13th November 2016, 12:45 PM
Mimansha Rawat

How can I become an IAS after completing BBA? What is the qualification criteria required for IAS exam?

Respected Sir, I want to become an IAS officer. I am in 12th and my subject is Commerce. After 12th I am willing to pursue BBA as my graduation so please tell will BBA help me to become an IAS officer? Please answer as soon as possible.

15th November 2016, 10:35 AM
Blessmegod
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: How can I become an IAS after completing BBA? What is the qualification criteria required for IAS exam?

BBA stands for Bachelor of Business Administration and as the name suggests it is a bachelor degree course of three years.

Now as you are interested to be an Indian Administrative Service ( IAS ) officer then for that you will have to qualify Civil Services examination held by UPSC once in a year.

* The minimum eligibility criteria required for appearing in the same examination are as here under :-

a) You must have the citizenship of India.

b) Your age must lie belong 21 years to 32 years if your belong to general category. Further relaxation of 3 years, 5 years and 10 years is applicable for OBC, SC/ST and PH category candidates respectively.

c) You must have completed your graduation degree in any discipline with any percentage from a recognized university.

Now as far as you are concerned about where BBA will help you for IAS examination the preparation then it depends upon which subject will you choose as your optional subject and whether that subject is related to the academics of BBA course.

For further details regarding the same examination you can log on to the link www.upsc.gov.in.
15th November 2016, 01:56 PM
sarita46
Senior Member+++

Default Re: How can I become an IAS after completing BBA? What is the qualification criteria required for IAS exam?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mimansha Rawat View Post
Respected Sir, I want to become an IAS officer. I am in 12th and my subject is Commerce. After 12th I am willing to pursue BBA as my graduation so please tell will BBA help me to become an IAS officer? Please answer as soon as possible.
Yes, after completion your graduation in BBA you can apply for IAS exam. Because the minimum educational qualification to apply for IAS is passed in any bachelor degree from recognized university.

Your age should be minimum 21 years but not more than 32 years. For OBC the upper age limit is 35 years and for SC/ST maximum age limit for them is 37 years.

IAS exam follow three stages:

1. Preliminary exam
2. Mains exam
3. Interview

Clearing all the three stages successfully will help you to become an IAS officer in your future. So, yes BBA will help you to apply for IAS exam.

Official website: www.upsc.gov.in/
15th November 2016, 09:09 PM
Maa ka pyaar
Senior Member+++++

First thing I would let you know that the official name of IAS examination is the Civil Services examination which is conducted by UPSC once evry year for recruitment of administrative officers like IAS, IPS, IRS, IFS officer.

* The minimum qualification required for appearing in the same examination are as given below :-

a) You must be an Indian citizen.

b) Your age must lie in between 21 years to 32 years if your a general candidate. Otherwise there is provision of age relaxation of 3 years, 5 years and 10 years for OBC, SC/ST and PH category candidates respectively.

c) You must have completed your bachelor degree course in any discipline from a recognized university,

So after pursuing BBA degree which too is a bachelor degree you will certainly be eligible for appearing in Civil Services examination. For the help point of view in preparation for the same examination it depends upon what you will opt for your optional subject in Mains as the prelims are same for subject students.

For more details related to Civil Services examination you can visit the link www.upsc.gov.in.
15th November 2016, 10:05 PM
Career Expert
Senior Member+++++

Yes, you are eligible to become an IAS officer after completion of your BBA course. Candidates who have passed Bachelor's degree or an equivalent examination from a Government recognised university are eligible to apply for IAS examination.

You need to apply for IAS examination through UPSC official website once, the UPSC releases the examination notification. You should be at least 21 years old and not more than 32 years old to be eligible to apply for IAS examination. Upper age relaxation is applicable to reserved category candidates as per government rules to be eligible to appear in IAS examination.
15th November 2016, 11:11 PM
TLSAAAA
Senior Member+++++

I.A.S stands for Indian Administrative Service and for recruitment candidates have to appear and qualify in Civil Service examination.

The eligibility to appear for examination is candidate must have passed bachelor degree in any discipline from a recognised university and age limit is 21-32 years with relaxation for reserved category.

So, you can appear for examination after the BBA degree. So, you can pursue BBA after 12th.

To get more information about examination visit at www.upsc.gov.in.
15th November 2016, 11:29 PM
lvnareshsunrise
Senior Member+++++

IAS stands for Indian Administrative Service. It is considered as the best civil services among all the civil services.

Yes. You can become a IAS officer after completion of BBA course. Hence, surely you can opt for this course at your Graduation level.

Here is the complete information regarding IAS :

Every year UPSC conducts civil services exam to recruit the candidates into various civil services like
IAS (Indian Administrative Service)
IPS (Indian Police Service)
IFS (Indian Foreign Service) etc.

The selection procedure is as follows
Preliminary/CSAT Exam
Main Exam
Interview

You need to get through Preliminary Exam first and then you have to take Main Exam with the chosen optional subjects. If you get qualified in Main Exam also, you will be called for Interview.

A mere top performance in Interview will fetch you job opportunity in civil services.

To be eligible to apply for this exam, candidates should have completed Graduation with any of the stream from a recognized university.

Candidates of General category should be in the age group of 21-32 years.

Relaxation will be there in upper age limit upto 3 years for the candidates of OBC category and upto 5 years for the candidates of SC/ST category.

Candidates of General category are eligible to take this exam for a maximum of 6 times and it is 9 times for OBC category and there is no limit in number of attempts for the candidates of SC/ST category.

Hope I have provided the detailed information to make entry into IAS. Make use of it and start preparation from the very beginning of your Graduation.
7th June 2021, 02:18 PM
Unregistered

Which subjects in bba helps to take the ias exam?
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?