnotesand try to answer current affairs questions

Step 2 (six months before the test)
Get the study materialand study/practice for about 4hours per day
Get the required CSAT booksand study for about 4 hours per day

Step 3 (three months before the test)
Revise the study material and study/practice for about 2 hours per day
Revise the required books and study for about 2 hours per day
Get India Year Book 2013 and study/revise for about 1 hour per day
Get The Economic Survey of India 2013 and study/revise for about 1 hour per day

Step 4 (one month before the test)
Do the one practice test (both paper I and Paper II)per day and analyze and work on weak area
Revise the study material /required books and study for about 2 hours per day
Revise India Year Book 2013 and study/revise for about 1 hour per day
Revise The Economic Survey of India 2013 and study/revise for about 1 hour per day.

All the best
14th July 2013, 05:58 PM
Say2Sibaram

Prepare one year before the test
Understand the test by going thru CSAT Syllabus, CSAT Past papers
Read The Hindu newspaper daily and Frontline magazineand take notes on Important news, editorials and analysis articles
Go thru the free study material
Read current affairsnotesand try to answer current affairs questions

six months before the test
Get the study materialand study/practice for about 4hours per day
Get the required CSAT booksand study for about 4 hours per day

three months before the test
Revise the study material and study/practice for about 2 hours per day
Revise the required books and study for about 2 hours per day
Get India Year Book 2013 and study/revise for about 1 hour per day
Get The Economic Survey of India 2013 and study/revise for about 1 hour per day

one month before the test
Do the one practice test (both paper I and Paper II)per day and analyze and work on weak area
Revise the study material /required books and study for about 2 hours per day
Revise India Year Book 2013 and study/revise for about 1 hour per day
Revise The Economic Survey of India 2013 and study/revise for about 1 hour per day.

best of luck
25th November 2013, 02:38 PM
Unregistered

how should I prepare for priliminary examination.?what books I should refer?
10th April 2017, 07:53 PM
Unregistered

I want to achived ias examination but i do not more knowladge that examination
I am study at hindi board
So more problem in english

Ratan deepak dubey
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?