21st June 2013, 02:28 PM

Can I apply for railway exam after completing B.E in mechanical engineering with 64.6%

I completed my BE in mechanical engg.with 64.6% . Can I apply for railway exam for section A & section B.Whats post are in section A & section B.

30th August 2015, 03:17 PM
jagrity7
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Can I apply for railway exam after completing B.E in mechanical engineering with 64.6%

Yes, you can apply for railway exam after completing B.E in mechanical engineering with 64.6% .

Different posts in Railways are divided into Gazetted (Group 'A' and 'B') and Non-Gazetted (Group 'C' and 'D') in 19 RRBs .

Group 'A' Posts – Appointment for Group A posts are done through UPSC Civil Service Exam, Engineering Service Exam, and Combined Medical Service Examination.

Group 'B' Posts – This posts are not open for direct recruitment . The Group B posts link Section Officers Grade - upgraded posts from Group 'C' railway employees on deputation basis.

Group 'C' Posts – Technical and Non-Technical cadre posts like Clerk, Station Master, Ticket Collector, Commercial Apprentice, Traffic Apprentice, Engineering posts (Civil, Mechanical, Electrical, Signal & Telecommunication) etc.

Group 'D' Posts – Trackman, Helper, Assistant Points Man, Sweeper, Gunman, Peon etc.

You can apply for the post of Sr. Section Engineer which comes under Group C posts .

The eligibility criteria required to apply for the post of Sr. Section Engineer are as under :-

-The candidate should have passed B.Tech in Mechanical/ Electrical/ Electronics/ Manufacturing/ Industrial/ Machining Engineering from a recognized university .

-The candidate age limit to apply for the post is 20 years to 35 years .There is relaxation in upper age limit for for OBC candidates by 3 years and 5 years for SC/ST candidates.

Selection of candidates are made on the basis of

Online (Computer Based) Examination,

verification of original documents and

medical fitness.

The syllabus for RRB entrance exam are as under:-

General awareness,

Arithmetic Ability,

Reasoning Ability,

General Intelligence ,

General Science and

Technical Ability.

The exam pattern will be in the form of objective type multiple choices questions. There will be 150 questions in the online exam, 90 questions from Technical Ability & General Science and 60 questions from General awareness, Arithmetic, General Intelligence and Reasoning.
30th August 2015, 03:18 PM
jagrity7
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Can I apply for railway exam after completing B.E in mechanical engineering with 64.6%

Yes, you can apply for railway exam after completing B.E in mechanical engineering with 64.6% .

Different posts in Railways are divided into Gazetted (Group 'A' and 'B') and Non-Gazetted (Group 'C' and 'D') in 19 RRBs .

Group 'A' Posts – Appointment for Group A posts are done through UPSC Civil Service Exam, Engineering Service Exam, and Combined Medical Service Examination.

Group 'B' Posts – This posts are not open for direct recruitment . The Group B posts link Section Officers Grade - upgraded posts from Group 'C' railway employees on deputation basis.

Group 'C' Posts – Technical and Non-Technical cadre posts like Clerk, Station Master, Ticket Collector, Commercial Apprentice, Traffic Apprentice, Engineering posts (Civil, Mechanical, Electrical, Signal & Telecommunication) etc.

Group 'D' Posts – Trackman, Helper, Assistant Points Man, Sweeper, Gunman, Peon etc.

You can apply for the post of Sr. Section Engineer which comes under Group C posts .

The eligibility criteria required to apply for the post of Sr. Section Engineer are as under :-

-The candidate should have passed B.Tech in Mechanical/ Electrical/ Electronics/ Manufacturing/ Industrial/ Machining Engineering from a recognized university .

-The candidate age limit to apply for the post is 20 years to 35 years .There is relaxation in upper age limit for for OBC candidates by 3 years and 5 years for SC/ST candidates.

Selection of candidates are made on the basis of

Online (Computer Based) Examination,

verification of original documents and

medical fitness.

The syllabus for RRB entrance exam are as under:-

General awareness,

Arithmetic Ability,

Reasoning Ability,

General Intelligence ,

General Science and

Technical Ability.

The exam pattern will be in the form of objective type multiple choices questions. There will be 150 questions in the online exam, 90 questions from Technical Ability & General Science and 60 questions from General awareness, Arithmetic, General Intelligence and Reasoning.
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?