31st January 2018, 11:42 AM
Unregistered

Having Maths in Higher Secondary is compulsory to join NIFT or not? If not, what is the procedure to apply?

Respected Sir/Mam, I am a student of 11th commerce but I don't have maths. I will finish my 11th in March this year will start my 12th from 13th April. So, can I join National Institute of Fashion Technology (NIFT) without maths after completion of my 12th? If yes, what is the procedure and how can I apply for it? Is there any entrance exam conducted bu NIFT? If yes, provide details of entrance exam also.

Related Questions:
  1. Which stream should I choose in class 11th to join NIFT? Is Maths a compulsory subject for admission in NIFT?
  2. Procedure and entrance exams to join Military on Higher Secondary basis?
  3. Can we get admission in BCA without having Maths in Higher Secondary? Passing 12th from any stream will be fine?
  4. DASA scheme eligibility with Maths as non-credit subject? What are compulsory and options subjects in DASA scheme?
  5. Procedure to join Indian Army without Maths and with NCC C certificate?
  6. Which stream should I opt in Higher Secondary to appear in NIFT Entrance exam?
  7. Is it compulsory to have Maths in higher secondary class?
  8. Can I take admission in BCA without having Mathematics in Higher Secondary?
  9. Eligibility for IT field after scoring 54% marks in Higher secondary?
  10. Is Maths necessary in Higher Secondary for course in Animation and VFX? -- [New]
  11. Is maths ad a subject during HS compulsory to take economics as major
  12. Is Maths compulsory to get into NIFT? I have just entered 12th with science stream
  13. Is it possible to appear in Mathematics exam from NIOS Board if pursuing Higher Secondary Commerce from Tamil Nadu State Board?
  14. Is Mathematics compulsory for doing NIFT Course??
  15. Whether Maths is compulsory for Fashion Designing at NIFT or not?
  16. Whether having Mathematics at Higher Secondary is compulsory to pursue MCA or not?
  17. How to join coaching centers after doing MSc in Actuarial Science? What is the procedure to apply? I have completed BSc Hons Maths
  18. Cutoff marks for admission in presidency college for economics honors(BSc)? -- [Most Discussed]
2nd February 2018, 10:27 PM
Rab Rakha
Senior Member+++

Default Re: Having Maths in Higher Secondary is compulsory to join NIFT or not? If not, what is the procedure to apply?

NIFT refers to National Institute of Fashion Technology and same are regarded as best institutes for pursuing designing courses.

As far as you are concerned about joining NIFT after your Class 12th with Commerce stream then you can certainly join the same for pursuing undergraduate degree course in designing but for that you are required to qualify NIFT entrance examination.

Further having pursured your Class 12th with PCM group you can not pursue Bachelor degree in Fashion technology.

For more details and updates regarding NIFT entrance examination you can refer to its official link i.e; www.nift.ac.in .
2nd February 2018, 11:41 PM
Maa ka pyaar
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Having Maths in Higher Secondary is compulsory to join NIFT or not? If not, what is the procedure to apply?

No, it is not compulsory to have mathematics as main paper in 12th std.

The candidates are eligible to appear for B.Des course without having mathematics as main paper.

The eligibility to appear for B.Des course is that candidate must have passed 12th in any discipline.

But, for admission in B.F.Tech course the required qualification is that candidate must have passed 12th with Physics, Chemistry, and Mathematics as main paper.

For detail information about examination visit at www.nift.ac.in.
3rd February 2018, 01:50 PM
Badtameez Dil
Senior Member++

There is entrance examination conducted by National Institute of Fashion Technology for admission in courses like Bachelor of Design and Bachelor of Fashion Technology.

Commerce stream candidates are eligible for Bachelor's degree in Design course only. You can apply for NIFT exam for B.Des course. You can apply for the NIFT exam at its official website in year in which you appear for board exams of 12th.
3rd February 2018, 05:49 PM
avinash1997
Senior Member+++++

As far as you are concerned about the compulsion of Mathematics in higher secondary school degree for joining NIFT ( National Institute of Fashion Technology ) which is known for degree courses in fashion designing then I would like to let you know that apart from admission in Bachelor of fashion technology degree course there is no requirement of any subject for joining NIFT to pursue degree course in designing.

Further for admision in NIFT one is required to qualify NIFT entrance examination and for appearing in the same examination one must hold the nationality of India with his/her age lying under 23 years by the 1st October of that year in which he/she is appearing in the same examination. Age relaxation is allowed for reserved category candidates.

For more updates and details regarding NIFT entrance examination you can refer to the link www.nift.ac.in.
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?