9th July 2011, 01:41 PM
Unregistered

How can an engineering graduate get a good college for MS in USA?

im a 3rd year student and my aggregate %age is 72 till 2nd year. and i m doin some extra course lyk embided system, robboticsand matlab etc. n workoin hard for gre too. n i m a ece student. will get a collage for ms n phd in usa on scholarshp...???

Related Questions:
  1. How can an engineering graduate get a good college for MS in USA?
  2. Can I get admitted in a good college in USA after failing first year of engineering in biotechnology
  3. Is it beneficial to do M.Tech(Software Engineering) for BS Mechanical graduate of USA?
  4. If a student is born in USA with USA nationality then is he/she is eligible for Maharashtra Quota for Engineering College?
  5. Good university/college in USA which offers M.S.(Automobile Engineering) through GRE for B.Tech Mechanical Engineer?
  6. What should I do for M.E after completing graduation with 54%?
  7. How to apply for MS course from USA? Does work experience helps in getting good college? -- [Most Discussed]
  8. List of universities offering PhD in Human Genetics at U.S.A.?
  9. I hav completed BDS from India and want to pursue further career in USA. Is it compulsory to finish DDS before doing a Post graduate course from USA?
  10. USA civil engineering job are avilable or not for Indian people without citizenship of USA?
  11. Can I get job after completion of MS(Construction Management) in USA? -- [New]
  12. How to prepare for Graduate studies in USA in Aeronautical engineering? How to present a paper in NASA and IEEE?
  13. Should I choose MS in USA or Germany after completing engineering?
  14. How to pursue studies in USA if I am a B.Pharmacy graduate from India?
  15. Further studies in USA after completing Diploma in civil engineering? Scholarships available?
  16. Possibility to study in USA for B.Tech graduate completed from non UGC and AICTE approved college?
  17. List of entrance exams to study MBA in USA?
  18. How to Get Scholarship for MS in USA/UK?
29th May 2015, 09:47 PM
Pwg_31
Senior Member+

Default Re: How can an engineering graduate get a good college for MS in USA?

The exam which you should be aiming at is the GRE because with this exam
1. you will get good universities
1. you will get certain percent of scholarship because of which the monetary burden will also reduce.

Now let us discuss about the exam.
There is no specific eligibility criterion for GRE. However, various universities that accept GRE scores have their own criteria of admission.

The exam pattern for that is-
1) Analytical Writing(One section with two separately timed tasks)

Task 1 - Analyse an Issue- 30 mins
Task 2 - Analyse an Argument task- 30 mins

2) Verbal Reasoning (Two sections)

20 questions per section- 30 mins each

3) Unscored -
This section will not be declared explicitly and can appear in any order after Analytical Writing section. Questions in this section are being tried out either for possible use in future tests or to ensure that scores on new editions of the test are comparable to scores from earlier editions.

4) Research-
This section will be declared explicitly and, if included, will appear at the end of the test instead of the Unscored section. Questions in this section are included for ETS research purposes.

Apart from GRE also, you can take direct admissions in some of the universities but then its always better if you have given GRE as it will help you with your scholarships and also will increase your options.
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?