26th March 2012, 10:25 PM
Unregistered

How to become an IPS officer after passing 12th examination?

sir, i am sivaranjani my aim is become ips in india but i dont no which degree to get ips post now only i finished my +2 examination.

my id: [email protected]

27th March 2012, 01:12 AM
4G Solutions
Senior Member+

Post Re: How to become an IPS officer after passing 12th examination?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
sir, i am sivaranjani my aim is become ips in india but i dont no which degree to get ips post now only i finished my +2 examination.

Dear Aspirant

After passing 12th standard if you have interest to become IPS officer in future then you need to complete Graduation degree course in any stream.

IPS: Indian Police Service

After completing Graduation degree course, you need to appear in Civil Service Examination conducted by UPSC for recruitment to various civil services of the Government of India like IPS/IAS/IFS etc..

BASIC ELIGIBILITY for UPSC Civil Service Exam:

Must have graduation degree in any discipline.

Must be an Indian Citizen.

Both Male & Female are eligible to apply for this Exam.

Must have Age between 21 to 33 years for General category, 21 to 35 for OBC & 21 to 35 for SC/ST.

PHYSICAL STANDARD Necessary for IPS:

UPSC CIVIL SERVICE EXAM is divided into two Stages:-

-Prelim(CSAT, Civil Service Aptitude Test)

-Main Exam(Written Exam)

Pattern of UPSC CSAT:

>>If you want to get any other detail regardin UPSC IPS Exam visit Official website:

http://upsc.gov.in
27th March 2012, 02:29 AM
sachin170490

Default Re: How to become an IPS officer after passing 12th examination?

only a 12th passed student can not become a IPS officer. For apply IPS exam, firstly you have to complete you graduation with any stream because the eligibility for IPS / IAS in qualification is minimum graduation in any stream.
IPS stands for Indian Police Service. IPS is conducted with UPSC. To become a IPS OFFICER, after graduation you have to clear UPSC exams for IPS.
So now complete your graduation and prepare for upsc exam. Remember age limit is maximum 33.
For more detail you can visit upsc official website. Follow this link.
http://www.upsc.gov.in/
Best of luck.
27th March 2012, 08:24 AM
dheeraj111_2009

You must have your graduation completed before you can appear for this highly coveted prestigious examination which is conducted by union public service commission(UPSC). I must suggest you that you should prepare for this examination right from now so that by the time you complete your graduation you have enough understanding of this examination and you can appear for it as early as possible.Thank you.
27th March 2012, 08:31 AM
sunilpati
Senior Member+++++

Hi dear.............

The details information of IPS exam are as follows.............

For more details visit official website of UPSC.
http://www.upsc.gov.in

Good luck...........
27th March 2012, 02:53 PM
biswarup.jackon14

Wink Re: How to become an IPS officer after passing 12th examination?

Hello friend, sorry although you are not eligible now but you can join the IPS services by clearing the civil services exam conducted by UPSC the eligibility is as follow
you must be a graduate
you must be a indian citizen
you must be of age 21-30 (age relaxation for sc/st)
there are three levels of examination
1-preliminary
2-main
3-interview
after passing all the three stage you can get entry into IPS

Alll the best…..
27th March 2012, 06:21 PM
Denny_Crane

If You are Interested to become IPS Officer, Then for this you have to appear for Civil Services examination, The examination was held 2 times in a year and the examination held in 2 stages, Firstly Preliminary Examination and another Main Examination. But to apply for a Civil services examination, you need to complete your graduation degree from a recognized university, Final Year appearing candidates may also eligible to apply for Civil services examination to become a IPS Officer. The notification of this examination was published in the month of February every year in the official websites or in the employment newspaper. Firstly you have to crack the UPSC Preliminary examination and then you are eligible for Main examination, But to apply for this exams, your age should between 21 to 30 years. The Upper age relaxation is applicable for SC, ST and for OBC Candidates. And for more details please visit the UPSC website.
3rd April 2012, 07:25 PM
Unregistered

sir
i m shivani in 12th std this year. i have took science field . i wanted to become an ips officer , so what should i do after 12th cbse examination is over next year to become ips officer .
my id- [email protected]
3rd April 2012, 11:12 PM
dhirajen18
Senior Member+++++

After 12th it is not possible to join IPS as the minimum educational qualification for IPS is Graduation but you can start preparation after 12th for IPS.

