19th September 2012, 12:09 AM
Rabindra kahalgaon

Can I apply for IAS entrance exam after completing BBA?

Can I apply for ias after completation of bba?...elase tell me if there is any chance

1st October 2012, 12:53 PM
rahul k
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Can I apply for IAS entrance exam after completing BBA?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rabindra kahalgaon View Post
Can I apply for ias after completation of bba?...elase tell me if there is any chance
Yes, definitely you are eligible to apply for UPSC Civil services examination after completing your Graduate course to become IAS Officer, IAS stands for Indian Administrative services and to become IAS you need to cracked the UPSC Civil services examination.

This examination is conducted by UPSC, every year and the notification will be published in the employment Newspaper or in the official UPSC website.

When the notification Published online registrations was already started and eligible candidates fill the application form online from the official website of UPSC, Graduation is the minimum requirement to apply for this examination, final year graduate candidates are also eligible to apply for UPSC Civil services examination.

This examination is conducted in these 2 stages, preliminary examination and Main examination.

Firstly, you have to cracked the preliminary examination, this examination is objective one and there are two papers in this examination and you have to appear for both papers in same day. If you cracked this examination, you are eligible for Mains. For Civil service examination, you need to choose two optionals for Mains exam.

To be eligible for this exam, you must in the age group 21-30 yrs (relaxation for reserved category). Number of attempts are also limited, 4 for general, 6 for OBC, while SC/ST no limit.

Notification is going to be published soon next year in Month of February, if you are interested then please apply for this examination online, when notification Published.

You have to prepared for this examination as per the pattern and syllabus, you can collect syllabus from the previous notifications from the official website.

If you need more details then please visit the official website of UPSC.
1st October 2012, 01:02 PM
MOUSE92

dear,

eligibility for ias:

indian administrative services

education qualification:

--10th pass

--12th pass form any field

--graduation from any field from any recognized university

age limit:

general: 21 to 30 yrs

obc: 21 to 33 yrs

sc/st: 21 to 35 yrs

ph: 21 to 40 yrs

exam pattern:

prelim exam

main exam

interview

--if you qualify prelim then only you are eligible for main exam

number of attempts:

general:4

obc:7

sc/st: no limit

so try hard you will get your aim
1st October 2012, 06:34 PM
sumitjha14u
Senior Member+

Smile Re: Can I apply for IAS entrance exam after completing BBA?

Hello dear,
Yes, definitely you are eligible to apply for the UPSC Civil services examination to become IAS Officer in future. IAS stands for Indian Administrative Services and is conducted by UPSC every year. You should have a degree to write IAS exam.

There are three stages in IAS exams.

=> Civil Service Aptitude Test(CSAT)
=> Main Exams
=> Interview

You must have attained 21 years and not be over 30 years on August 1 of the year of examination. The upper age limit is relaxed in specific cases as mentioned below:

=> upto a maximum of 5 years if the candidate belongs to SC/ST.
=> upto a maximum of 3 years if the candidate belongs to Other Backward Classes.

If your graduation is complete then you are eligible to apply for this examination next year, then notification is going to be published soon in the month of February and eligible candidates may fill the application form online from the official website.

The dates of Next year examination was already updated in the UPSC website.

Firstly you have to cracked the preliminary examination, the examination is objective with negative marking, if you cracked this one then you are eligible to appear for main examination.

Main examination is descriptive and you have to choose optional subjects for Main examination. After Mains you have to appear for the final Interview.

Please wait for the Notification and then fill the application form online, for more details check official website of UPSC.

http://upsc.gov.in

good luck
12th March 2013, 09:43 PM
kshreyaa
Senior Member+

This examination is conducted by UPSC, every year and the notification will be published in the employment Newspaper or in the official UPSC website.

When the notification Published online registrations was already started and eligible candidates fill the application form online from the official website of UPSC, Graduation is the minimum requirement to apply for this examination, final year graduate candidates are also eligible to apply for UPSC Civil services examination.

This examination is conducted in these 2 stages, preliminary examination and Main examination.

Firstly, you have to cracked the preliminary examination, this examination is objective one and there are two papers in this examination and you have to appear for both papers in same day. If you cracked this examination, you are eligible for Mains. For Civil service examination, you need to choose two optionals for Mains exam.

To be eligible for this exam, you must in the age group 21-30 yrs (relaxation for reserved category). Number of attempts are also limited, 4 for general, 6 for OBC, while SC/ST no limit.

Notification is going to be published soon next year in Month of February, if you are interested then please apply for this examination online, when notification Published.

You have to prepared for this examination as per the pattern and syllabus, you can collect syllabus from the previous notifications from the official website.

If you need more details then please visit the official website of UPSC.
13th March 2013, 05:02 PM
sherleytwain
Senior Member+++++

Of course you can apply. The Bachelor of Business Administration is also considered as a valid graduation course to apply for the Indian Administrative Service entrance exam.

Therefore you can apply for the Indian Administrative Service. To do so you will have to appear for the Civil Services Examination conducted for the Civil Services under government of India.

The IAS officer has various responsibilities depending on the rank of the officer. His main responsibility is to implement government scheme and ensure that work is going on smoothly by regularly visiting the places.

