16th February 2011, 06:38 PM
Unregistered

In which year a B.Tech student can apply for IES exam? Can 3rd year student apply?

which time a b. tech student can apply for IES exm ? means in third year candidate can apply ?

Related Questions:
  1. Can I apply for IES and UPSC exam after passing B.Tech 3rd year with Electronics and Instrumentation branch?
  2. Can I apply for fresh MHRD Scholarship if haven't applied in the 1st year being a B.Tech 3rd year student?
  3. Procedure to apply for Internship in BHEL, Hyderabad for B.Tech 3rd year student?
  4. Can a computer science graduate apply for JTO exam and IES exam?
  5. Procedure to apply for Internship in NTPC for B.Tech(Civil Engineering) 3rd year student?
  6. Can a B.Tech 3rd year Electronics Student apply for Training in NTPC? Procedure to apply for it?
  7. List of Aeronautical Centres where I can apply for summer training during 3rd year Aeronautical B.Tech? Procedure to apply in HAL Bangalore?
  8. Can I apply for IES while in ECE 3rd year
  9. Can I apply for Bank PO exams during 3rd year of B.Tech.? -- [Most Discussed]
  10. IES exam for 3rd year Engineering student?
  11. Am I eligible for internship program? How to apply? I'm a B.Tech(ECE) 3rd year student with an aggregate of 81% marks
  12. How to apply for summer training in Indian Railways? I am a B.Tech 3rd year electronics and communication student
  13. Procedure to apply for Summer Internship in ONGC/NTPC for B.Tech(ECE) 3rd year student?
  14. Detailed procedure to apply for Internship in NTPC for B.Tech(ME) 3rd year student?
  15. Which Books to refer for JTO Exam being a candidate of pursuing 3rd year B.Tech?
  16. How to apply for IES for Civil Engineering 3rd year student?
  17. Procedure to apply for Internship in HAL, Bangalore to B.Tech(Electrical Engineering) 3rd year student?
  18. How to apply for internship when I am doing my 3rd year B.Tech? -- [New]
17th February 2011, 12:52 AM
kapil2503

Default Re: In which year a B.Tech student can apply for IES exam? Can 3rd year student apply?

3rd year student can't be eligible for the IES exam 2011.
only last year(4th year) students are eligible.
after completed the engineering be can apply for the IES.
17th February 2011, 03:07 AM
ricks2cool
Senior Member+

Default Re: In which year a B.Tech student can apply for IES exam? Can 3rd year student apply?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
which time a b. tech student can apply for IES exm ? means in third year candidate can apply ?
A third year candidate cant apply.
A candidate who is in final year of degree or who has completed his degree can only apply.
So you are not eligible to apply now.
You can apply in your final year ie fourth year.
17th February 2011, 10:39 AM
maheshhh

you should be in final year last semester to write the ies examination..third year students cannot write the examination..
5th March 2011, 06:29 PM
Unregistered

how to get prepare for upsc exams for girls in a year
20th March 2011, 10:04 PM
kapila Chaudhary
Senior Member++++

Hi Friend,
For appearing in IES exam conducted by UPSC you should have Graduation degree from a recognized university.So you are eligible after completing your B. tech.

IES Exam Eligibility:
Age Eligibility:
You need to be between 21 years to 30 years on the 1st August, 2011.
Age relaxations exist as per Govt. rules.

Academic Eligibility:
You must be a graduate in Engineering from a recognized university.

For complete details go to http://www.upsc.gov.in
22nd March 2011, 07:34 PM
rohitkumarramesh
Senior Member++++

Smile Re: In which year a B.Tech student can apply for IES exam? Can 3rd year student apply?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
Query On IES
No you are not eligible to apply for the IES examination
in 3rd year. A candidate can apply for the IES exam only
after the completion of engineering. So you have to complete
your engineering first to apply for the IES examination.

Education Qualification
Candidate having degree in engineering in any of the following
branch mentioned below are eligible to apply for the IES examination

Civil Engineering.

Mechanical Engineering.

Electrical Engineering.

Electronics & Telecommunication Engineering.

Age Limit
Candidate applying for the IES examination should have
age between 21 years to 30 years.

For more information on IES examination visit the UPSC
web site www.upsc.gov.in
24th March 2011, 07:51 PM
Unregistered

sir in which ies jobs we are aligible ; computre science
27th March 2011, 03:04 PM
Unregistered

how to prepare ies examination in civil branch.
plz gave answer in details.
avinash
21st September 2011, 11:19 AM
saugata2008

Indian Engineering Services exam is conducted by UPSC for recruitment of 4 categories engineering services Mechanical,Civil,Electrical,Electronics .
The candidate should have 4 years bachelor's degree in the above mentioned branches can apply for the exam .Final year students of Bachelor degree are also can apply .

So you have to wait for at least 1 year to be applicable for the exam .

Thank you
23rd September 2011, 09:18 PM
Unregistered

i am 3rd year mechanical engineeering student. how should i start preparation for ies
24th September 2011, 01:09 PM
peterpan10
Senior Member+

I'm really very sorry to tell you that you are not eligible for IES examination while you are in the 3rd year of your graduation.You will be eligible after completin this B.TECH.

Here is the details of IES examination :

Academic qualification :You must have engineering degree or M.Sc or equivalent examination with wireless communication,Radio physics,electronics or radio engineering stream.

Age limit :You must be 21 to 30 years on 1st August.

Fees:Rs. 100/. only[For SC/ST/handicapped no fees]
6th March 2012, 02:13 AM
Unregistered

sir plz tel me the pattern of xam in detail....
1st April 2012, 11:23 PM
Unregistered

how to prepare in ies exam in ece branch.
30th April 2012, 02:16 PM
Unregistered

i am doing final year B.Tech (IT) can i apply without degree certificate?
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?