IPS-INDIAN POLICE SERVICE, to become an IPS officer, you have to appear for the Civil Service exam conducted by UPSC once every year.

The eligible candidate must be an Indian National having either appear for the final Graduation Degree exam or pass in stream of education from a recognised University within the age of 21 to 30 years which the upper age relaxed for the SC/St candidate up to 5 years and for OBC up to 3 years.

The selection is through three phases:-

CSAT-Civil Service Aptitude Test-Preliminary Exam

Civil Service Main Exam

Personal Interview

There is certain prescribed physical standard for those applying for IPS.

Hence if you are interested for IPS the it is good to start preparation too early as this exam is very tough and competitive. You should at least give 2 to 3 hours after 12th along with your regular studies of Graduation degree.

For more information you may log on to http://www.upsc.gov.in
21st April 2012, 09:17 PM
Unregistered

How our personality should be (height,weight.etc)??
27th April 2012, 08:56 PM
Unregistered

i am a student of 12thcommerce with hindi & i want to become ips in future so pls guide me.
28th April 2012, 02:56 PM

Exclamation Re: How to become an IPS officer after passing 12th examination?

[QUOTE=sachin170490;1954502]only a 12th passed student can not become a IPS officer. For apply IPS exam, firstly you have to complete you graduation with any stream because the eligibility for IPS / IAS in qualification is minimum graduation in any stream.
IPS stands for Indian Police Service. IPS is conducted with UPSC. To become a IPS OFFICER, after graduation you have to clear UPSC exams for IPS.
So now complete your graduation and prepare for upsc exam. Remember age limit is maximum 33.
9th May 2012, 10:03 PM
Unregistered

how to become an ips officer after taking an engineering degree
19th May 2012, 07:48 PM
Unregistered

i hav to become an ips officer but how should i get it if i was studieng law
30th May 2012, 06:53 PM
Unregistered

I am puja kumari and i am in 11 class can i prepare for ips officer at home?
30th May 2012, 07:00 PM
Unregistered

i sm puja kumari , and i am in 11 class i want to become a ips officer can i prepare for exam at home?
13th June 2012, 09:19 AM
Unregistered

is it important that student have speaking knowledge of english?
25th June 2012, 01:18 PM
Unregistered

I am Rohit Kumar.I read in 11 class..mai ek ips officer bnna chahta hu...but mujhe uske bare me kuch nahi pta ki mai ips bnne ke leye kya kru..so plz help my frends ...my phone number 9780329456.agar kese ko bhi pta ho ki ips kaise bnna chahiye to plz vo mujhe is number per miss call he mar de.......plz frends...me wait for ur miss call........
30th June 2012, 06:05 PM
Unregistered

Hi iam shailesh i completed 12th and now im studying fire and safety engineering but im interested to be an ips officer is it possible to be..
5th July 2012, 09:22 PM
Unregistered

hello sir ,
i m sourabh singh
hi i have completed my 12th class in a 2011 and pursing b.com first year finally what will i do ips .because i loved this service so how can do this plz help me and send the all program and features finally kese karu ....
my contact no . 9716328328 plz send the all information plz plz plz plz
20th July 2012, 01:28 AM
Unregistered

hi im mahesh dhola mera 12th commerce complet ho gya he or meri ips bn ne ki khwahish he sirf a6che kam krne k liye . so plz uski details muje bataye ya mere mo. pr msg kr dijiye mera mo no. 8905275585 so plz information send my mobile. shayd apka 1 sms is desh ka naksh na badal de. so plz apka abhar
24th August 2012, 11:48 AM
Unregistered

NOW I AM IN B.Sc BHOJ OPEN UNIVERSITY .CAN I SIT IN THE EXAMS IN IPS.IN
25th August 2012, 12:25 PM
Unregistered

[QUOTE=Unregistered;1953716]sir, i am sivaranjani my aim is become ips in india but i dont no which degree to get ips post now only i finished my +2 examination.

