30th June 2012, 01:03 PM
khushi_siddhi

How can I apply for IPS officer?

how can apply ips officer.and please give me a one no so i can ask my qestion releted to ips exam

1st July 2012, 11:11 PM
rahul k
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: How can I apply for IPS officer?

Quote:
Originally Posted by khushi_siddhi View Post
how can apply ips officer.and please give me a one no so i can ask my qestion releted to ips exam
IPS stands for Indian Police services and to become IPS Officer, you have to complete your graduate degree course in any discipline and apply for the UPSC Civil services examination. This examination is conducted by UPSC Every year and the examination is conducted in 2 stages, preliminary examination and Main examination.

But firstly you have to cracked the Preliminary examination, it is compulsory for all and there are 2 papers in this examination and all are conducted in same day, both papers is objective. If you cracked this examination then you are eligible to appear for Main examination.

To apply for Civil services examination, you need graduate degree course and if your graduation is complete then you can apply for this examination.

Final year appearing candidates are also apply for Civil services examination.

Your age should between 21 to 30 years and upper age relaxation is applicable for SC/ST/OBC candidates.

Please prepared well for this examination and then appeared because you will get limited attempts to cracked this examination and if you failed then you can not apply for this examination again.

Number of Attempts:

## For General candidates : 4 Attempts
## For OBC Candidates : 7 Attempts
## For SC/ST : No Limits

So, if your graduation is complete then please apply for this examination and then you will become IPS officer. For this year examination was already completed, please wait for Next year Notification and then apply for this examination Online and for more details check official website of UPSC.

Preliminary Examination Pattern :

2nd July 2012, 11:07 AM
Shaenma
Senior Member+++++

IPS eligibility criteria:-

>To give this exam you need to be a graduate in any discipline from a recognized university. If you are appearing for the final year then also you are eligible to apply for this exam.

>Your age should be between 21-30 years.

>There is age relaxation for the SC/ST/OBC category.

>The selection procedure includes preliminary exam, main exam and personal interview.

>At the most you can give this exam for four times.

Physical Standard:-

Minimum height for male is 165 cm and for female it is 150 cm.
Chest size for male should be minimum 84 cm, expandable upto 5cm. In case of female it is 79cm, expandable upto 5cm.

Eye:- 6/12 or 6/9 distant vision for worse eye and 6/6 or 6/9 distant vision for good eye.

Visit:- http://www.upsc.gov.in

2nd July 2012, 02:59 PM
dhirajen18
Senior Member+++++

IPS - INDIAN POLICE SERVICE, to become an IPS officer one has to apply, appear and crack Civil Service Exam conducted by UPSC once every year.

To be eligible for IPS of Civil Service exam one must be an Indian National. Heshould have either appear for the final Graduation Degree exam or pass in any stream from a recognised University within the age of 21 to 30 years with good Physical Fitness.

Apart from this, the candidate should have minimum Physical Requirement such as:-

HEIGHT:-

General Male-165cm and Female-150cm
SC/ST Male-160cm and Female-145cm

CHEST:-

Male-85cm and Female-79cm expandable to 5cm in both the cases.

The selection of candidate is through two stages of written exams followed by final selection through Personal Interview.

The eligible candidate applying for Civil Service exam will be called for to sit for a Preliminary test called CSAT - Civil Service Aptitude Test.

The successful candidate through CSAT will be called for the 2nd stage selection of Civil Service Main Exam comprises of subjective type questions from prescribed syllabus.

For more information you may log on to http://www.upsc.gov.in

Do you have any question? or have anything to say?