30th May 2012, 11:19 PM
Unregistered

Is it compulsory to have Maths in higher secondary class?

is it compulsory to have maths in higher secondary class ?

Related Questions:
  1. Eligibility for IT field after scoring 54% marks in Higher secondary?
  2. Is there any way to join Indian Navy after my graduation? I am a student of 11th standard with 53%
  3. Cutoff marks for admission in presidency college for economics honors(BSc)? -- [Most Discussed]
  4. What to do to become a Pilot after 10th?
  5. DASA scheme eligibility with Maths as non-credit subject? What are compulsory and options subjects in DASA scheme?
  6. Is it possible to appear in Mathematics exam from NIOS Board if pursuing Higher Secondary Commerce from Tamil Nadu State Board? -- [New]
  7. Notes on secondary and higher secondary level PCM subjects?
  8. Can I write NDA exam in 11th standard?
  9. When a student belongs to outside Maharashtra will get application form for Maharashtra CET exam? How may I get the application forms in Pune for the same?
  10. Can I join Armed forces of India after completing 3 years diploma in ETC?
  11. Compulsory and optional subjects enlisted in Science of CBSE Board Higher Secondary Education?
  12. Latest 5 years papers of Maharashtra State Secondary and Higher Secondary Board for OCM, SP, ECO, Book-Keeping, English and Maths I & II ?
  13. Can I choose English 1 & 2 instead of Bengal in wbCHSe?
  14. How to take admission in higher secondary class after scoring 74% in class 10th
  15. Is it necessary to qualify in SET to become Higher Secondary Teacher in Kerala for MCA graduate?
  16. Which subjects are compulsory to make 60% in higher secondary to get eligible for TCS? Is Bengali necessary?
  17. How to apply for Army after doing Matric?
  18. How should I become a Maths teacher for higher secondary students after completing CSE?
1st June 2012, 02:30 PM
SANDEEP891985
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Is it compulsory to have Maths in higher secondary class?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
is it compulsory to have maths in higher secondary class ?
There are various courses for which you need to have mathematics in the higher secondary level but basically, it depends upon the stream you choose for your higher studies. In order to pursue bachelors degree program in Arts, Mathematics is never required. In case you would like to follow your bachelors degree program in Commerce stream as well as medical, Mathematics is optional and is not mandatory. Now, candidates willing to pursue Engineering and other technical courses needs to have Mathematics in the higher secondary level. Apart from engineering discipline, in order to pursue higher studies in Computer Application as well as Economics, Mathematics in the higher secondary level is desired by most of the recognized universities.
1st June 2012, 04:18 PM
Shaenma
Senior Member+++++

That entirely depends upon the course you wish to pursue after completing your boards exam. A career in the field of science or commerce demands mathematics as a subject in the +2 level. As otherwise if you go for arts stream you need not study mathematics at all

hope this helps
12th June 2012, 10:24 AM
Unregistered

is it compulsory to have maths in matrix for entrance in Army ?
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?