26th August 2012, 09:39 PM
Unregistered

sir/mam i have passed 2 and have joined college for b.tech. i want to prepare for ips from now onwards please tell me from where and how to start
2nd October 2012, 06:33 PM
Unregistered

Sir, now i am doing CA(chartered accountancy) course. how i can approch to the IPS?
27th October 2012, 10:36 AM
Unregistered

Hi iam gowtham i am studing 11th.my aim is to become am ips officer what can i do for getting it.what books have to read for writing exam
27th October 2012, 07:02 PM
mahhiads

Hello Friend,

After The Graduation You Can Apply For The IPS Exam.

Education Qualification :

Graduation In Any Discipline From Recognized University

Age Limit :

General : 21 to 30 Years
OBC : 21 to 33 Years
SC/ST : 21 to 35 Years

Selection Process:

1. Preliminary Exam
2. Mains Exam
3. Interview

Physical Qualification :

Height:

Male Candidate : 165cm (In Case Of SC/ST/OBC : 160cm)

Female Candidate : 150cm (In Case Of SC/ST/OBC : 145cm)

Chest:

Male Candidate : 84cm

Female Candidate : 79cm

Note : They Should Be Able To Expand The Chest For 5cm For Male And Female Both

Eye Sight:

6/12 Or 6/9 Distant Vision For Worse Eye And 6/6 Or 6/9 Distant Vision For Good Eye. Near Vision For Worse Eye Is J2 And For Good Eye Is J1.

All The Best!!!!!!!
31st October 2012, 07:46 PM
swas08

hi dear,
After 12th it is not possible to join IPS as the minimum educational qualification for IPS is Graduation but you can start preparation after 12th for IPS.

IPS-INDIAN POLICE SERVICE, to become an IPS officer, you have to appear for the Civil Service exam conducted by UPSC once every year.

The eligible candidate must be an Indian National having either appear for the final Graduation Degree exam or pass in stream of education from a recognised University within the age of 21 to 30 years which the upper age relaxed for the SC/St candidate up to 5 years and for OBC up to 3 years.

Civil Service Main Exam

Personal Interview

Hence if you are interested for IPS the it is good to start preparation too early as this exam is very tough and competitive. You should at least give 2 to 3 hours after 12th along with your regular studies of Graduation degree.

For more information you may log on to http://www.upsc.gov.in

thanks
9th December 2012, 04:48 PM
Unregistered

heelo sir i am from kolkata and i have complite b.com 2 year but due to some reson i could not give my final year exam from last 2 year so if i complite my graduation and apply for ips then it will be possible pls rply sir
thank you
11th February 2013, 07:40 PM
Unregistered

Please tell me about physical test which we have to give to become an IPS officer.
15th February 2013, 05:35 PM
infoysis
Senior Member+++

Quote:

With 12th qualification your not eligible for IPS Entrance Examination .... 12th is not enough qualification to apply for this IPS Entrance Examination .. To appear in IPS Examination then you should Complete Bachelor degree Course from recognized University .

IPS stands for ( Indian Police Service ) . This Examination is Carried by Union Public Service Commission.

To apply for IPS Examination than you should satisfy the eligibility Criteria , Educational Qualification / Age Criteria / Physical Standard than Only your eligible to apply for IPS Examination .

Academic Qualification :- The Aspirant should be Complete Bachelor degree Course in any discipline from recognized University . Final year aspirant may also eligible to apply for IPS Examination .

