30th March 2013, 08:41 PM
Unregistered

How to become an IAS officer? I am a 1st year student

i want to become an ias officer. Now am a 1st student. What i will do to become an ias officer

31st March 2013, 08:36 PM
sumansin
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: How to become an IAS officer? I am a 1st year student

Friend, As you mention that you are in 1st year right now so you are not eligible for IAS exam in this time.

To become an IAS you will have to complete graduate degree from recognise university. After completing graduate degree you can appear in IAS exam.

This exam is very tuff so you need to do prepration by now onwards.

IAS stands for Indian Administrative Service

Union Public Service Commision(UPSC)conduct the civil service exam for IAS every year.

Eligiblity for IAS---

Candidate should be an Indian Citizen. Candidate should have Graduate degree in any discipline from a recognized University. If candidate are in the final year of graduation then he can also write the IAS exam.

Age should between 21 to 30 years for general category. Relaxation for OBC 3 year, SC/ST/Ex-Servicemans 5 years , PD 10 year in upper age.

Attempts-- General category candidate have 4 attempts. OBC 7 attempts.
SC/ST category candidates have no limit.

IAS exam divide in three Part--

Prilims exam
Mains exam
Interview
29th July 2013, 12:02 AM
imira
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: How to become an IAS officer? I am a 1st year student

You can apply for IAS after completing graduation. Selection process is done through prelims, mains, and interview. UPSC conducts civil services exam once in every year. Candidates within the age group of 21-30 years can apply. General category candidates can apply for the test at most 4 times. Maximum number of attempts allowed for OBC candidates is 7.
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?