19th October 2010, 10:15 PM

How may I join Indian air force as a women pilot?

I am an Intermediate first year student (Math, Physics and Chemistry group) and I want to know all about the courses on offer for an aspiring women pilot in Indian Air Force.
I am good in academics and math and physics are my strong points. Please enlighten me on the areas to focus on for someone seeking a career as a pilot in IAF. I also want the details of the institites of good repute and the fee structure (for the entire training period).
Sujatha Varma
Vijayawada
Andhra Pradesh

27th February 2012, 08:59 PM
Ravikanth2027
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: How may I join Indian air force as a women pilot?

hai friends
age limit:
19 - 23 years as on 01jan2013
relaxble upto 25 years for community

educational qualification :
graduates from any recognised university with min 60% marks

physical stands :
height : 162.5cms

AFCAT advt for Women.pdf
28th February 2012, 06:15 AM
ramandeep.2dec

You can join airforce through AFCAT exam or after CDS exam. If you able to clear those exam, you are called for PABT test to pilot test and then SSB to finally become a pilot.
28th February 2012, 10:34 PM
imira
Senior Member+++++

Women aspiring to join the Indian Air Force as pilots can do so through the Short Service Commission entry scheme. Any lady who have completed her graduation and had done physics, chemistry and maths in her 12th grade can apply for this scheme of entry. Only unmarried women can apply through this scheme of entry. Married women can apply for IAS examination. You may write the NDA exam to get into the Air Force.
9th March 2012, 12:24 AM
jxsab
Senior Member+++++

Cool Re: How may I join Indian air force as a women pilot?

Quote:
Originally Posted by [email protected] View Post
I am an Intermediate first year student (Math, Physics and Chemistry group) and I want to know all about the courses on offer for an aspiring women pilot in Indian Air Force.
I am good in academics and math and physics are my strong points. Please enlighten me on the areas to focus on for someone seeking a career as a pilot in IAF. I also want the details of the institites of good repute and the fee structure (for the entire training period).
Sujatha Varma
Vijayawada
Andhra Pradesh
Hey friend,

Being a women and a 1st year student and having a interest towards joining in Indian Air Force which is one of the defence force of India

For joining in this force you need to write the entrance exam and the exam which you can write is AFCAT Exam

This exam is conducted for both men and female

Details for AFCAT:

There are 3 branches in AFCAT :
  • Ground Duty Branch
  • Flying Branch
  • Technical Branch

There are criteria's which are to be satisfied by the candidate in order to apply for the exam.

Eligibility for AFCAT:

Ground Duty Branch:

The candidate must be a citizen of India and must have a age limit of 20-27 years and must have completed a UG or PG degree in any discipline with 60% aggregate.

Flying Branch:

The candidate must be a citizen of India and must have a age limit of 19-23 years and must have completed a degree in B.E/B.Tech with 60% aggregate.

Technical Branch:

The candidate must be a citizen of India and must have a age limit of 18-28 years and must have completed a degree in Aeronautical Engineering with 60% aggregate.

If you satisfy the above criteria's for the respected branch you can apply for that branch

Selection Process:

ALL THE BEST
9th March 2012, 09:15 AM
dhirajen18
Senior Member+++++

As a women candidate after Graduation you can apply for Indian Air Force through AFCAT.

AFCAT-AIR FORCE COMMON ADMISSION TEST conducted by Indian Air Force for the following branches:-

FLYING BRANCH
TECHNICAL BRANCH
GROUND DUTY BRANCH

The eligible candidate should be an Indian National having Graduation Degree in any stream with 60% marks from a recognised University.

As a women candidate you can apply for flying Branch of Air Force if you are a Graduate with Physics, Chemistry and Mathematics with 60% marks and within the age of 19 to 23 years, is eligible to apply for AFCAT.

The selection is through written test, SSB Interview folllowed by Medical Test.

The written exam is of all objective type questions based on :-

REASONING
GENERAL AWARENESS
VERBAL ABILITY
NUMERICAL ABILITY
GENERAL APTITUDE

FOR MORE INFORMATION YOU MAY LOG ON TO www.careerairforce.nic.in
9th March 2012, 02:48 PM
Unregistered

Hello sir/madam,
i am rakesh.hugar , BE(mechanical) graduate ,i like to join IAF, but i am not getting proper information about recruitment dates, so please if any send me information about recruitment to my EMAIL ID :- [email protected]. please its my request.
9th March 2012, 02:57 PM
Rakesh.hugar

Hllo sir/madam,
i am Rakesh.hugar (BE_mechanical) graduate,i like to join IAF , but i am not getting proper information about recruitment dates , so if any please inform me and my EMAIL ID :- [email protected]. please its my request.
1st April 2012, 07:16 PM
Unregistered

hi dear sir/madam i have completed my degree and im a married women, i am intersted to join Indian airforce can u suggest me the appropriate ways to join Indian air force.
23rd May 2012, 01:52 PM
Unregistered

hi sir i m priyanka,i want to know is there any govrnment institute in india for pilot??and what r their basic requirements after 12th???
8th June 2012, 11:54 PM
Unregistered

Pruthvi Bapat,08/06/12
I am a final year engineering student and like to become pilot in indian air force, I would like to apply for the ssc exams going to be held in
jun-jul 2012 but not geting the appllication form in www.carrierindianairforce.nic.in kindly let me know how to get the application form
8th June 2012, 11:58 PM
Unregistered

let me know how to get application form for applying ssc women pilot selection,because it is not available in carrierindianairforce.nic.in
17th June 2012, 10:49 AM
Unregistered

helo sir/madam, i have just completed my B.pharma degree may i am eligible for applying the exam of short services comission of indian air force as awomen pilot.
3rd July 2012, 03:31 PM
Unregistered

hello ! iam in 11 th ihave opted pcm with com sci & i am truely intersted to fly for indian air force , & its my only aim of life plzzzzzzzz tel me the best piolet institutes in india , sir i have also heard of NDA for girl scheme if some thing is true of it then plz let me know. Sir wat can i do after my 12th so that PABTexam will be a little easier plz answer me its my kind request to u......
17th September 2012, 02:01 PM
Unregistered

sir im studying 3rd btech ece branch.i want to join in air force.how to join sir
16th January 2013, 03:05 AM
Unregistered

good morning sir / madiam,
i m jyothi, i compeleted my degree and married. Present i m staying in U.S.A and i m interested in indian air force. I would like to know married women eligility in IAF. What is the age limit because i m 28 years.In which way i can become member of IAF. From my childhood onwords i focused on IAF only.There are certain persenal reason for my marriage.and my father is ex-service man form IAF only. I like the style of IAF. Its my personal request for you,Plz give me support to me or currect information so that i can achive my aim...My mail id is [email protected] ...thanking you,
regards jyothi,U.S.A(BLOOMINGTON).
4th March 2014, 12:30 AM
Unregistered

I am a girl of age 20.I am doing my graduation course.I would like to join Indian air force.But i am handicapped.Does matter?
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?