There is No Minimum Percentage of marks required for IPS Examination .

Age Criteria :-

The Aspirant age should be not less than 21 years and Not More than 30 years and Relaxation will be given of the candidates like 5 Years for sc/st candidates and 3 years for OBC candidate .

Physical Standard :-

Number of Attempts :-

-For General candidates :- 4 Times
-For obc candidates :- 7 Times
-For SC/ST candidates :- No Limit

:::::::::: Suggestion :::::::::::

If your interested to Appear in IPS Examination than you may apply for Graduation from recognized University . After Completing your graduation your definitely eligible to apply for IPS Examination .
27th April 2013, 11:47 PM
Unregistered

sir, ips coures k civil service test k liye apply karne k liye form kab niklege or in papers k liye konsi books padni chahiye or kya sallabus hota hai pls reply me sir my no is 7837455207 is pe sms kardo pls
30th April 2013, 09:21 PM
kapila Chaudhary
Senior Member++++

After 12th you are not eligible for this exam .To apply for IPS exam minimum qualification required is Graduation from a recognized University.

IPS(Indian Police Service) exams are conducted by UPSC every year.

DETIALS OF UPSC IPS EXAM:

ELIGIBILITY CRITERIA:
Educational Qualifications for IPS :
Bachelor’s degree of a recognized university with at least one of the subjects namely Animal Husbandry & Veterinary Science, Botany, Chemistry, Geology, Mathematics, Physics, Statistics and Zoology or a Bachelor's degree in Agriculture, Forestry or in Engineering or an equivalent qualification.

Age limit: 21 years must be completed on 1st August of the year, which a candidate is appearing. Maximum 30 for general category, 33 for OBCs and 35 for SCs/STs.

Number of Attempts:
Four attempts for open, seven for OBCs and no limit for SCs/STs. If a person appears in the Preliminary Examination or even one paper is counted as an attempt.

Physical fitness criteria for IPS-
Height – Male 165 cm Pahari Male (general also) & ST (not the SC/ OBC) – 160 cm
Female 150 cm Pahari Female (general also) & ST (not SC/ OBC)- 145 cm
Chest – Male Minimum 84 cm. Expansion 5 cm.
Female Min 79 cm expansion 5 cm.
Eye sight – 6/6 or 6/9 distant vision for good eye. 6/12 or 6/9 for worst eye. Near vision J 1 for good eye. J2 for worst eye. High standard for the Colour-blind test. No inherent night blindness. Vision should stereoscopic.
Blood pressure (High) – Age 23 – 123, age 24 – 124, age 25 –122, age 28 – 124, age 30 –125, age 32 – 126, age 34 – 127.
Ladies should not be pregnant at the time of Medical Test.
Ear- good listening & normal ear cavity. 1000 to 4000 frequency hearing impairment shd not be more than 30 decibels.
Nasal- candidate should not stammer while speaking.

For complete details go to http://www.upsc.gov.in
18th August 2013, 10:47 AM
Unregistered

sir mera naam shubham soni hai, mai is saal 12 padh raha hu, mera dream h ips offficer ban na.sir my question is mai 12 pass karne ke ba mujhe kya kya karna padega.? please sir tell me
18th August 2013, 12:32 PM
sandeepsaini.saini522
Senior Member+++++

Hi,,

IPS stands for Indian Police Services.

For recruitment of IPS post UPSC Every year conducts the IPS examination .

IPS is also one of the civil services of India .

Eligibility for IPS Post:

To become an IPS officer the candidates must have to fulfill the requirement of IPS exam:

The candidates must be a graduate in any stream of a recognized university .

Or final year candidates of graduation are also eligible to apply for IPS Examination.

Age limit :

The candidates age must be in between 21 years to 30 years .

The exam is conducted in three steps:

Preliminary exam

Mains exam

and interview.

The candidates must be physically and mentally strong .

