30th April 2013, 09:54 PM
Unregistered

How to apply for government sector job in B.Tech chemical engineering? I am doing 3rd year chemical engineering in Erode

hi i am doing 3rd year chemical enginerring in erode. my question is how to apply the goverment sector jobs in B.tech chemical enginerring students.plz tell the steps and email through it.my email id is [email protected].

Related Questions:
  1. Job opportunities for Girls in Chemical Engineering? Syllabus of the B.Tech Chemical Engineering in Kerala University?
  2. What are the chemical engineering job opportunities?
  3. How to get a government/private job in chemical engineering?
  4. Job opportunities in Government sector for Polytechnic Chemical Engineer in Uttar Pradesh and Uttarakhand? -- [New]
  5. Best Chemical Engineering colleges in Tamilnadu? Salary of Chemical Engineering in Abroad and the fee structure of it in India?
  6. How to pursue M.Tech in chemical engineering after completing B.E in chemical engineering?
  7. Where should I look for chemical engineering jobs? I have passed B.Tech in Chemical Engineering
  8. Cochin University B.Tech in Safety and Fire Engineering-3rd Sem-Chemical Engineering I exam - Download Previous Years Question Papers
  9. Can I get a job in Loco Pilot? I am studying 2nd year chemical engineering
  10. Good private sector jobs for Chemical engineer?
  11. In Chemical Engineering stream how many jobs are available?
  12. What is the prospect in Chemical Engineering? Will I get Government Job? -- [Most Discussed]
  13. Is it possible for B.Tech Biotechnology students to apply for M.Tech in chemical engineering
  14. Which is the best course in engineering? What is the future of Chemical Engineering?
  15. Job opportunities after B.Tech Chemical Engineering? Which are the companies hiring chemical engineers?
  16. List of jobs in chemical I can apply for in India after completing PG in process engineering from MIT pune and Chemical engineering from Pune university? What's the future prospective for the same?
  17. Any chance for a job in software company after completing B.Tech Chemical Engineering with 56%?
  18. How to get summer internship? I am a student of 3rd year B.E chemical engineering student
1st May 2013, 08:09 PM
sherleytwain
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: How to apply for government sector job in B.Tech chemical engineering? I am doing 3rd year chemical engineering in Erode

The truth is that Chemical Engineers have few opportunities in the government sector. They can not appear for all the entrance exams conducted for Engineering graduates.

Generally Mechanical, Civil and ECE stream students are high in demand in government sector. However this absolutely does not mean that there is no opportunity for the Chemical Engineers.

You can apply for the job in Public Sector Undertakins. There are opportunities in the PSUs. Basically PSU is a company which is controlled by the government. Therefore the jobs in such companies are equal to the government jobs.

The jobs are offered through entrance exam although there is no common entrance exam. You will have to check the notification of each company and see whether there is any vacancy for the Chemical Engineers. Only then you should apply for the exam.

The selection procedure is quite simple. First there will be a written test which is followed by interview. However some companies ask for GATE score from the candidate instead of written test.

Therefore if you haven't appeared for GATE please do so. You can appear for GATE as soon as you are in the final year of B.Tech. The GATE score is only valid for 2 years after which you can reappear.

PSU Eligibility

1. You will have to complete Chemical Engineering from recognized college.

2. You should secure at least 60 percent marks.

3. Clear all pending backlogs before applying.

4. GATE score is important to apply in some PSUs.

5. The age of the candidate should be 21 to 30 years.

6. There is 3 years relaxation for OBC.

7. SC/ST is eligible for upto 5 years relaxation.

List of PSU

ECIL

GAIL

SAIL

IOCL

BPCL

NALCO

HPCL

ONGC
8th June 2013, 12:19 AM
Unregistered

Default Re: How to apply for government sector job in B.Tech chemical engineering? I am doing 3rd year chemical engineering in Erode

Hi. i am lavanya. am 4rth year chemical engineering student. can i have any opportunity to apply for a job and appear to an interview. pls tell me...
14th July 2013, 11:05 PM
Unregistered

i am doing btech 4th year in petrochemical engineering in jntu kakinada. Can i apply for any government job still pursuing 4th year?
3rd August 2013, 12:09 PM
Unregistered

to get a job in psu how much gate score we need to get?
13th August 2013, 05:18 PM
Unregistered

less than 60% marks allowded or not
29th December 2013, 01:45 PM
Unregistered

hi i am doing 3rd year chemical enginerring in erode. my question is how to apply the goverment sector jobs in B.tech chemical enginerring students.plz tell the steps and email through it [email protected]
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?