29th February 2016, 12:24 PM
Afraaahmed

How to become a college lecturer? What is the procedure followed for it?

I want to become a college lecturer
I have done my bcom & CA IPCC with articleship
How do i proceed further? Can someone please guide me with the complete information on the same soon?

Thank you!

Related Questions:
  1. Eligibility criteria for Job as Lecturer in Government Polytechnic college? Procedure to apply?
  2. Eligibility criteria for Job as Lecturer in Government Polytechnic college and Procedure to apply?
  3. Procedure to apply for Lecturer job in private polytechnic college? In which entrance exam I have to appear?
  4. How to become a college lecturer? What is the procedure followed for it? -- [New]
  5. Procedure to apply for lecturer in government college after completing B.Tech in CSE?
  6. What is the procedure to apply for lecturer post in Polytechnic college?
  7. Eligibility for post of Lecturer in government polytechnic college? Procedure to apply?
  8. Eligibility criteria for Job as Lecturer in Government Polytechnic college? Procedure to apply for Lecturer vacancies in Government Polytechnic Colleges? -- [Most Discussed]
  9. How to do Ph.D in Chemistry being a College lecturer?
  10. Procedure to become a Commerce lecturer in government college?
  11. Procedure to be followed to get Lecturer job in government polytechnic college?
  12. Procedure to join as Lecturer in Government College after completion of M.Tech course?
  13. A CA can be a Lecturer of Accounts in any College? Qualification required for it?
  14. Can I be a lecturer in a government college if I score around 60% marks in NET exam? Procedure to join Government College?
  15. Am I eligible for lecturer in any engineering college after completing MCA
  16. Procedure to become a Lecturer in Government polytechnic?
  17. Whether MCA graduate is eligible to become an Assistant professor in B.Sc(Computer Science) colleges?
  18. Is it possible to become a Lecturer at College after 12th?
29th February 2016, 01:54 PM
sunilpati
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: How to become a college lecturer? What is the procedure followed for it?

AS you are graduate now you can apply for college lecturer post , But for doing lecture ship you have to appear NET (National Eligibility Test) which is being done to select lecturer in government college.
NET exam is eligibility is after P.G you can appear for this exam or P.G final year students can appear for this exam.

AS you have completed your CA Article Ship you can continue your study & complete you CA degree which is the best line in Commerce field . Rather you can do Job in any company or you can do Firm by your own.
29th February 2016, 04:24 PM
Blessmegod
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: How to become a college lecturer? What is the procedure followed for it?

If you want to become lecturer, you must complete your master's degree then apply for University Grants Commission National Eligibility Test.

*Only those candidates who do master's degree from a recognized university are eligible for NET exam. You will have to score minimum of 55% marks in master's degree to be eligible for NET exam.

*There is no upper age limit for lectureship. You can apply for this exam after Master's degree in commerce or any other stream depending upon your choice.
29th February 2016, 05:03 PM
TLSAAAA
Senior Member+++++

To become college lecturer you have to appear and qualify in NET examination. NET examination is conducted by UGC twice every year.

The eligibility to appear for examination is candidate must have passed master's degree from any recognised university. The age limit to appear for examination is 19-28 years and minimum required aggregate is 55%.

So, you are not eligible to appear for examination. For more information about examination visit at www.ugc.ac.in.
29th February 2016, 05:58 PM
avinash1997
Senior Member+++++

Lectureship is given to candidates who qualify National Eligibility conducted by University Grants Commission in June and December of every year. For this examination, the academic qualification is master's degree from a recognized university. You will have to score at least 55% marks in master then only you can appear in this exam. Other than Lectureship, Junior Research Fellowship is also included in NET exam.

As per rules and regulations of UGC, there is no upper age limit for Lectureship and for JRF it is 28 years. If you have any more query then you can also visit www.ugc.ac.in.
29th February 2016, 09:47 PM
queen199
Senior Member+++++

As, CA degree is not equivalent to master degree, you are not eligible to appear for NET entrance examination.

NET examination is conducted for recruitment of candidates in lecturer. The eligibility to appear for examination is :-

Candidate must have passed master's degree from any recognised university.

Candidate must have minimum 55% aggregate in master degree.

There is no age limit to appear for examination. The examination is conducted twice every year.

So, you need to pursue master degree and after that have to qualify in entrance examination for final recruitment. To have more information about NET examination visit at www.ugc.ac.in.
29th February 2016, 11:05 PM
kachhadiyaramesh

If you want to become a lecturer , then you will require to qualify the NET exam which is conducted by UGC.

NET Eligibility
You must have passed master's course from recognized university.

Preparation Tips
- While preparation, read the topics as you are reading story as this makes your memory strong and enables you to learn the chapters easily.
- Try to make notes in the form of bullets as this will enable you to revise the topics in lesser time.
- Every topic is important so, don’t try to skip any chapter.
- Give more time to theorectical papers than practical papers since this is because practicing the practical papers will be easier than theoretical papers.
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?