Thanks..............................
18th August 2013, 08:54 PM
maruthidevi

Civil Service Main Exam

Personal Interview

18th August 2013, 09:08 PM
4wc ee
Member+

Greetings Friend...

very twelfth enacted scholar student won't be able to turn into a IPS officer. To get make an application IPS assessment, to begin with you should carry out anyone graduation with the help of any watch as the qualifications with respect to IPS / IAS around course is normally lowest graduation in stream.
IPS would mean Native indian Police Service. IPS is normally conducted with the help of UPSC. As a IPS OFFICER, subsequently after graduation you should apparent UPSC exams with respect to IPS.
Which means currently carry out an individual's graduation and get ready for upsc exam. Recall grow old limitation is normally the highest level of 33
Thank you so much
18th August 2013, 09:19 PM
gkshivaraj0055
Member+

hi...........!

IPS:- INDIAN POLICE SERVICE.

After 12th standard it is not possible to IPS as the minimum education qualification for IPS is graduation but you can start prepare after 12th for IPS.
To become the IPS officer you have to appear for the Civil service exam conducted by the UPSC once in a year.

The eligible candidate must be an Indian an also appeared for the final graduation degree exam or pass in stream of the education for a recognized University within the age of 21 - 30 years.Which the upper age relaxed for the SC/ST candidate upto 5 years and for OBC upto 3 years.

* ELIGIBILITY*
# Age lmit for General : 21 - 30 years.
# Age for OBC candidates 21 - 33 years.
# Age limit for SC/ST 21 - 35 years.

* SELECTION PROCESS *
# Preliminary Exam.
# Mains Exam.
# Interview.

* PHYSICAL QUALIFICATIONS *
HEIGHT
# MALE candidates : 165cm (in case of SC/ST/OBC : 160CM).
# FEMAILS candidates : 150cm (in case of SC/ST/OBC :145CM).

CHEST
# MALE candidates : 84cm.
# FEMAL candidates : 79cm.

@ BEST OF LUCK @
18th August 2013, 10:05 PM
Shaenma
Senior Member+++++

Quote:

To give the IPS examination all you need is to get a graduate degree from a recognized university. The subject you choose at graduation level does not matters. The stream can be anyone of your choice but the degree has to be attained from a recognized university. That is the mandatory criteria which needs to be fulfilled here.

Full form of IPS is Indian Police Service. This examination is conducted by the Union Public Service Commission. This exam comprises of the following two stages:-
  1. Preliminary Examination
  2. Main Examination
The preliminary examination is like the qualifying exam which shortlists candidates for the Main Examination. The main exam consists of a written exam and an interview session. The final decision will be based on your performance in the main exam. The prelim marks is not added here.

As mentioned earlier for this exam it is important for you to possess a bachelor's degree in any discipline of your choice from a recognized university. This exam can also be given by candidates in the final year. Before the main exam though they have to show the maksheets to prove that they have passes successfully.

Age Criteria:- 21-30 years

There is upper age limit relaxation for the following candidates:-
  • SC/ST Candidates:- 35 years
  • OBC Candidates:- 33 years
  • Ex-servicemen:- 5 years exemption from the prescribed age limit.
Restrictions:- If you are already appointed to the Indian Administrative Service or the Indian Foreign Service on the results of an earlier examination and continues to be a member of that service then you are not eligible to give this examination.

IPS Exam Physical Standards:-
  • Height – Male 165 cm Pahari Male (general also) & ST (not the SC/ OBC) – 160 cm
  • Female 150 cm Pahari Female (general also) & ST (not SC/ OBC)- 145 cm
  • Chest – Male Minimum 84 cm. Expansion 5 cm. Female Min 79 cm expansion 5 cm.
  • Eye sight – 6/6 or 6/9 distant vision for good eye. 6/12 or 6/9 for worst eye.
  • Blood pressure (High) – Age 23 – 123, age 24 – 124, age 25 –122, age 28 – 124, age 30 –125, age 32 – 126, age 34 – 127.
Hope this helps :-> :->
19th August 2013, 06:18 PM
lvnareshsunrise
Senior Member+++++

I appreciate your interest of getting into IPS soon after completion of your 12th class.

