21st August 2012, 03:04 PM
Unregistered

How can I become an IAS officer after completing 12th Arts with 54%

I am complete my 12th(arts) with 54%,now I am doing B.A(general) then how I become I.A.S officer after my graduation?

4th September 2012, 01:52 AM
4G Solutions
Senior Member+

Post Re: How can I become an IAS officer after completing 12th Arts with 54%

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
I am complete my 12th(arts) with 54%,now I am doing B.A(general) then how I become I.A.S officer after my graduation?
Dear Aspirant!

As you are doing BA course so definitely you will be eligible to apply for IAS after completing BA course.
IAS i.e. Indian Administrative Service
If you want to become an IAS officer the you have to apply for Indian Civil Service Examination.

This Civil Service Exam is carried out by UPSC(Union Public Service Commission) once in a year.

Basic eligibility criteria for Civil Service Exam:

>>You should have completed Graduation degree in any stream from recognized Institute.

>>You are also eligible to apply for IAS exam while studying in the final year of Graduation degree.

>>You age should be in between 21 to 30 years(for ST/SC candidate 21 to 35 years & for OBC 21 to 33 years).

>>You must have an citizenship of India. Both male/female are eligible to join IAS.

Civil Service Exam has divided into three stages namely as Preliminary Exam, Main Exam & interview.

-You will be eligible for Main exam only after passing preliminary examination.

Preliminary exam pattern is shown below:

Main Examination pattern is shown below:

For further detail regading IAS Exam an Update visit: http://upsc.gov.in
4th September 2012, 02:24 AM
surajm093

Default How can I become an IAS officer after completing 12th Arts with 54%

Basic eligibility criteria for Civil Service Exam:

>>You should have completed Graduation degree in any stream from recognized Institute.

>>You are also eligible to apply for IAS exam while studying in the final year of Graduation degree.

>>You age should be in between 21 to 30 years(for ST/SC candidate 21 to 35 years & for OBC 21 to 33 years).

>>You must have an citizenship of India. Both male/female are eligible to join IAS.

Civil Service Exam has divided into three stages namely as Preliminary Exam, Main Exam & interview.

-You will be eligible for Main exam only after passing preliminary examination.
4th September 2012, 11:35 AM
tash1907
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: How can I become an IAS officer after completing 12th Arts with 54%

Hi Friend........

I am sorry to say you that, there is no chances to do IAS with 12th standard

If you are interested in IAS Service, first you can crack the Civil Examination which is conducted by Union Public Service Commisson

The Minimum educational Qualification for Civil Examination is required any bachelor of Degree

Information about IAS : -

** IAS Stands for Indian Administrative Service

** Interested candidates first appear for Civil Examination which is conducted by UPSC

Eligibility Criteria for Civil Examination : -

** You must have a bachelor of degree in any stream from a recognized university

** You age should between 21 to years, age relaxation for SC/ST/OBC Candidates as per norms

** You should be a citizen of India

Selection Procedure : -

** Preliminary Exam

** Mains Exam

** Interview Test

Syllabus for Written Exam : -

26th September 2012, 11:08 PM
Unregistered

how many year did i need after completing class 12th to become IAS please help me .
3rd January 2013, 09:18 PM
fight1

IAS exam stands indian administrative service which is conducted by upsc.

To be eligible to write IAS exam you need to complete your graduation with minimium 60%. But as you are in 12th now start preparing as it requires lot of skills to qualify IAS written exam.

Age limit:-
A general category candidate must have attained the age of 21 years and must not have attained the age of 30 years on 1st August 2012
(upper age limit relaxable for SCs, STs, OBCs and certain other categories as specified in UPSC Notification).

You should be citizen of India.

Thanks.
4th January 2013, 11:33 AM
gamble007
Senior Member++

Hi...
Dear...
You are a IAS (INDIAN ADMINISTRATIVE SERVICE) aspirant, I appreciate it. But you have to complete your graduation from a recognized college, with whatever may be the stream as you like.
As the minimum requirement for this civil service examination is a graduation degree.
This civil service examination is conducted by the UNION PULIC SERVICE COMMISSION (UPSC) every year.

