2nd October 2011, 01:35 PM
Unregistered

Future scope of Post Graduation in Microbiology?

hi,i am pinu i got 85 rank in pg entrance and i am interested to take admission in microbiology branch and i want to kto know the future of it

4th October 2011, 07:24 PM
imira
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Future scope of Post Graduation in Microbiology?

There is immense scope of PG in microbiology. There are many pharma companies, Drug research companies, medical institutions, Hospitals and laboratories. All require candidate with PG degree in microbiology. It is a growing field and it offers excellent career growth opportunities. You also have options like going for teaching by clearing the NET. If you clear the NET+JRF exam you can even enter the research field. Nowadays health care institutes are doing lot of research in microbiology field.
14th July 2012, 10:05 PM
Unregistered

i am persuing PhD. i did not qualify NET. can i get lecturership in govt college/university after %phD
15th July 2012, 10:07 PM
climber
Senior Member+

Dear friend,

Microbiology is a broad field and so the chances of scope increases automatically.you have a good future once you complete your masters degree in Microbiology.

Scope of Microbiology:

-->>As a Microbiologist you will mostly get placed in R & D laboratories which conducts lots of research.

-->>Biotechnology and Microbiology are considered to be similar fields.

-->>After completion of your graduation or post graduate degree in Microbiology you can get a job as a microbiologist in food sector.

-->>You can get a job in research governmental organizations,Pharma Industries etc..

All the best............................
27th November 2012, 10:33 AM
priyadarshini patnaik

Hello Friend ,
Post Graduation in Microbiology is 2year long duration program.The students of science back ground is only apply for Miccrobiology course.There are various career opportunities are available to the Graduate/Post graduate students of Microbiology.
After M.sc in Microbiology:
1.After post graduation in Microbiology one can join in food Processing Companies,Agricultural companies,pharmaceutical companies.In Food processing company they can work as a food technologist,Agricultural companies employed the graduates as a Agricultural Microbiologist for research purpose.In pharmaceutical companies offer the M.sc grduates employed as a Microbiologist.
2.They also works in private Hospitals & research Institutes.
3.After complete M.sc degree in Microbiology Candidates also apply for many Govt.Research institutes.They can apply for the job such as Microbiologist, Research Assistant, Technical Assistant, Field Assistant and Project assistant etc.
3.They can also apply for the Graduate level exams conducted by Staff Selection commission can get in to different Govt. departments with attractive salary.
4.They also work in Govt. hospitals.
5.The M.sc Microbiology degree holders can join the teaching field as a Lecture & associate Professor in colleges/Universities.but for that they need to qualify the NET exam.
6.They can also work in Foreign countries as a as Medical Microbiologists, Agricultural Microbiologists, Industrial Microbiologists, General Microbiologist etc.
7.They can find a leng term career in research field .After gaining much of experience ,they can get in to the post as a Scientist.
These are the future scope of M.sc or Post garduate Microbiology students.
All The Best For Your Future.
18th May 2013, 11:25 PM
Unregistered

hi...!am doing pg in zoology and i have microbiology as my special paper. what are the future scopes for me in microbiology..???
21st January 2014, 07:29 AM
Unregistered

Hi I have complite pg in microbiology. What are future schope in microbiology as gov sector.
15th August 2019, 07:50 PM
Unregistered

Hi sir I am palraj styding that B.sc micro biology after that M.sc micro biology and after that studied in M.D micro biology
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?