23rd January 2018, 07:27 PM
Unregistered

Whether having Mathematics at Higher Secondary is compulsory to pursue MCA or not?

I want to do Master of Computer Application but did not had Mathematics at +2 level. Having Maths subject in +2 is compulsory? After having my graduation will my Graduation be consider first or my 12th percentage and subject combination?

25th January 2018, 07:53 PM
Rab Rakha
Senior Member+++

Default Re: Whether having Mathematics at Higher Secondary is compulsory to pursue MCA or not?

MCA refers to Master of Computer Application and same is a master degree course with a very good career scope in software world.

The minimum educational qualification required for pursuing MCA degree course is a bachelor degree in any discipline from a recognized board of education. Further, the candidate must have pursued Mathematics as a main subject for a duration of at least one year at his/her Class 12th or bachelor degree level for must.

So having not pursued Mathematics at your Class 10+2 level you are not eligible for pursuing MCA degree course unless you have studied Mathematics at your graduation level for a minimum of one year.
25th January 2018, 11:18 PM
shantanu bose
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Whether having Mathematics at Higher Secondary is compulsory to pursue MCA or not?

MCA stands for Master of Computer Application.

>>A candidate must have Mathematics as a compulsory subject in 10+2 exam to apply for MCA course.
>>Candidates who passed their BCA course are also eligible to apply for MCA course.
>> Graduation in Computer Application is considered first to apply MCA course.
26th January 2018, 05:36 PM
ranjan Ayush
Senior Member+++++

MCA is Master in Computer Application and is two year duration course.

The required qualification to appear for entrance examination to get admission in the course is that candidate must have passed bachelor degree from a recognised university.

It is mandatory to have Mathematics as main paper in 12th std.

Candidate must have scored minimum 60% aggregate ( varies with institutes ) to appear for entrance examination.

So, candidates without having Mathematics in 12th or bachelor degree are not eligible to appear in examination.

Entrance examination conducted for admission in course is :-

NIMCET.

IIT JAM.
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?