This civil service examination has three stages to be clear in order to become a IAS officer-
Selection Procedure : -

** Preliminary Exam

** Mains Exam

** Interview Test

Csat exam pattern--

optional subjects in CSAT examination
--

Optional subjects in MAINS--

Age limit--

21-30 years for the GENERAL candidates,
21-33 years for the OBC candidates,
21-35 years for the SC\ST candidates,

more info--
www.upsc.gov.in

You must be a citizen of India ,Both male/female are eligible to join IAS.

Thank you!!!!
4th January 2013, 02:10 PM
bhawnarattan
Senior Member+

For applying for IAS you need to be graduate and as you are pursuing your Graduation so are elligible for it.For it you have to appear in the exam conducted by the UPSC and the exam is conducted in two phases one is Prelims and 2nd is MAins.
4th January 2013, 03:52 PM
dhirajen18
Senior Member+++++

After 12th Arts it is not possible to become IAS officer as the minimum academic qualification for IAS is Graduation Degree.

To become an IAS officer one has to apply, appear and crack Civil Service Exam conducted by UPSC every year.

The eligible candidate must be an Indian National having either appear for the final Graduation Degree exam or pass in any stream from a recognised University within the age of 21 to 30 years with upper age relaxation for reserved candidate.

The selection is through three Phases:-

-CSAT - Civil Service Aptitude Test - Preliminary Exam

-Civil Service Main Exam,

-Personal Interview

So to apply for Civil Service Exam you should be a Graduate first, but you should start your preparation accordingly for IAS after completion of 12th.

For further information you may log on to http://www.upsc.gov.in
4th January 2013, 05:07 PM
mk.gohel
Senior Member++++

Thumbs up Re: How can I become an IAS officer after completing 12th Arts with 54%

Quote:

hi friend,

To Become IAS officer , you have completed your graduation degree.........

General Age Limit is 21-30 years. but there is relaxation is available for reserved category....

there are only 4 attempts available for General category (For OBC 7 attempt limit and for SC/ST no attempt limit).....

The exam have three stages:
  1. Prelim Exam
  2. Main Exam
  3. Personal Interview

so, you have completing your graduation in Arts stream from a recognized university after you can applying for IAS exam......

all the best.......
4th January 2013, 05:32 PM
sherleytwain
Senior Member+++++

You can become IAS officer only upon completing the graduation. Therefore my advice for you would be to focus on Bachelor of Arts as for now. However when you reach the final year of graduation, it would be a good time to start preparing for the Indian Administrative Service.

Cracking Civil Service Examination is not a easy job. It is made even more difficult when over 10 Lakh students are appearing for the exam. You need to start preparation in advance so that you are better prepared for the entrance exam.

The General studies paper is part of both preliminary and main exams. To prepare for that exam you should read the NCERT books of Class 12th. Apart from that for General Knowledge section, you should watch news and read newspapers. Make sure you are not missing out on any major development.

Apart from that what you need to focus on is language. There are two language papers. First could be your native language like Hindi, Gujarati, Tamil etc. There are several to choose from. Second would be English. You will have to clear a paper of English language. Therefore if your English is not good, its time to start working on that.

You will also have to choose optional subject. In preliminary exam, candidates generally select geography or history since the aim here is to clear the exam to appear for main examination. Even in main exam you will have to select 2 optional subjects on which 4 papers will be conducted. This time around choose subjects related to your course.

IAS Eligibility

1. The candidate should be of Indian origin.

2. Bachelors degree in any stream is required.

3. No requirement of minimum percentage in graduation.

4. Your age should be 21 to 30 years.

5. There is 3 years relaxation for OBC.

6. SC/ST get 5 years relaxation.

Exam Pattern

1) Preliminary Exam

2) Main Exam

3) Interview

Number of Attempts

The General candidate gets 4 attempts for Civil Service Examination. Therefore even if you failed in the first attempt, do not panic. Learn from the mistakes and start preparing for the next exam.
4th January 2013, 07:05 PM
ankit80
Member+

Well dear to become an ias officer first of all you should complete your graduation and then apply for the civil services examination.
Eligibility:
<>you must have citizenship of india.
<>you should have a graduation degree from a recognised university.final year students are also eligible.
<>your age should be between 21 to 30 years.age relaxation of 3 years is given to obc and 5 years is given to sc candidate.
Best of luck
4th January 2013, 07:39 PM
sanj69
Senior Member+

IAS stands for Indian Administrative Service, to become an IAS officer one has to crack Civil Service Exam conducted by UPSC every year.

