6th March 2012, 02:18 PM
Unregistered

How to apply for IES? Can I apply for it in first year of M.E course?

How to apply ies?whether it can be applied in first year of m.e course?pls reply.

8th March 2012, 03:17 AM
SANDEEP891985
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: How to apply for IES? Can I apply for it in first year of M.E course?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
How to apply ies?whether it can be applied in first year of m.e course?pls reply.
The Indian Engineering Service Examination is conducted by Union Public Service Commission and in order to be considered eligible for the examination, one must hold a bachelors degree in Engineering and must not be over 30 years of age. The maximum age limit is ,however, relaxed upto 5 years for candidates belonging to Sc/St category and 3 years for OBC category.

So, if you are within the prescribed age limit, you may definitely apply for the examination but this particular examination is conducted only for the four major areas of Engineering:
Mechanical Engineering
Civil Engineering
Electronics and Telecommunication Engineering
Electrical Engineering

The upcoming examination will be held on 15.06.2012 and the application process will start from 10.03.2012.
For further information, refer to the official website of Union Public Service Commission.
9th March 2012, 01:17 PM
vikasjha39
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: How to apply for IES? Can I apply for it in first year of M.E course?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
HI!
Please mention the name of your stream in which you have completed you engineering..
I.E.S is Indian Engineering Services.
I.E.S exam is conducted by U.P.S.C once in a year..

The candidate who pass the engineering in following branch are eligible for I.E.S exam:-
1.Civil Engineering
2.Electrical Engineering
3.Mechanical engineering.
4.Electronics and Communication Engineering.

The age limit is 21-30 year..
For ST/SC candidate minimum 5year relaxation

GOOD LUCK!
20th March 2012, 09:37 PM
Unregistered

my date of birth is 29th july 1991 can i apply for ies 2012
8th April 2012, 02:06 PM
Unregistered

where i get application form?
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?