7th December 2015, 01:40 AM
Unregistered

How an Arts student can become a Software Engineer?

My self imrana kureshi from Kolkata I m student of arts but I went to make my self software engineer. How is it possible? Plz tell me

7th December 2015, 11:08 PM
ranjeet250490
Senior Member++++

Arrow Re: How an Arts student can become a Software Engineer?

Arts is a branch of study that does not deal with technical subjects such as Physics and Chemistry. Instead what it focuses on is creativity, literature subjects, arts and a variety of other domain areas. What it means is it does not give any sort of exposure to technical studies.

As well known by all, after a student passes out of class 10th, he/she has the priviledge to choose from majorly three streams: Science, Commerce and Arts. Now that you had chosen Arts, I am assuming that you have not studied any of the Science Subjects. However, before going any further let me brief you about the basic requirements to become a Software Engineer:

1. First of all to become any engineer you need to have studied Science subjects in your class 11th and 12th which include PCM.

2. Then you are required to sit for entrances like IIT JEE, AIEEE, BITSAT, DCE CET, MH-CET, WB JEE, SRMEEE, VITEEE and more to crack them and fetch a good engineering seat in a college. The top Engineering colleges are IITs, NITs, BITS Pilani, DCE, NSIT etc.

3. Once you pass out of your college after studying Computer Science Engineering/IT Engineering, then you can call yourself a Computer/Software Engineer.

However, in your case since you have done Arts there is no way you can become a computer/software engineer. However, if you still wish to take up a career in IT, I would suggest you to do some part time weekend courses on coding like C Programming, Java, .Net, SQL and more so that you can give some interviews and get a job for the posts of Software Developer, Software Engineer in some B/C Grade IT Companies.
5th April 2019, 09:13 PM
Unregistered

Default Re: How an Arts student can become a Software Engineer?

I have passed intermediate. MY subjects were Zoology, Botany,Chemistry,English and Hindi. After that I completed BA With subjects Ancient history,Political science and Education. I want to become software engineer.May you give me any suggestion to become software engineer after doing BA ?
23rd August 2019, 02:57 PM
Unregistered

Can I do software engineer after 12th arts?
27th September 2019, 07:58 PM
Unregistered

Sir my 12th subject agriculture and ug for B.A. plz tell me my aim is software engineers or it best cours this fild suggest me
7th November 2019, 06:53 PM
Unregistered

I am a ba graduate with distance I want to join in software company by doing sap course. Is it possible
17th January 2020, 09:30 PM
Unregistered

I am Zubair .my important question .can i do software engineering after Af it ?
26th January 2020, 08:42 AM
Unregistered

I am a student of class 11, and I have chosen art subject, 82.85% in my 10th class. I have an art computer. What I do after 2 ?
26th January 2021, 10:36 PM
Unregistered

I am arts students i have complete my graduation ba can i take addmission in msc computer science
7th April 2021, 05:52 PM
Unregistered

I am arts students study in kathri mils schools ondipudur
But i want leran software eng
9th June 2021, 12:39 AM
Afreen0786

Yes, An Arts student can become a software engineer,
There are a lot ways that can you choose from to make yourself software engineer. Easiest way will be to learn languages such as HTML to get yourself into flow.
on the basis of class 10th percentage.
Students after 3 years, will get admission in Direct second Year Engineering ( DSY) for 3 years. So here you can choose software branch for that.
15th October 2021, 08:52 PM
Available here
Senior Member+

If you have Mathematics in your 12th standard then you can apply for Software Engineering. All PCM students only eligible for doing Engineering courses. So if you had Mathematics in 12th then only you are eligible.
28th October 2021, 02:16 AM
Unregistered

Can I apply for software engineering after my graduation? And how its possible? Please tell me I'm really interested about it but I was not prepared for that before just for that I was come on arts stream... %uD83D%uDE14%uD83D%uDE22
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?