28th March 2017, 01:20 PM
Md aman noman

How can I become an Engineer if I am very weak in Maths? Can I pursue Engineering without Maths?

Respected Sir, I am studying in class 12th now and after completing it I want to pursue my career in Engineering but I am very weak in Maths so I want to know how can I become an Engineer if I am very weak in Maths? Can I pursue Engineering without Maths? Please answer as soon as possible.

30th March 2017, 11:16 AM
kachhadiyasarika
Member+

Default Re: How can I become an Engineer if I am very weak in Maths? Can I pursue Engineering without Maths?

No scope of engineering without maths. Even maths is compulsory in engineering. You should practice more and more on maths. For better preparation, Join coaching.

Eligibility For Engineering
- You must have passed 12th or equivalent with physics, chemistry and maths as a main subjects.
- You are required to appear entrance exam JEE Main.

JEE Main Exam Pattern
- Total Questions : 90
- Total Marks : 360
- Marks For Each Correct Answer : 4 Marks
- Negative Marking For Each Incorrect Answer : 1 Mark

JEE Main Important Dates
- Registration Opens : 31st Dec, 2016
- Last Date to Apply : 16th Jan, 2017
- JEE Main Offline Exam : 2nd Apr, 2017
- JEE Main Online Exam : 8th & 9th Apr, 2017
- JEE Main Result Declaration : 27th Apr, 2017
30th March 2017, 08:29 PM
Blessmegod
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: How can I become an Engineer if I am very weak in Maths? Can I pursue Engineering without Maths?

As you are interested in making your career as an engineer i.e; you need to pursue Bachelor of Technology / Bachelor of Engineering degree course after completing your Class 12th.

Further for pursuing B.Tech / B.E. degree course you need to have completed your Class 12th with Physics, Chemistry and Mathematics as main subjects with at least 45% aggregate from a recognized board.

So you cannot pursue B.tech / B.E. degree after your Class 12th without Mathematics. Further as you are concerned about doing well in Mathematics which is tougher for you then first of all you will have to first remove your thinking that Mathematics is a tough and have to practice as much as you can as the same involves more practice when compared to any other subjects.
31st March 2017, 08:54 AM
lvnareshsunrise
Senior Member+++++

Mathematics is the mandatory subject for the candidates in 10+2. You have to study it at any cost and score minimum pass marks. Then only you can complete your 10+2 and become eligible to get admission in Engineering.

Though Mathematics is not a mandatory subject in Engineering, you need to do various calculations (formula based) in various subjects in Engineering. But it won't be like pure Maths which you have studied in your 10+2.

So, first remove the fear of weak in Mathematics from you. Wherever you go, so minimum mathematical stuff is required for the candidates.

Hence, what I suggest you is to put some good efforts towards learning Mathematics. If required, you can go for private tutions.

Here are some of the popular streams in Engineering :
Civil Engineering
Mechanical Engineering
Electrical Engineering
Computer Science Engineering
Information Technology etc.

You can select the stream as per your interest and prepare strongly for the Entrance Exam.

Even in Entrance Exams also, there would be so many questions based on Mathematics. So, don't neglect Mathematics.
18th November 2018, 11:13 AM
Unregistered

I am very weak in maths,I want to be a dental doctor,I am studying in 8th standard.Can I?
5th January 2023, 01:09 PM
Unregistered

How can I become mathematical engineering if am weak in maths.
6th August 2023, 02:18 PM
Unregistered

I am weak in maths so how can i became a engineering
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?