28th August 2013, 10:44 PM
kasi priyanka

How can I apply for Railway exam after completing B.E?

how can i apply for railway exams after completing B.E. what exams should i appear? what are the reference books?

14th July 2015, 03:27 PM
aashisranjan784
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: How can I apply for Railway exam after completing B.E?

If you have done bachelor of engineering from a recognized university, you can apply for different jobs in Railways.

At present online application for post of Senior Section Engineer and Junior Engineer is going on. Eligibility criteria for both and their important dates are as below:

1. For Senior Section Engineer, four years bachelor's degree in related stream. You can see the number of posts in different streams on the official website of respective Railway Recruitment Board.

The minimum age limit is 20 years and upper age limit is 34 years for candidates of general category and upper age relaxation applicable to OBC and SC/ST candidates.

2. For Junior Engineer post, three years polytechnic diploma in related branch. The age limit is 18-32 years. Upper age relaxation applicable to OBC and SC/ST candidates.

Important dates:

>>Starting date of application: 27/06/2015.

>>Last date of application:26/07/2015.

You can visit the official website of RRB for online application. Application fee for general and OBC male candidate is Rs 100. SC/ST, PH and female candidates are exempted from fee.

Important books for preparation:

Verbal and Non Verbal Reasoning by R.S Aggarwal.

Quantitative Aptitude by R.S Aggarwal.

General Knowledge by Lucent Publications.

You can refer to your core books for Engineering paper exam.
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?