12th August 2012, 10:02 PM
Unregistered

Guidelines to qualify in GATE Exam?

please provide me guide lines to qualify in GATE

23rd August 2012, 07:17 AM
imira
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Guidelines to qualify in GATE Exam?

GATE exam is based on the syllabus of bachelor of engineering course. This will be different for different streams of engineering. Exam preparation can be started by collecting exact syllabus and exam pattern. Based on the syllabus, you can set up a time table covering all necessary topics. Try to follow this time table regularly. Practicing model questions as well as previous year’s questions will be effective in clearing the exam.
29th August 2012, 09:51 PM
suvendum14

Wink Re: Guidelines to qualify in GATE Exam?

Hi,
here is the guidelines for qualifying in the GATE exam..
Gate exam syllabus are based on your total four years of B.tech or B.E...
you must have clear idea about your departmental subjects knowledge..
then go through the GATE syllabus..
Then select 60% to 70% topic..in which you are well prepared..
then go through the the book according your selected suyllabus..
Don't try to cover 100% syllabus..
Now after selecting the syllabus and once go through the book..
try to solve previous year's GATE question Topic wise..
Don't try to remember any portion without a clear concept..this is useless..

You can use this book also..
this is very helpful..

Practice well..
try Hard..
sure you can success in GATE exam..
All the best..
Thanks..
~$uVenDu~
30th August 2012, 04:46 PM
koppula.haritha

Hi Friends,
GATE Stands for "Graduate Aptitude Test For Engineering".Exam is conducted every year for admission into M.Tech

This exam is very tough so one who has Confidence, Patience, Dedication and determination to crack this exam should appear. The B. Tech. engineers are eligible for the GATE exam

You Must passed Engineering from Recognized University.The GATE has become much more competitive since the last year as students aspiring to get into the Public Sector Units have also started participating in GATE as admissions to various PSUs is now being done on the basis of GATE score..

The GATE syllabus mainly consists of topics from the 3rd year and 4th year..so you should prepare well from these topics.
30th August 2012, 08:53 PM
manjira...

Dear friend,
GATE stands for Graduate Aptitude Test. The exam is very tough due to high competition.

The candidates who want to pursue M.tech have to crack the GATE exam. The B.Tech/B.E graduates are allowed to take this exam.
Even the candidates who want to get job in the PSUs also have to get a rank in GATE.
The syllabus of GATE is based on the 4 year syllabus of B.Tech/B.E.

You need to solve the topic wise questions, previous year question papers and model test paper. You need to have a clear concept about your subject and know the pattern of the paper exactly.
13th September 2012, 03:37 PM
Unregistered

i am M.Sc in zoology.my B.Sc pass subject was botany & anthropology.will i apply gate exam XL categorize
19th November 2012, 06:21 PM
Unregistered

i am doing my b tech when should i start preparing?
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?