The Civil Service Examination is considered as one of the toughest entrance exams in the world. You should give yourself good 6-8 months to prepare for the Indian Administrative Service.

Eligibility

1. Only citizens of India can sit for IAS exam.

2. You should have a graduation degree.

3. There is no percentage criteria.

4. Minimum age for candidates to appear is 21 years.

5. Upper age is 30 years.

6. The upper age is relaxed by 3 years for OBC.

7. The upper age is relaxed by 5 years for SC and ST.

Exam Pattern

1) Preliminary Examination

> General Studies

> Optional Subject

2) Main Examination

> Indian Language

> English

> Essay

> General Studies

> Genera Studies II

> Optional Subject 1

> Optional Subject 1

> Optional Subject 2

> Optional Subject 2

3. Personal Interview
14th March 2013, 11:41 AM
onlyforyou
Senior Member+++

Dear Rabindra,

The acronym for IAS is Indian Administrative Services.

Yes, you can apply for IAS examination.

IAS examination is a civil services examination, which is conducted by Union Public Service Commission(UPSC).

Civil services examination is conducted for the posts of IAS, IPS, IFS, IRS.

The selection procedure for the civil services examination is mentioned as below:-

* Preliminary examination.

* Mains examination.

* Physical/medical test.

* Personal interview.

The eligibility criteria required for the civil services examination are prescribed as below:-

* Completion of graduation in any discipline from any recognized college or university.

* Final year contendors are also eligible for the civil services examination.

* Age limit:- 21-30 yrs.

* Age relaxation:- 3 yrs for OBC and 5 yrs for SC/ST contendors.

* Nationality:- Indian.

* No. of attempts:- 4 for General, 7 for OBC and no limits for SC/ST contendors.

Hope the above mentioned will help you to get the information you were searching for.
14th March 2013, 12:04 PM
infoysis
Senior Member+++

Quote:
Yes Off Course,, your applicable for IAS Entrance Examination after Completing your BBA Course ...

Any Faculty candidates are applicable for IAS Entrance Examination .. There is no restriction in specialization of the course..

Any stream candidate who Complete Bachelor degree course are applicable for IAS Entrance Examination ..

You have Completed BBA Course, But you should not have any backlogs in your Bachelor degree course, then Only your applicable for IAS Entrance Examination ,,,

IAS stands for (India Administrative Service) and this Entrance Examination is Conducted by Union Public Service Commission for every Once in a year ..

This Entrance Examination is divided into three levels namely, Civil Service Aptitude Test , Main Examination and Interview ..

Bachelor degree is the Minimum Academic Qualification make the candidate applicable for IAS Entrance Examination .. Even Final year candidate may also eligible for this Entrance Examination ..

Your age should be 21 years 30 years and relaxation will applicable for sc/st candidates and obc candidates ..

Number of Attempts :-

For General candidates Four Attempts and OBC candidates for Seven Attempts and SC/ST candidates for No Limit ..

The Notification for this Entrance Examination may published in Employment news paper and Official website of UPSC ..

So, After Completing your BBA Course your eligible for IAS Entrance Examination ..

For More Details Please Click Here :- http://www.upsc.gov.in/
14th March 2013, 09:24 PM
dhirajen18
Senior Member+++++

One can apply for IAS after Graduation Degree in any stream.

BBA - Bachelor of Business Administration, so after completion of which you can apply for IAS.

IAS - Indian Administrative Service and to become an IAS officer one has to apply, appear and crack Civil Service Exam conducted by UPSC every year.

The eligible candidate must be an Indian National having either appear for the final Graduation Degree exam or pass in any stream from a recognised University within the age of 21 to 30 years with upper age relaxation for reserved candidate.

For more information you may log on to http://www.upsc.gov.in
14th March 2013, 10:35 PM
mxsiva4u
Senior Member+++++

Yes of course

14th March 2013, 11:21 PM
sunilpati
Senior Member+++++

HI dear............

Yes, After BBA you can apply for IAS exam which is a graduate course, IAS exam is conducted through UPSC every year , there are certain eligibility criteria which you have to fulfill for appearing the exam...

*The candidates should be a grdaute in any discipline from a recognize university.
*The age limit is 21-30 yrs.
*There is a age relaxation for reserved candidates.

For more details log on to.
http://www.upsc.gov.in

Good luck.............
15th March 2013, 09:54 AM
sandeepsaini.saini522
Senior Member+++++

hi,
you can join IAS exam after BBA. IAS exam is coonducted by upsc.

Eligibility;

--you must be graduate from a recognized university

---Age limit is 21-30 years.

--age relaxation is given to reserved category.

3 and 5 years age relaxation is given to obc as well as sc/st category.

--you must be Indian citizen.

IAS exam pattern;-

FOR MORE INFO;

upsc.gov.in
15th March 2013, 10:25 AM
aashisranjan784
Senior Member+++++

Dear friend

The acronym BBA stands for the Bachelor of Business Administration.It is a three year bachelor's degree in business administration.

IAS stands for the Indian Administrative services .If you wish to join this services you have to compete one of the most toughest entrance examinations held by the UPSC for the different respectable services like IAS,IPS,IRS,IFS,IAS called Civil services examinations.

