30th May 2012, 10:39 PM
Unregistered

How to apply in CDS exam? What are the subjects required for it? I am a M.Com final year student

i m 24yrs. now & want to apply in "cds" exam this time i m in M.com final can i and what are the subjects required for it. thanks.

31st May 2012, 10:45 AM
venkataprakash.v
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: How to apply in CDS exam? What are the subjects required for it? I am a M.Com final year student

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
i m 24yrs. now & want to apply in "cds" exam this time i m in M.com final can i and what are the subjects required for it. thanks.
CDS Stands for Combined Defence Service Academy Examination and this examination is conducted by Union Public Service Commission twice in a year .

CDS Exam conducts for :-
  • Military Academy
  • Naval Academy
  • Air force Academy
  • Officer Training Academy

Military Academy / Officer Training :-

Candidate must have passed graduate degree with any desire subject from a recognized University or equivalent qualification and No percentage bar required.

Candidate who are appearing in the final year of degree course can also eligible to apply for this examination .

Air force Academy :-

Candidate must have passed graduate degree or equivalent with Physics and Mathematics as subjects from a recognized University and there is no percentage bar required .

Candidate who are appearing in the final year of degree course can also eligible to apply for this examination .

Naval Academy :-

Candidate must have passed B.Sc degree with Physics and Mathematics OR Engineering from a recognized University and there is no percentage bar required.

Age limits :-
  • Military :- 19 -24 yrs .
  • Naval :- 19 - 22 yrs .
  • Air force :- 19 - 23 yrs .
  • Officer Training Academy :- 19 - 25 yrs .

CDS II Dates :-
  • Date of Notification :- 02.06.12
  • Last date for receipt of application :- 02.07.12
  • Date of examination :- 16.09.12

CDS exam pattern :-

Application Process :-

Candidate can fill the application through Online , there is no offline mode application .

Online Application :- Application

Candidate have to pay the fees 50 /- .

Payment modes :- Internet Banking , Visa / Master / Debit / Credit cards , SBI branches .

Physical Standards :-

Official Website :- www.upsc.gov.in
31st May 2012, 11:13 AM
bnaveen70

Default Re: How to apply in CDS exam? What are the subjects required for it? I am a M.Com final year student

any graduate candidate is applicable CDS entrance test...
CDS some instructions/rules to applying cds:

min age 19-25 years
application fee 100
upsconline.gov.in online application link
physical standard cheeking in after successful exam...
31st May 2012, 11:30 AM
VIVEK2525

hi friends,
CDS Stands for Combined Defence Service Academy Examination and this examination is conducted by Union Public Service Commission twice in a year .

CDS Exam conducts for :-

Officer Training Academy
Naval Academy
Military Academy
Air force Academy

Naval Academy :-

Candidate must have passed B.Sc degree with Physics and Mathematics OR Engineering from a recognized University and there is no percentage bar required.

Military Academy / Officer Training :-

Candidate must have passed graduate degree with any desire subject from a recognized University or equivalent qualification and No percentage bar required.

Air force Academy :-

Candidate must have passed graduate degree or equivalent with Physics and Mathematics as subjects from a recognized University and there is no percentage bar required .

CDS II Dates :-
Date of Notification :- 02.06.12
Last date for receipt of application :- 02.07.12
Date of examination :- 16.09.12

Age limits :-
Military :- 19 -24 yrs .
Naval :- 19 - 22 yrs .
Air force :- 19 - 23 yrs .
Officer Training Academy :- 19 - 25 yrs .
Application Process :-

Candidate can fill the application through Online , there is no offline mode application .

Online Application :- Application

Candidate have to pay the fees 50 /- .

Payment modes :- Internet Banking , Visa / Master / Debit / Credit cards , SBI branches .

thanks
31st May 2012, 12:23 PM
nagendra vijayasree
Senior Member+

Hi dear

UPSC (Union Public Service Commission's) will hold the CDS (Combined Defence Service Exams).

CDS Exam eligibility:

A candidate should be citizen of inidan or
A subject of bhutan or
A subject of Nepal or
A tibetan refugg who came over to india befor the 1st January, 1962 with the intention of permanently settling in india

Age limit:

1. For IMA unmarried male candidates born not earlier than 2nd january, 1988 and not later than 1st january, 1994 only are eligible
2. For Naval Acadamy-unmarried male candidates born not earlier than 2nd january, 1991 and not later than 1st january 1994 only are eligible.
3. For air force acadamy unmarried male candidates born not earlier than 2nd january, 1990 and later than 1st january, 1994 only are eligible.

