16th November 2016, 10:25 PM
Unregistered

Can a Commerce stream student apply for NDA?

Respected Sir, I am studying in class 12th (Commerce) and I want to join the Indian Army so I want to know can I apply for NDA exam after completing class 12th (Commerce)?

18th November 2016, 12:47 AM
BISWARUPYOGI
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Can a Commerce stream student apply for NDA?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
Respected Sir, I am studying in class 12th (Commerce) and I want to join the Indian Army so I want to know can I apply for NDA exam after completing class 12th (Commerce)?
Yes, Commerce student are eligible for NDA exam.

NDA stands for National Defence Service exam.

Candidates who have completed the 12th standard from a recognized board or equivalent exam are eligible for NDA exam. Final year of 12th standard candidate are eligible for NDA exam.

Your age should be in between to 16.5 years to 19.5 years.
18th November 2016, 02:13 PM
Careerexpert
Senior Member+++++

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post

Yes, the commerce stream student can apply for joining Indian Army through National Defence Academy (NDA). The candidates should be in the age group of 16.5 years to 19.5 years to apply for NDA examinations. Only unmarried candidates can apply for the examination. The candidates should be an Indian national and should studied 10+2 from any one of the recognized board. The NDA examinations are conducted by the UPSC. The UPSC website link is Click Here
18th November 2016, 08:56 PM
TLSAAAA
Senior Member+++++

Yes, candidates passed 12th with commerce stream are eligible to appear for NDA examination which is conducted by UPSC twice every year.

The eligibility to appear for examination is :-

Candidate must have passed 12th from any recognised board.

Candidate's age must be between 16.5-19.5 years.

So, you can appear for examination but will be only eligible for recruitment in Indian Army.

To get more information about examination visit at www.upsc.gov.in.
18th November 2016, 09:41 PM
avinash1997
Senior Member+++++

--> NDA stands for National Defense Academy and as the name suggests it is a defense academy meant for providing training and education to those who are looking to become a commissioned officer in Indian defense sector and have managed to qualify NDA entrance examination.

--> NDA entrance examinations are held twice every year by UPSC in two stages which includes Written examination and SSB ( Service Selection Interview ) respectively.

--> The minimum eligibility criteria required for appearing in the same examination are as here under :-

* You must be an unmarried Indian male candidate.

* You must have completed your Class 12th in any discipline from a recognized board of education. But in case one is interested to join Indian Navy or Indian Air force he/she must have studied Physics, Chemistry, Mathematics and English in the same class.

* Your age must lie within 16.5 years to 19.5 years along with satisfying the necessary physical requirement criteria specified during the notification of same examination.

So having completed your Class 12th in Commerce stream you are surely eligible for appearing in NDA examination for joining Indian Army on the basis of educational requirement but you must satisfy the other mentioned criteria too.

For further updates and details regarding the same examination you can log on to the link www.upsc.gov.in.
16th December 2017, 10:30 PM
Unregistered

Sir I'm a commerce student,I just passed my 12th and now I'm going to appear in NDA exam but I heard that Commerce student don't need to give NDA written exam or there's some different syllabus for Commerce students...Is it true ??? Suggest me if there's is something about NDA for Commerce student...
Regards
6th August 2019, 10:16 PM
Unregistered

Commerce student can appear in nda and in officer's post....?
11th August 2019, 01:03 PM
Misses neetu

Hello dear,

Yes sure a commerce student can also apply for NDA exam but there are some rules to apply .

You must be an INDIAN.

You must be passed 10th and 12th from the recognised board.

Only male candidateso can apply for this exam because female candidates cannot apply.

Your age must be 16.5 to 19 years.

Your height must be good.

If you have all these things then you can apply .

All the best

Thank you
12th September 2019, 11:08 PM
Unregistered

What is the syllabus for NDA exam of commerce student
7th April 2020, 10:12 AM
Unregistered

I am student of commerce can i do nda
21st April 2020, 07:09 PM
Unregistered

i am commerce post graduate female how can i joint nda
19th May 2020, 02:10 PM
Unregistered

Syllabus for NDA exam for a commerce student
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?