19th November 2012, 08:50 PM
onkarr

How can I apply for NDA I for the branch of Air Force? Is there any difference between CDS and NDA

hello sir my birth date is 12 march 1997 can i apply for nda 1 2013 for the branch of airforce and is there any difference between CDS and NDA

20th November 2012, 01:48 PM
dhirajen18
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: How can I apply for NDA I for the branch of Air Force? Is there any difference between CDS and NDA

Yes, there is difference between CDS and NDA.

CDS - Combined Defence Service can be applied after completion of Graduation within the age of 19 to 25 years.

NDA - National Defence Academy can be applied after completion of 12th within the age of 16.5 to 19 years.

NDA entrance exam conducted by UPSC twice every year as NDA-I and NDA-II for entry in to Indian Army, Navy and Air Force wing of NDA.

To be eligible for Indian Air Force wing of NDA, one must be an Indian unmarried male candidate only having either appear for the final 12th exam or pass with Physics, Chemistry and Mathematics from a recognised Board within the age of 16.5 to 19 years with good Physical and Mental Fitness.

You can apply for NDA-I in the final year of your 12th studies, the notification for which will come out in the month of December 12 and the exam will be held in the month of April 12.

For more information you may log on to http://www.upsc.gov.in
20th November 2012, 03:48 PM
tash1907
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: How can I apply for NDA I for the branch of Air Force? Is there any difference between CDS and NDA

Hi Friend........

If you are interested in Indian Air Force

First you can crack the NDA Examination

NDA stands for National Defence Academy, This examination is conducted by Union Public Service Commission in yearly twice i.e. NDA - I & NDA - II

NDA have three wings

INDIAN AIR FORCE

INDIAN NAVY

INDIAN ARMY

Eligibility Criteria for NDA Examination : -

>> Candidates must have a 12th standard with PCM (Physics/Chemistry/Mathematics) from any recognized institution

>> Candidates age should between 16.5 years to 19 years, There is no age relaxation for this examination

>> Candidates should be a citizen of India

>> Only unmarried male candidates are eligible for this examination

if you satisfy above all eligibility then you are eligible for NDA examination

Difference Between NDA & CDS

NDA or the National Defence Academy, recruits candidates after their 10+2 and impact training there for four years. At the end of this training a Bachelor's degree is also awarded to the successful candidates and commissioned as an Officer (Liuetenant).

CDS or Combined Defence Service (It is an examination), Graduates are selected through the written Test and if cleared called for SSB ( Services Selection Board) Interview. Successful candidates of the SSB Interview will undergo a Medical Test and if found fit based on the merit list details for undergoing training at the respective wing of Defence Services ( Army, Navy or Airforce) as per choice opted.

all the best....

Regards.........
Tash
20th November 2012, 06:32 PM
nitz90
Senior Member+++++

Smile Re: How can I apply for NDA I for the branch of Air Force? Is there any difference between CDS and NDA

Quote:
Originally Posted by onkarr View Post
hello sir my birth date is 12 march 1997 can i apply for nda 1 2013 for the branch of airforce and is there any difference between CDS and NDA

How To Apply For NDA

The NAtional Defense Academy Exam is conducted every year by the UPSC in the months of April and August for the recruitment of candidates to the following wings :-

>> Army Wing
>> Air Force Wing
>> Navy Wing

A candidate is eligible to appear for the NDA Exams only if :-

>> The candidate is within the age limit of 16.5-19 years

>> The candidate must be either appearing for 12th or must have already cleared 12th from a recognized board..

Right now, your age is only 15 years so you are currently not eligible for appearing for any NDA exam..

You can apply online for UPSC Exams by Clicking Here

Difference Between NDA and CDS Exams

Though, both the exams are conducted by UPSC but you can say that CDS is for a bit older students as compared to NDA..

In order to appear for CDS..you must be a final year graduate or must have already completed your graduation..

Your age must be within the following age limits to join your desired wing :-

>> Indian Navy - 19-22 years
>> Indian Air Force - 19-23 years
>> Indian Military Academy - 19-24 years
>> Officer's Training Academy - 19-25 years

For more info on the exams or any clarification of your doubts you can visit http://upsc.gov.in

all the best..