The eligible candidate must be an Indian National having either appear for the final Graduation degree exam or pass in any stream from a recognised University within the age of 21 to 30 years with upper age relaxation for reserved candidate.

You are not eligible to apply for Civil Service exam after 12th Arts as the minimum academic qualification for IAS is Graduation Degree.

The selection is through two stages of written exam followed by personal interview.

CSAT(Civil Service Aptitude Test) - Preliminary Exam, Civil Service Main Exam and Personal Interview

For more information you may log on to http://www.upsc.gov.in
4th January 2013, 07:40 PM
sanj69
Senior Member+

IAS stands for Indian Administrative Service, to become an IAS officer one has to crack Civil Service Exam conducted by UPSC every year.

The eligible candidate must be an Indian National having either appear for the final Graduation degree exam or pass in any stream from a recognised University within the age of 21 to 30 years with upper age relaxation for reserved candidate.

You are not eligible to apply for Civil Service exam after 12th Arts as the minimum academic qualification for IAS is Graduation Degree.

The selection is through two stages of written exam followed by personal interview.

CSAT(Civil Service Aptitude Test) - Preliminary Exam, Civil Service Main Exam and Personal Interview

For more information you may log on to http://www.upsc.gov.in
5th January 2013, 10:09 AM
nitz90
Senior Member+++++

Smile Re: How can I become an IAS officer after completing 12th Arts with 54%

Quote:

How Become An IAS Officer

In order to become an IAS Officer..you need to clear the Civil Service Exams which is conducted by UPSC every year..

Candidates can appear for the Civil Service Exams only if they have the following minimum qualifications :-

>> Candidate must be within the age limit of 21-30 years if general,21-33 years if OBC and 21-35 years for SC/ST..

>> Candidate must have completed graduation in any stream from a recognized institute..

>> Candidates have the following maximum number of attempts :-

> General- 4
> OBC - 7
> SC/ST/PD - No limit

Note :- There is no percentage requirement for appearing for the Civil Service Exam..

You can refer to the following books for your preparations :-

Candidates need to clear the following rounds in order to get selected :-

>> Prelims or CSAT
>> Mains
>> Interview Round

I have attached the syllabus of CSAT and some of the previous year papers of Prelims..

Also go through the list of the optional subjects which you can choose for the Mains..

You can visit http://upsc.gov.in for more details on the exam..

all the best..

With Warm Regards
Nitz
Attached Files
File Type: docx IAS CSAT Syllabus.docx(12.5 KB, 60 views)
File Type: txt IAS Exam Paper Pattern.txt(552 Bytes, 63 views)
File Type: pdf IAS ENGLISH_COMPULSORY 2010.pdf(167.8 KB, 64 views)
File Type: pdf IAS GENERAL_STUDIES_I 2010.pdf(210.6 KB, 87 views)
File Type: pdf IAS GENERAL_STUDIES_II 2010.pdf(296.4 KB, 62 views)
File Type: docx IAS Optional Subjects.docx(14.7 KB, 65 views)
6th January 2013, 02:32 PM
onlyforyou
Senior Member+++

[I]
Dear There,

The acronym for IAS is Indian Administrative Services.

If you want to be an IAS officer, then you will have crack civil services examination which is conducted by Union Public Service Commission(UPSC) every year.

The IAS examination is taken by three procedures are mentioned as below:-

* Preliminary examination.

* Mains examination.

* Interview.

The eligibility criteria required for this examination are prescribed as below:-

* Completion of graduation with any stream from any recognised college or university.

* Age limit- 21-30 for General, 21-33 for OBC, and 21-35 for SC/ST contendors.

* No of attempts- 4 for General, 7 for OBC and no no. of attempts for SC/ST contendors.

Hope the above mentioned will help you to get the information you were searching for.
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?