14th August 2013, 11:49 AM
Unregistered

How can I apply for IPS officer post after B.E?

How to apply for IPS officer's post after B.E(Information Technology)? Eligibility criteria?

27th March 2014, 01:30 PM
ChakrabortyP
Senior Member++++

Default Re: How can I apply for IPS officer post after B.E?

IPS exam also have some specific physical requirement which are different from rest of the Civil Service exam.
Height – Male 165 cm Pahari Male (general also) & ST (not the SC/ OBC) – 160 cm
Female 150 cm Pahari Female (general also) & ST (not SC/ OBC)- 145 cm
Chest – Male Minimum 84 cm. Expansion 5 cm.
Female Min 79 cm expansion 5 cm.
Eye sight – 6/6 or 6/9 distant vision for good eye. 6/12 or 6/9 for worst eye. Near vision J 1 for good eye. J2 for worst eye.
The age limit has to be 21 years minimum till 30 years maximum. Incase ofOBCs, it is 33 and 35 for SCs/STs . There are four attempts for the for general, seven for OBCs and no limit for SCs/STs. The physical standards are equally important for the job profile and the rigorous training at the National Police Academy, Hyderabad is conducted.
17th November 2015, 09:27 PM
Unregistered

I am a final year B.E (mechanical engg.) Student , i want to become IPS officer. Tell me details what should i do and how?
23rd December 2015, 08:47 PM
Unregistered

How can I apply for IPS officer post after completing Electronics and communication engineering?
31st December 2015, 06:54 PM
lvnareshsunrise
Senior Member+++++

Soon after the completion of BE in Information Technology, you are eligible to apply for the position of IPS Officer. Here is the complete information regarding this.

One should crack the following selection procedure to be placed in IPS.
-Civil Services Preliminary Exam
-Civil Services Main Exam
-Interview

Civil Services Exam is being conducted by UPSC (Union Public Service Commission) once in a year in order to recruit the candidates into all the civil services like
-IAS (Indian Administrative Service)
-IPS (Indian Police Service)
-IFS (Indian Foreign Service)
-IRS (Indian Revenue Service)

For this academic year, civil services preliminary exam. Hence you can not apply for civil services exam.

However, you can apply for upcoming civil services exam of upcoming year. Here are the important dates regarding that.
Date of release of notification : 23-04-2016
Last date for the receipt of applications : 20-05-2016
Date of Civil Services Exam : 07-08-2016

Once the notification is released, you can apply for this exam in online.

Meanwhile, you can get the syllabus for this exam and start preparing for this exam.

Before applying just check whether you are meeting the required eligibility criteria for this exam or not. Here it is,

One should have completed Graduation with any of the stream from a recognized university. No minimum percentage of marks are required for the candidates in Graduation.

The nationality of the candidate should be India.

Candidates of General category should be in the age group of 21-32 years.
Relaxation will be provided in upper age limit for the candidates of OBC category upto 3 years.
This relaxation will be upto 5 years for the candidates of SC/ST category and 10 years for the candidates with physical disabilities.

Have good preparation for this exam and crack it.
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?