Eligibility criteria for the Civil services examinations:

Any Indian who has completed his /her bachelor's degree from a recognized university is eligible to appear for this exam.If you are in final year of graduation then also you are eligible for the examinations.

So friend after BBA ,you are eligible for the Civil services examinations in terms of academic qualifications.

The next thing that you need to satisfy is the age limitations:

General category are provided with 21-30 years with only four attempts for the civil services examinations.

OBC candidates have the age limit of 21-33 years with seven attempts .

SC/ST have the age limit of 21-35 years with no limit on no of attempts during the 21-35 years of age .

Now coming to the examination pattern:

Civil services examinations consists of three stages :

1.Civil services aptitude test

2.Main examination

3.Personal interview

How to apply for the exams:

For this exam you need to apply at the www.upsconline.nic.in.The registrations for the CSE 2013 are going from 05/03/2013 and the last date of receiving application is 04/04/2013.Preliminary that CSAT exam will be held on 26/05/2013.

Suggestions corner:

>>You need to labour hard with full concentration and determination as this exam is very tough but it is not you cannot compete you can achieve success by the making the day and night same.

>>If you have donot have proper preparation please join the coaching institute like Rau's IAS academy,Eten IAS academy,Vajiram and Ravi IAS academy.

>>For previous year papers ,you may visit the www.upsc.gov.in and click on the link of previous year papers.Try to analyse the papers so that you can get and idea about the type of questions which are generally asked in exams.

Hope the information helps you.

all the best

aashisranjan784
15th March 2013, 03:59 PM
Dharm27
Senior Member+++++

Quote:
Dear Aspirant,

Yes, Off Course You are eligible for applying IAS Exam.......!!!!

Any Candidate who have at least their Bachelor Degree in any Field can apply
for it Or While Pursuing Final year also applicable for the same.....

In your case you have completed your BBA Bachelor in Business Administration degree so, you can surely apply for this.....

This Exam is Conducted by UPSC every year for the various Government Posts like IAS, IPS, IES, IFS etc......

This Exam has Three stages:-
  1. Preliminary Exam
  2. Main Exam
  3. Personal Interview

Age Criteria:-

General age of candidate must be bound between 21 to 30 years,
Relaxation is available for OBC it should be between 21 to 33 years and
for SC/ST it should be between 21 to 35 years........

Attempt Limit:-

General Attempt Limit is Max. 4 Attempt,
For OBC it is Max. 7 Attempts and
there is No any age limit for SC/ST Category......

Exam Pattern:-

All the best

With Regards......
Dharm
15th March 2013, 04:41 PM
SK@S
Senior Member+++++

Quote:
YES, you can apply.

Next exam is on 26th May 2013
Last date to fill forms is 4th April 2013

Eligibilty to apply is:
Educational Qualifications: Graduation pass in any Stream

AGE- Minimum 21 years
Maximum 30 years
Candidates belonging to OBC gets 3 years and SC/ST gets 5 years age relaxations
2nd August, 1983 and not later than 1st August, 1992.

ATTEMPTS- General candidates- 4 times
OBC- 7 times
SC/ST- No such restriction
15th March 2013, 07:17 PM
Ravikanth2027
Senior Member+++++

yes , you can apply IAS entrance examination after complete BBA Course .

IAS Indian Administrative Service

Civil Service exam is conducted by Union Public Service Commission every year once

IAS Eligibility :

Candidates must be Indian

The Candidates must hold a degree of any University

The Candidates must have attained the age of 21 years & must not have attained the age of 30 years on 1st August of year of exam

The upper age relaxation as per govt rules

3 years upper age relaxation for OBC candidates

5 years upper age relaxation for SC/ST candidates

Number of Attempts :

Four times for general candidates

Seven times for obc candidates

No limit for sc/st candidates

Selection Process based on following Three stages

Preliminary Examination , Main Examination & Interview

16th March 2013, 01:44 PM
DKG7
Senior Member+++

Thumbs up Re: Can I apply for IAS entrance exam after completing BBA?

Quote:

Dear Friend,

Yea , You are eligible for Indian Administrative Service entrance examination After completing BBA course....

Educational Qualification :-

graduate degree of a recognised university....

final years students also apply for it..

there are no any % require....

Age Limit :-

General Category :-

21- 30 years....

OBC Category :-

21- 33 years...

SC/ST Category :-

21-35 years...

No. Attempt:

General Category :-

max. 4 times.....

OBC Category :-

max. 7 times...

SC/ST Category :-

no limits....

Exam Pattern:-

1.Preliminary Exam.
2.Main Exam
3.Interview

All the best.....
27th March 2013, 11:49 PM
HAPPY00
Senior Member+

HI..........

IAS Indian Administrative Service

Civil Service exam is conducted by Union Public Service Commission every year once

IAS Eligibility :Candidates must be Indian

The Candidates must hold a degree of any University

The Candidates must have attained the age of 21 years & must not have attained the age of 30 years on 1st August of year of exam

######## YES ##########you can apply IAS entrance examination after complete BBA Course .

OK................
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?