24th September 2012, 11:21 AM
sriltha

Is GATE exam compulsory after B.Tech?

i am in B.Tech 2nd year.If i would like to write the gate exam when i will start the preparation ?

26th September 2012, 07:18 PM
imira
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Is GATE exam compulsory after B.Tech?

You can start exam preparations from this time onwards. GATE exam is based on the syllabus of B.Tech course. There will be questions on engineering mathematics along with subject related questions. Try to collect reference books and model question paper before starting exam preparations. Dedicate 1-2 hour daily for GATE preparation, without affecting your academic studies.
27th September 2012, 01:12 AM
jacobs
Senior Member++++

Dear friend,
I should tell you that GATE exam is not necessary after B.Tech
If you want to do M.Tech
Then you will have to appear for GATE exam
Otherwise you can go for job

GOVT JOBS :

1.SAIL
2.BHEL
3.BEL
4.NTPC
5.IOCL
6.ONGC
7.DRDO
8.BSNL JTO

PRIVATE SECTOR JOBS :

1.TCS
2.CTS
3.WIPRO
4.ACCENTURE
5.IBM
6.INFOSYS
7.SATYAM
8.HCL

All the best......
28th September 2012, 03:39 AM
aryan5107241
Senior Member+++++

Dear Friend,

* GATE Stands for "Graduate Aptitude Test in Engineering".

* No , its not compulsory that you have to give the GATE Exam after B.Tech.

* The GATE Exam is for those who want to go for M.Tech after Completing their B.Tech.

* Many students go for GATE Examination because if you have completed your M.Tech then its mots likely for you to get recruited in top companies with handsome packages in comparison to those who have just completed their B.Tech.

This is the information i have to the best of my knowledge regarding your query. hope the information will help you to the extent you want.
28th September 2012, 08:30 PM
sriltha

thanks for your suggestion.
5th May 2013, 12:22 PM
Unregistered

Are we eligible to apply in companies after B.TECH on the basis of GATE Score ??
22nd July 2013, 09:14 PM
Unregistered

ms.srilatha you can start your gate preparation in your 4th year no problem u can do
22nd July 2013, 10:51 PM
SK@S
Senior Member+++++

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
Are we eligible to apply in companies after B.TECH on the basis of GATE Score ??

GATE scores are used by PSU Companies for shortlisting candidates for Interviews

GATE or Graduate Aptitude Test in Engineering is the Exam conducted by IIT each year

Next GATE exams would be held in January 2014

Eligibilty to apply for the GATE exams is:
>> BE/BTECH/BARCH pass or Final year student

>> M.SC/MCA/MA with subjects/branch Science / Mathematics / Statistics / Computer Applications or equivalent

>> Integrated Master’s degree programs or Dual Degree programs in Engineering / Technology (Five year programme).This programme should have been done just after passing class 12th

PSU hiring through GATE scores are as below:
IOCL
NTPC
BHEL
HEC
BPCL
POWER GRID
GAIL
HPCL
BARC
MECL
DDA
BEL INDIA
DVC
NALCO
CONCOR
MECON
23rd July 2013, 10:20 AM
challa ravali

Thumbs up Re: Is GATE exam compulsory after B.Tech?

No it is not necessary to attempt GATE exam after your B.Tech.
In case you want to do M.Tech for better recruitement in fancy companies then only you have to crack the GATE exam.
If you prepare systematically it will not be dificult.So try it once "All the best".
23rd July 2013, 12:24 PM
nim@1990

GATE exam is not compulsory after B.Tech.

If you want to get admission for M.TECH in any field then you have to give GATE.
After GATE you can take admission very good institute.
23rd July 2013, 02:36 PM
Dharm27
Senior Member+++++

Quote:
Originally Posted by sriltha View Post
i am in B.Tech 2nd year.If i would like to write the gate exam when i will start the preparation ?

Dear Aspirant,

♦> No, there is no any compulsory that a candidate have to apply for the GATE Examination after completing their B.Tech or B.E......

♦> GATE is stands for the Graduate Aptitude Test for Engineering this examination is conducted by the top IIT's of India for the candidate who are wishing to join their further master course in field of Engineering.....

♦> If you are wish to go for M.Tech or M.E then YES, you must have to apply for the GATE Exam and also have to crack it..

♦> There is one more advantages of cracking GATE Exam. that is after completing your GATE Exam on the basis of your GATE Score cared you can get Job at very reputed and top Companies like BHEL, NTPC, ONGC, SAIL, GAIL etc. with good starting salary package.....

♦> So, it is advise to you better to apply for the GATE exam instead of that is not necessary but, it will give you a good future scope....

All the best

With Regards.....
DHARM
23rd July 2013, 03:07 PM
ajayrocks007
Senior Member+++++

No GATE is not compulsory for getting admission into M.Tech. but if you qualify GATE then you will have many advantage over other candidates.

GATE qualified get scholarship while doing Post Graduation and also they can go for JRF as most of the JRF ask for GATE score

Many companies also prefer GATE score for giving jobs to Engineering Graduates.

Every year very limited number of students get GATE qualified so it is not mandatory to have a GATE score.

GATE score work as an academic excellence and those who have it will be considered better for most of the posts in Government sector.

Those in final year can apply for GATE . The exam is conducted by IITs and IISc Bangalore jointly.

Hence be prepared for this examination if you are not qualified and there is no age limit for this examination
23rd July 2013, 08:19 PM
maruthidevi

Dear friend,
I should tell you that GATE exam is not necessary after B.Tech
If you want to do M.Tech
Then you will have to appear for GATE exam
Otherwise you can go for job

GOVT JOBS :

1.SAIL
2.BHEL
3.BEL
4.NTPC
5.IOCL
6.ONGC
7.DRDO
8.BSNL JTO

PRIVATE SECTOR JOBS :

1.TCS
2.CTS
3.WIPRO
4.ACCENTURE
5.IBM
6.INFOSYS
7.SATYAM
8.HCL

All the best......
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?