6th July 2012, 04:08 PM
Unregistered

How to become an IAS officer? I am a student of B.Tech 1st year with CS branch

Sir i want to become a ias officer i am student b.tech 1st year with cs branch give me some guideline to appear this exam

6th July 2012, 05:25 PM
EALPExpert

Default Re: How to become an IAS officer? I am a student of B.Tech 1st year with CS branch

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
Sir i want to become a ias officer i am student b.tech 1st year with cs branch give me some guideline to appear this exam
Become A IAS Officer :

If you interested become a IAS officer, then you don't worry i am providing the information regarding the become a IAS officer. And mainly the IAS stands for indian administration service and this is conducted by the union public service commission under the civil services exams every year once.

For become a IAS officer, required educational qualifications are you must completed the any graduation from recognized university and here not required any percentage and also required age limit should be between 21-30 years for general candidates and 21-33 years for OBC candidate and 21-35 years for SC/ST candidates.

So according to your mention information, now you are studying the 1st year of b.tech computer science student, then you can apply 4th year or after completing the graduation and here you must be remember that for IAS exam you can apply only 4 times and 7 times if you are OBC and No Limit for SC/ST candidates as per govt rules.

The selection procedure is based on the preliminary exam and main exam and interview, apart from first conducted the preliminary exam and after qualifying this exam called for main exam and after that interview. For preliminary exam containing the 2 papers such as optional and general studies paper and main exam containing the 9 papers such as general studies papers 3 and remaining papers are optional papers.

For more information click link:www.upsc.gov.in/

~~ Regards
EALPExpert
6th July 2012, 05:26 PM
sherleytwain
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: How to become an IAS officer? I am a student of B.Tech 1st year with CS branch

If you are interested in becoming Indian Administrative Services (IAS) officer you need to appear in the Civil Service Examination which is conducted every year by the UPSC. Candidates who successfully pass the UPSC Civil Service Exam are selcted to IAS or IPS officer.

To appear in the UPSC Civil Service Examination you must meet some criteria

1. You must have at least bachelor's degree in any course from a recognized university of India.

If you are in final year of a degree course at the time of exam, you are too eligible to take part in the Preliminary exam.

2. You must be Indian Citizen

3. Your age should be between 21 to 30 if you belong to General category.

OBC candidates get 3 years relaxation in upper age limit.

The upper age limit relaxation for SC and ST candidates is 5 years.

General category students get 4 attempts to pass the exam.

OBC students get 7 while there is no limit for the SC and ST students.

The exam is mainly conducted in two stages. The Preliminary Examination takes place in May or June while Main Exam takes place in October. The notification of the IAS exam are published in the month of December in leading newspapers of India like Hindustan Times and Times of India, Rozgar Samachar, Gazette of India etc.

The Preliminary Exam consists of 2 papers

1. General Studies (150 marks)

2. Some optional subject (300 marks)

This exam only shortlist the candidates for the Main Exam and the marks of this exam are not added in your final tally. After the Preliminary exam you will have to wait for the results that are usually announced in August.

If you passed the Preliminary exam, you would be able to appear in Final Exam which includes 9 papers:

1 Essay type Indian Language Qualifying Paper (300 marks)
1 English Qualifying Paper (300 marks)
1 General Essay type paper (200 marks)
2 General Studies papers (300 marks each)
4 Optional subjects papers (300 marks each)
6th July 2012, 06:00 PM
josh98
Senior Member+++++

Hi,

you are join to interested in indian adminstrative service. First you will qualify for the civil service examination. The civil service examination conducted by the IPS and IAS exams.

The IAS exam conducted by the UPSC once in a year.

To qualify the indian adminstrative service the below qualification need this exam.

You should complete the graduation with any stream from any recognized university. You could be no minimum percentage required to eligible for this exam.

The final year result waiting candidates are also eligible for this exam.

The age limit of the candidate is minimum age is 21 years and maximum age is below 30 years. The upper age relaxation is applicable for the candidates.

The obc candidates 3 years age relaxation applicable and 5 years age relaxation for the sc/st candidates.

Both male and female candidates are applicable for this exam. But the applicant should be citizen of india.

The candidate no. Of attempts should be general category 4 attempts and obc candidates there is 7 attempts required and the sc/st candidates no limit of attempts required to this exam.

The candidate should be physically fit for this exam.

The selection process of the civil service exam in three following ways

Preliminary exam

main exam

Personal Interview

the first step of the selection process is preliminary exam in this preliminary exam you can qualify then you can go for the second step of the selection process main exam. in this main exam you can qualify then you can go for the final step of the selection process personal interview.
You can qualify the personal interview you can get the job of IAS officer.

For more details visit the website

www.upsc.gov.in

all the best.
6th July 2012, 06:32 PM
dhirajen18
Senior Member+++++

IAS - INDIAN ADMINISTRATIVE OFFICER, to become an IAS officer one has to apply appear and crack Civil Service Exam conducted by UPSC once every year.

Graduation in any stream of education from a recognised University is eligible to apply for Civil Service exam provided he must be an Indian National within the age of 21 to 30 years. There is upper age relaxation for SC/ST candidate up to 5 years and for OBC up to 3 years. The candidate appearing the final Graduation Degree exam also eligible for Civil Service Exam.

Being a student of 1st year B.Tech., you are now not eligible for Civil Service exam so you will be eligible for this exam in the final year of your B.Tech. exam.

As a General category candidate one is allowed 4 attempts to Civil Service Exam in his career while it is 7 attempts for OBC and there is no limit for SC/ST candidate.

The selection of candidate is through two stages of written exam:-

-PRELIMINARY EXAM which is called as CSAT - CIVIL SERVICE APTITUDE TEST comprises of objective type questions.

-CIVIL SERVICE MAIN EXAM comprises of subjective type questions.

All eligible candidate applying for Civil Service exam are called for CSAT exam and successful candidate out of this are called for the 2nd stage exam of Civil Service Main written exam.

The final selection will be made through personal Interview from the selected candidate from Civil Service Main Exam.

For more information you may log on to http://www.upsc.gov.in
6th July 2012, 06:37 PM
Shaenma
Senior Member+++++

IAS Exam Eligibility Criteria:

=>It does not really matters which stream you belong to as they just look for graduates in any discipline from a recognized university.

=>Your age should be between 21-30 years.

=>At the most you can attempt for four times.

Selection Procedure:
>>Preliminary Exam
>>Main Exam
>>Personal Interview

IAS Exam Pattern:

Official Website: http://www.upsc.gov.in
6th July 2012, 11:42 PM
Ravikanth2027
Senior Member+++++

IAS Stands Indian Administrative Services
if you have any interest to join in IAS first ofall complete Graduation

Civil Services examination conducted by UPSC for recruitment to various all India Services including IAS , IPS , IFS , IRS

Civil Services Exam consists of three stages

Civil service preliminary Exam
civil service main exam
Interview

Qualification :

Degree of any recognized university

Age limit :

Min of age : 21 years & Max of 30 years for General
33 years for OBC & 35 years for SC/ST

Number of Attempts :

General : 4
OBC : 7
SC/ST : no limit
10th March 2013, 08:52 AM
Unregistered

i am student of b.tech 1st year of it branch want to become an ias officer ple give me some suggection
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?