16th June 2012, 06:15 PM
Unregistered

How to become an IPS officer? Criteria for this examination?

hello sir ,I am a student of btech. final year with computer science and engineering.sir i want to become an IPS officer so please help me that how i can achive my goal .i know this is a tough competition but i m ready to achive it.Also tell me the criteria of this examination so that i can easily select my subjects.

Thank you sir,
RAVI PRAKASH SHUKLA
B.TECH FINAL YEAR ,LKO

22nd June 2012, 02:43 AM
SANDEEP891985
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: How to become an IPS officer? Criteria for this examination?

To become an Officer in the Indian Police Services, you must fulfill the following eligibility criteria:
  • Must posses a bachelor degree awarded by a recognized university.
  • Must not be less than 21 years.
  • Must not be over 30 years. The maximum age limit is 33 years for OBC category candidates and 35 years for SC/ST category candidates.
  • Must have qualified all the three stages of Civil Service Examination.
The Civil Service Examination is conducted by Union Public Service Commission and the three stages of this examination are as follows:

Preliminary Exam
Main Exam
Interview

The Preliminary Examination and the Main Examination are written tests and qualifying Preliminary Exam is mandatory to be considered eligible for the Main Exam. Once you qualify all the stages, you will be considered for the position of Assistant Commissioner of Police.

For further information about the examination, refer to the official website of Union Public Service Commission.
24th September 2012, 01:54 PM
gamble007
Senior Member++

Dear!!!
Friend!!!!
Its sound good that, you want to serve the nation, I appreciate it.As you are final year student of B.tech in computer branch , so you are not eligible yet for this civil service examination.

The minimum educational requirement for appear in this examination is a graduation degree in any stream, but from recognized college.
In order to become a IAS\IPS officer, You must have to clear the CSAT examination, which is conducted by the UNION PUBLIC SERVICE COMMISSION (UPSC)
This civil service examination has three stages to be clear....
1. CSAT
2. MAINS
3. INTERVIEW.

CSAT exam pattern-

MAINS EXAM PATTERN-

MAINS OPTIONAL SUBJECTS-

Age limit-

21-30 years for the GENERAL candidates,..
21-33 years for the OBC Candidates..
21-35 years for The SC\ST candidates..

You must have Indian nationality.

Physical requirement-

Pay grade-

No. of attempts-

4 for the general candidates
7 for the OBC candidates
no such restriction for the SC\ST candidates..

NOTIFICATION OF UPSC EXAMS--

THANK YOU!!!
~GAMBLE~
1st November 2013, 08:00 PM
Unregistered

which subject is important for ips
3rd February 2014, 02:43 PM
Unregistered

DEAR SIR
Myself Asmita singh i m a computer science and engineering student of final year. my goal is to break I.S sir i jst want to know the criteria because i dn't have any information so please advise me What to do after B-tech.
or
my last option is to choose D.S.P so please advise me criteria how to achieve too. And criteria after B-tech
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?