CDS Educational qualification:

1.For I.M.A and officers's training Acadamy-Degree of a recognized university.
2.For Indian Naval Acadamy: Degree in Engineering for CDSE and degree in engineering in B.Sc with physics or mathematics for NCC entry.

Admission:

last date For I.M.A, Naval and Air force academy on or before 13th November,2012
For admission to officer's training academy, Chennai on or before 1st February 2013.

Examination syllabus:

it consists of 3 papers
1.general english
2.general awareness
3.mathematics

for more details kindly visit the following link:

http://www.upscexam.com/upsc_examina...igibility.html
31st May 2012, 01:20 PM
romi_bal

Yes, You are applicable for CDS exam

COMBINED DEFENCE SERVICE EXAM(CDSE)

This exam is conducted by UPSC in every year.

EDUCATIONAL QUALIFICATION

Those candidate are completed graduation are eligible for CDSE exam but 12 standard subject must be Math and Physics.

B-TECH ans BE student are also eligible for this exam .But you have not any Pending Backlog.

Final Year student are also eligible for CDSE exam.There is no percentage marks criteria.

AGE CRITERIA

Indian Military Academy - 19-24 Years
Air Force Academy - 19-23 Years
Naval Academy - 19-22 Years
Officer's Training Academy - 19-25 Years

MARITAL STATUS

Only Unmarried persons are eligible

NATIONALITY

You must have citizenship from India.

THE EXAMINATION PATTERN

31st May 2012, 01:25 PM
josh98
Senior Member+++++

CDS stands for Combined Defence Service. CDS exam is conducted by the upsc twice in a year.

CDS exam is three wings

Indian Military Academy

Indian Air force

Navy

ELIGIBILITY CRITERIA:

The candidate should be citizen of india.

Military Academy: your age should be between 19 to 24 years.

Navy:
your age should be between 19 to 23 years.

Air force:
your age should be between 19 to 24 years.

The candidate should be complete the graduation from any recognized university.

The indian air force and navy you should have physics and mathematics at 12th level compulsory.

Only unmarried male candidates are eligible for this exam.

CDS II EXAM DATES:

Date of Notification :-

Last date for receipt of
application :- 02.07.12

Date of examination :-

all the best.
3rd August 2012, 04:08 PM
Unregistered

can girls give cds exam after m.b.b.s and 12th pass in home science.
8th November 2012, 01:23 PM
Unregistered

i m B.C.A graduate H.S.C without maths can i give cds exam? because i m H.S.C commerce student.
but i have passed with Account and Statistics subject.
8th November 2012, 08:47 PM
Shaenma
Senior Member+++++

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
CDSE's full form is Combined Defense Service Examination. The CDS exam is conducted by the UPSC twice a year to enter the following academies:- Indian Military Academy, Air Force Academy, Naval Academy and Officer's Training Academy.

Since you have doing M.Com therefore you cannot enter the Air Force Academy and Naval Academy because to enter these two academies you need to have a B.Sc/B.E. degree.

Thus with your qualification you can only apply to enter the Indian Military Academy and Officer's Training Academy. However one thing needs to be mentioned here that although you have the required qualification to enter the Indian Military Academy but not the age. The upper age limit for general category candidate is 23 years.

But you can still give the exam to enter the Officer's Training Academy because the age limit to enter this academy is 19-25 years. The detailed information about the CDSE has been given below:-

CDSE Exam Eligibility Criteria:-

Indian Military Academy:-
  • You need to have a bachelor's degree in any discipline from a recognized university.
  • Your age should be between 19 and 23 years.

Air Force Academy:-
  • You need to have a B.E./B.Tech degree in engineering or technology or a bachelor's degree in science with physics or mathematics.
  • Your age should be between 19 and 23 years.

Naval Academy:-
  • You need to have a B.E./B.Tech degree in engineering or technology or a bachelor's degree in science with physics or mathematics.
  • Your age should vary between 19 and 22 years.

Officer's Training Academy:-
  • You need to complete your graduation in any discipline from a recognized university.
  • Your age should be between 19 and 25 years.

Examination Pattern:-

The examination pattern of all the academies except the officer's training academy is same.

OTA Exam Pattern:-

IMA, AFA & NA Exam Pattern:-

Hope this helps :-> :->
25th June 2014, 09:35 AM
Unregistered

I am student of bsc biotecnology. how IS can prepare for I.M.A what subject I should prepare for it
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?