With Warm Regards
Nitz
20th November 2012, 06:56 PM
ajayrocks007
Senior Member+++++

If you want to apply for NDA and want to join Air force then you must complete 10+2 with physics and mathematics.

So if you are 10+2 with physics and maths then you will be eligible for Air force . If not then you will be only eligible for Indian Army.

Age must be between 16.5 to 19 years if you are applying for NDA exam.

CDS and NDA are different exams . CDS is for Graduates and NDA is for 10+2 candidates.

For CDS your e must be between 19 to 25 years of age.

If you want to join Air force through CDS then you should be graduate in engineering or maths or physics . Age must be between 19 to 23 years for Air force academy.

For OTA age should be between 19 to 25 years and for IMA age must be between 19 to 24 years.

You have to pass an objective type paper to qualify for the SSB interview.

SSB interview is of 5 days duration excluding the reporting day and you have to face various kinds of tests in this stage.

Merit is prepared on the basis of marks obtained in objective paper and SSB interview.

Medically fit candidates will be eligible for joining training.

For more information visit following sites:

http://upsc.gov.in

http://careerairforce.nic.in
22nd November 2012, 04:45 PM
nellipudi.santhoshkumar
Senior Member++++

hai,

Indian Air Force it is one of the wing in National Defense Academy.For this you can crack the NDA exam, NDA(National Defence Academy) exam is conducted by the UPSC twice in a year i.e NDA-I, NDA-II.Eligibility criteria:

**NDA have three wings
1.Indian Army
2.Indian Navy
3.Indian Air Force

The candidate should be complete +2 from a recognised state board.

You should be a citizen of india.

You must be physically fit.

Age limits is 16 1/2 year to 19years.

And the most important thing is only unmarried male candidates are eligible.

Selection procedure:

Medical test
Written test
Interview

all the best............
23rd November 2012, 11:58 AM
nellipudi.santhoshkumar
Senior Member++++

hai,

NDA examination is a way to Join Defence just after completing his Intermediate examination, those who are interested to Join Army, Navy and Air force wings may apply for NDA Examination, this examination is conducted by UPSC, two times in a year.

This Exam is Conducted in three wings:
1 Indian Army
2 Indian Navy
3 Indian Air Force

Eligibility criteria for Indian Air Force
:

**The candidate should be complete +2 from a recognised state board.

**You should be a citizen of india.

**You must be physically fit.

**Age limits is 16 1/2 year to 19years.

**And the most important thing is only unmarried male candidates are eligible.

Selection procedure:

Written test
Interview
Medical test

NDA or the National Defence Academy, recruits candidates after their 10+2. and impact training there for four years.
At the end of this training a Bachelor's degree is also awarded to the successful candidates and commissioned as an Officer.

CDS or Combined Defence Service,

Any Graduates are selected through the written Test and if cleared called for SSB Interview.
Successful candidates of the SSB Interview will undergo a Medical Test and if found fit based on the merit list details for undergoing training at the respective wing of Defence Services as per choice opted.

all the best............
24th November 2012, 12:06 PM
Viraj0013

hI FRIENDS

How To Apply For NDA

The NAtional Defense Academy Exam is conducted every year by the UPSC in the months of April and August for the recruitment of candidates to the following wings :-

>> Army Wing
>> Air Force Wing
>> Navy Wing

A candidate is eligible to appear for the NDA Exams only if :-

>> The candidate is within the age limit of 16.5-19 years

>> The candidate must be either appearing for 12th or must have already cleared 12th from a recognized board..

Right now, your age is only 15 years so you are currently not eligible for appearing for any NDA exam..

You can apply online for UPSC Exams by Clicking Here

NDA or the National Defence Academy, recruits candidates after their 10+2 and impact training there for four years. At the end of this training a Bachelor's degree is also awarded to the successful candidates and commissioned as an Officer (Liuetenant).

CDS or Combined Defence Service (It is an examination), Graduates are selected through the written Test and if cleared called for SSB ( Services Selection Board) Interview. Successful candidates of the SSB Interview will undergo a Medical Test and if found fit based on the merit list details for undergoing training at the respective wing of Defence Services ( Army, Navy or Airforce) as per choice opted.

all the best....
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?