IPS stands for Indian Police Service and it is one of the top civil service in India. Candidates will give second preference to join IPS after IAS.

But it is not so easy of being placed into IPS as the competition is too high for this exam. The selection procedure will include
Civil Services Aptitude Test
Civil Services Main Exam
Interview

Here is the eligibility criteria that is required for the candidates to apply for CSAT Exam.

Academic Qualification :
-One should have completed Graduation with any of the stream from a recognized university.
-Candidates who are pursuing final year of Graduation can also apply for this exam but they should be able to show the proof of passing in Graduation when they appear for Interview

Age criteria :
For General category : 21-30 years
For OBC category : 21-33 years
For SC or ST category : 21-35 years

Number of attempts :
For General category : Maximum of 4 times
For OBC category : Maximum of 7 times
For SC or ST category : No limit

As you have completed 12th class, I suggest you to join Graduation with the stream which you are interested.

Later on, in accordance with your Graduation stream, choose the best optional subject for civil services main exam.

Get the syllabus for Main Exam and start preparation and try to complete tye syllabus by the time you complete Graduation.

Wish you all the best.
14th February 2014, 11:40 AM
Unregistered

sir, i am varsha gangwal. from rajasthan i udaipur, mere bachpan ka yahi sapna raha hai ki main badi hokar ips banu to muje shuruaat kaha se karni hogi. mera greduation complite ho gaya hai . plz tell me my id ([email protected]) & mo. no.- 8769596273
14th February 2014, 02:51 PM
Unregistered

[QUOTE=Unregistered;1953716]sir, i am p.sahaya remi asha my aim is become ips in india but i dont no which degree to get ips post now only i finished my +2 examination.

10th July 2014, 04:56 PM
Unregistered

Dear Sir/ Madam,
I am Meenakshi and i am now B.com. 2nd year persuing from Delhi University.
I want become an IPS officer but i don't know what the process.
Please tell me what is the process of become an IPS officer & all the egibility.
And please also mention the which are subjects include under this post's exams.
Please send me the all information regrding IPS officer exams on my email id:- [email protected]

Thanks,
Warm Regards,
Meenakshi Choudhary
22nd October 2014, 12:21 PM
Unregistered

[QUOTE=mahhiads;2787381]Hello Friend,

After The Graduation You Can Apply For The IPS Exam.

Education Qualification :

Graduation In Any Discipline From Recognized University

Age Limit :

General : 21 to 30 Years
OBC : 21 to 33 Years
SC/ST : 21 to 35 Years

Selection Process:

1. Preliminary Exam
2. Mains Exam
3. Interview

Physical Qualification :

Height:

Male Candidate : 165cm (In Case Of SC/ST/OBC : 160cm)

Female Candidate : 150cm (In Case Of SC/ST/OBC : 145cm)

Chest:
Kya ham 12sci pass ke baad direct ips exam nhi de skte..
5th November 2014, 09:32 AM
Unregistered

Hy
My name is Ramesh kumar
And i want to be an I.P.S OFFICER but i dont know how to get i post of I.P.S so plz tell me a step by step
8th August 2015, 11:05 AM
Unregistered

How to become an IPS officer after passing 12th examination with pcm stream?
27th April 2016, 10:47 PM
Unregistered

Dear sir
I am student of the bsc Horticultere second year so I want to decome sevil line . so sir please give the advice me . and which book good for the preparation of the sevil services
2nd August 2016, 01:35 PM
Unregistered

Dear Sir/Madam
I am Abhishek Chaurasiya and i am doing B.SC Computer science from Mumbai.I know the process of ips but i want to know that what is the syllabus of it ,Please tell me if anyone know about it.
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?