4th June 2012, 09:01 PM
Unregistered

How to apply for various posts n Indian Navy after passing B.Tech CSE? What is the procedure and for what type of posts am I eligible?

sir i am in 4th b'tech(cse).i want to apply for posts in indian navy.can u tell me the procedure and type of posts for which i can eligible.

27th May 2016, 03:30 PM
AWNISH RANJAN CHAUDHARY
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: How to apply for various posts n Indian Navy after passing B.Tech CSE? What is the procedure and for what type of posts am I eligible?

Since you are pursuing the final year of your of Bachelor of Technology degree course with Computer Science so you eligible for the post of defense officer i.e; lieutenant in the Indian Navy but for the same you will need to clear CDS entrance examination.

Full form of CDS is Combined Defense Services and it is a basically a training center meant for those who manages to clear CDS entrance examination and is interested to be a defense officer. To get selected for CDS, you will have to qualify CDS entrance examination which is held twice every year by UPSC and for appearing in the same for joining Indian Navy, the required eligibility criteria are as below :-

* You must have the citizenship of India.

* Your age must lie in between 19 years to 22 years.

* You must have completed your bachelor degree course with either of Physics/Mathematics/engineering course as the main subject from a recognized university.

Note :- Physical fitness is also required as per the service norms.

For more detailed information about the CDS examination you can visit official website of UPSC i.e; www.upsc.gov.in.
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?