7th June 2012, 07:20 PM
Unregistered

How to become an IAS and IPS officer?

how to become a IAS and IPS officer....please tell me how to becoeme one

9th June 2012, 10:56 PM
SANDEEP891985
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: How to become an IAS and IPS officer?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
For Indian Administrative Service as well as for Indian Police Service, Union Public Service Commission conducts a common examination known as Civil Service Examination.
To be eligible for the Civil Service Examination, one needs to hold a bachelors degree awarded by a recognized university.

A graduate in any discipline, regardless of the marks obtained in the qualifying examination, may write Civil Service Examination provided he/she is within the age limit of 21-30 years.
The maximum age limit is, however, relaxed upto 3 years for candidates belonging to OBC category and 5 years for candidates belonging to SC/ST category.
As far as the format of the examination is concerned, it comprise of the following stages:

Preliminary Examination
Main Examination
Interview

Qualifying each stage is mandatory to move on to the next level and after successful completion of all the stages, candidates are selected for the aforementioned services.

The Civil Service Examination is conducted once a year and in order to keep yourself updated regarding the upcoming examination, refer to the official website of Union Public Service Commission.
10th June 2012, 04:47 PM
jxsab
Senior Member+++++

Quote:
Hey friend,

IAS and IPS are the exams which is conducted by UPSC and they are held every year for the posts.

These exams are known as Indian Civil Service exam and they are being conducted by UPSC.

There are criteria's which are framed for the exams and as far regarding the IAS and IPS exams eligibility they are same as regarding the nationality,age and education qualification and they are:

Candidate need to be a citizen of India

The age limit for the exam concerning about IAS and IPS it is that the candidate must have 21-30 years.For category such as SC/ST it is 21-35 years and for OBC candidates it is 21-33 years.If the candidate is a Ex-service men the age limit is 5 years exception from the prescribed limits.

Education qualification needed for applying for these exams is that the candidate must have completed a degree in any discipline from a recognized university.

Apart from IAS exam the candidate need to be physically fit while appearing for the IPS Exam as it is important and it is that:

You can get more information regarding the exam at the official site of UPSc athttp://www.upsc.gov.in
10th June 2012, 05:12 PM
akkikaware

Hello friend,
Entrance exams like IAS exam and IPS exam both the exams which is conducted by the UPSC.
these entrance exam are held the every year for the
posts.
These entrance exams are also called as the "Indian Civil Service
EXAM"
and these exam being the conducted by the UPSC. ..

thank you .
10th June 2012, 05:31 PM
leelamanikanta

Smile Re: How to become an IAS and IPS officer?

Quote:
To become an IAS or IPS officer first you must comlete your bachelor degree and then write group one exam .If you qualify in that you may become an IAS or IAS officer.
10th June 2012, 06:02 PM
dhirajen18
Senior Member+++++

UNION PUBLIC SERVICE COMMISSION conducts CIVIL SERVICE EXAM and to become an IAS/IPS officer one has to appear and crack Civil Service exam which is conducted once every year.

In order to be eligible for Civil Service Exam one must be an Indian National having either appear for the final Graduation Degree exam or pass in any stream from a recognised University. The candidate should be within the age of 21 to 30 years of age with upper age relaxation for reserved candidate.

Apart from this the candidate applying for IPS should possess minimum physical requirements as prescribed.

In the first phase of selection there is a Preliminary written exam of all objective type questions called CSAT(Civil Service Aptitude Test)

The candidate selected from the First phase CSAT exam has been called for second phase of selection called Civil Service Main exam comprises of all subjective type questions from the prescribed syllabus.

The candidate selected from the written Main exam has ben called for the final selection of Personal Interview after which one can become an IAS/IPS officer.

For further information you may log on to http://www.upsc.gov.in
10th June 2012, 06:33 PM
babusingh rajpurohit
Member+

For Indian Administrative Service as well as for Indian Police Service, Union Public Service Commission conducts a common examination known as Civil Service Examination.
To be eligible for the Civil Service Examination, one needs to hold a bachelors degree awarded by a recognized university.

A graduate in any discipline, regardless of the marks obtained in the qualifying examination, may write Civil Service Examination provided he/she is within the age limit of 21-30 years.
The maximum age limit is, however, relaxed upto 3 years for candidates belonging to OBC category and 5 years for candidates belonging to SC/ST category.
As far as the format of the examination is concerned, it comprise of the following stages:

Preliminary Examination
Main Examination
Interview

Qualifying each stage is mandatory to move on to the next level and after successful completion of all the stages, candidates are selected for the aforementioned services.

The Civil Service Examination is conducted once a year and in order to keep yourself updated regarding the upcoming examination, refer to the official website of Union Public Service Commission.
10th June 2012, 07:22 PM
kinnarnara

hi,
IAS stands for indian administrive service.
IAS exam is conducted by union public service commision.

you become an IAS officer, you become part of the Indian Administrative Service. You will be part of the Govt. You can work from “the inside” and change “the system”!!
If you have a dream for India, or if you, like us, believe that India will soon be a “super-power”. If you want to be part of the process of making India a great nation, IAS is for you! Being an IAS officer, there is a lot more power and control you have so that you can be part of Emerging India.
IPS stands for indian police service.
ips exam is also conducted by upsc.

Eligibility:
Nationality: For IAS and IPS, only Indian nationals are eligible. For other services, subjects of Nepal, Bhutan, Tibetan refugees, (who arrived in India before January 1, 1962), and persons of Indian origin, who migrated from specified countries, are eligible.
Age limit: Between 21-30 years as on August 1 of the year of exam. Relaxation of age limit is available to SC candidates and a few other specified categories
Education: A degree from a recognized University

Prelims: You have to clear the prelims to qualify for the mains. You got to write two papers in prelims: General Studies, and a subject chosen by the candidate from a specified list of 23 subjects. Both papers are in objective type and are of two-hours duration each. Optional subjects include Civil Engineering, Commerce, Geography, Medical Science, and Indian History.

Mains: Marks in the written exams and the interview will determine your ranking. Based on your ranking and preference, you will be allotted one of the Services.

Mains comprise nine papers in all.
I. English (300 points)
II.Any one of the languages included in the Eighth Schedule of the Indian Constitution. (300 points)
III.Essay (200 points)
IV & V. General Studies (300 points for each)
VI-IX. Two papers each from the two optional subjects chosen by the candidate each paper 300 points.

The interview carries 300 points.
for more ihttp://upsc.gov.innformation,
11th June 2012, 11:43 PM
ranjith1438
Senior Member+++++

Hai,

To become an IAS or IPS officer you must have to apply an entrance examination which is conducted by the UPSC(Union Public Service Commission).

This exam is conducted only once in a year.

Eligibility criteria and other details:-

To apply this exam you must have a bachelor's degree in any stream from a recognised university and also there is no percentage requirements to apply this exam. So friend at any percentage in your bachelor's degree you can apply this exam.
The candidate should be a citizen of india.
A candidate who is persuing his/her final year bachelor's degree is also eligible.

Age criteria:-
There is a particular age limits and also age relaxations as per govt rules.

For General candidates:- 21 years to 30years,

For OBC candidates:- 21 years to 33 years,

For SC/ST candidates:- 21 years to 35 years.

No.of attempts:-

Here in this there is a particular limit for attempting the exam as per category wise.

General category:- 4 times,

OBC category:- 7 times,

SC/ST category:- no limit.

Selection process is three stages.

1.Civil services preliminary exam,

2. Civil services mains exam,

3. Personal interview.

For more details CLICK HERE

All the best.
18th August 2012, 12:16 AM
Unregistered

I am studying in Final year in B.Tech. When should I start preparing for IAS exam?
6th September 2012, 02:34 AM
div29

Dear friend,

To become an IAS,IPS officer you have to write the civil services exam conducted by the upsc once a year.

you have to mandatorily fill the form online from the website
www.upsconline.nic.in

no other mode of submition is accepted by the upsc.

you can start filling your form after the notification is out in the employment newspaper.

The preliminary exam will be held in the month of may and the mains exam will be held in the month of oct/nov followed by the interview in the month of mar/apr.

so the exam process takes neraly 1 year as a whole.

The following are the eligibility criteria:
general category:21 to 30 years
obc:21 to 33 years
sc/st:21 to 35 years.

the candidate must hold a degree of any of universities incorporated by an act of the central or state legislatures of india or declared to be deemed as university under section 3 of the UGC act 1956.

general categort:4 attempts
obc: 7 attempts
sc/st: unlimited attempts.

I have attached the prelims syllabus with this post.

If you get failed in any stage you have to write the exam from the beginning.

all the best
Attached Files
File Type: pdf csp2011-syll.pdf(13.1 KB, 91 views)
29th September 2012, 08:00 PM
Unregistered

wat to do after 12 and i have commerce
6th October 2012, 10:28 PM
Unregistered

Hi.. i am dia nd i m student of b.com IIIyear from Delhi University nd also waiting for result. can i apply for IPS officer nd How can i nd plz tell me process fOR this

Thank you
17th January 2013, 09:58 AM
Unregistered

I am in b.tech 3rd year when and how should i start preparing for IAS?
11th May 2013, 01:11 PM
Unregistered

hello sir,mai naresh kumar mahto general subject lekar B.A kar raha hon. mai avi B.A first year me hon mera dob 03-071991 hai aur mai an ias bana chahta hon tu kya mai general subject se B.A karke an ias kar sakta hon ple advise me and clear me
mob no. 9608242245
16th January 2014, 07:30 PM
Unregistered

.Hi i am lyear student for open learning school.Can i aplly to ips offcar?
25th July 2014, 03:38 PM
Unregistered

i don't have have any relative quitions pattern but i really want to get it so can u plz help me this request..?
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?