25th April 2015, 11:04 PM
Unregistered

How can I become an IPS officer after B.Tech after doing B.Tech in CSE stream with 78% aggregate

How to become an IPS Officer after Btech ? i have done Btech in CSE Stream 2014 batch Passout with 78% aggregate. after Matriculation i have done 3 years Diploma in CSE and after that i have done Btech ? pls Reply me Asap

26th April 2015, 12:53 AM
BISWARUPYOGI
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: How can I become an IPS officer after B.Tech after doing B.Tech in CSE stream with 78% aggregate

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
How to become an IPS Officer after Btech ? i have done Btech in CSE Stream 2014 batch Passout with 78% aggregate. after Matriculation i have done 3 years Diploma in CSE and after that i have done Btech ? pls Reply me Asap
Yes, B.Tech candidates are eligible for IPS exam.

IPS stands for Indian Police Service. IPS exam is conducted by UPSC through civil service exam.

If you have completed graduation in any discipline from a recognized university then you are eligible for IPS exam.

Your age should be in between 21 years to 30 years for general candidates. Age relaxation is given below -

5 years relaxation for SC/ST candidates
3 years relaxation for OBC Candidates
10 years relaxation for PHC candidates
5 years relaxation for Ex-serviceman

Number of Attempts:-

For open category:- 4 attempts
For ST/SC category:- 7 attempts

Physical fitness criteria for IPS exam:-

Height

For Men : 165 cm(AROUND)
For Women :150 cm(AROUND)

OBC /SC/ST :

Male:160 cm and female :145 cm

Chest

Male candidates-84 (+ 5cm).

Female candidates-79cm(+ 5cm).

Eye Sight

For Worse Eye :6/12 or 6/9 distant vision
For good Eye :6/6 or 6/9 distant vision
26th April 2015, 12:57 AM
AWNISH RANJAN CHAUDHARY
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: How can I become an IPS officer after B.Tech after doing B.Tech in CSE stream with 78% aggregate

To become an IPS officer you have to go through the Civil Service examination which is conducted by the UPSC every year for various posts as of IAS/IPS/IFS etc . The examination is known as CSAT .

The examination is conducted in three stages as :-
*Preliminary.
*Mains.
*Interview.

If you qualify in all the stages you become eligible to join civil services . Then according to the merit list or rank you will be given different designation .

The eligibility criteria for the examination are:-

*Candidates who have passed the graduation or even final year candidates from a recognized board are eligible .
*The graduation may be in any discipline /stream .
*The age of candidates must be between 21-30 years of age for general category candidates . Relaxation applicable for the reserved candidates .

The application forms are available from the month of May or June . The first stage (preliminary) is on 23rd August 2015 .

For more details visit at www.upsc.gov.in .
26th April 2015, 01:02 AM
poojasingh151

IPS stands for the Indian Police Services. It comes under the Civil Services of Indian Government.

You will have to crack Civil Service Examinations in order to become IPS officer. Union Public Service Commission conducts Civil Services examination every year.

Eligibility criteria for this exam is as below:

~~Bachelor's degree in any discipline from a recognized university. Passing % of marks is required to apply for the exam. Those candidates who are in final year of bachelor's degree can also apply for it.

~~The age limit is 21-30 years for general candidates and three years age relaxation to obc and five years to SC/ST respectively.

So, you can apply for the Civil Service exam after scoring 78% in bachelor's degree in technology in computer science engineering.

The date of notification for CSE 2015 is 16/05/2015. You can apply online for the exam at www.upsconline.nic.in.
26th April 2015, 01:08 AM
kaushikprince
Senior Member++

It is great thought to serve the country via police service.

To become an IPS officer , first of all it is necessary to qualify written examination conducted by UPSC.
IPS examination is also one of the toughest examination in India.
After qualifying written examination ,it is necessary to face and qualify interview and physical test.

Eligibility criteria for IPS examination are such that the candidate must:-
-be a citizen of India.
-holds a graduate degree in any disciple from a recognized university.
-be of age 21-28 years of age at the time of applying .
Also number of attempts are the examination are limited for:
General-4
OBC-7
SC/ST- No limit.

So, as you mentioned ,you are a B.tech degree holder then if the college from which you have completed B.Tech is a recognized university then you are eligible to apply for it if you fulfill other eligibility criteria.

Also ,to become IPS officer ,it is very necessary to prepare for it with great determination and dedication.
At the time of preparation ,there must be only one target (IPS Officer) all the time till you achieve the target.
26th April 2015, 01:20 AM
ranjan Ayush
Senior Member+++++

To become Indian Police Services officer after B.Tech in Computer science engineering, you must appear for the Civil Service exam and clear all the stages of this exam like:

1. Preliminary exam

2. Main examination.

3. Personal interview.

Any candidate who has done graduation from UGC recognized institute is eligible to apply for the exam.

Age limit: 21-30 years for general candidates.

If you OBC candidate you will get three years and if SC/ST candidate you will get five years age relaxation.

If you satisfy the both criteria, apply online for Civil Services exam 2015 at www.upsconline.nic.in, notification will come on 16th May 2015.
26th April 2015, 09:32 AM
aashisranjan784
Senior Member+++++

Quote:
Becoming Indian Police Officer is the dream of almost every Indian who has done his/her bachelor's degree in any stream or discipline from a recognized university.

But honestly speaking, it requires consistent hard work, determination and devotion towards Civil Services Exam preparation.

Civil Services Examination is considered to be one of the toughest entrance exam of India where lacs of candidates appear for 1000 around seats. So competition is very tough, but if you have the right strategy nothing is impossible to crack in this world.

To become IPS officer, first you need to meet the eligibility requirement for Civil Services examination.

You must have done your bachelor's degree from a recognized university and your age must be in the age limit 21-30 years. OBC and SC/ST candidates have age relaxation.

After that you need to apply for the Civil Services examination. For 2015 CSE, the expected date of notification is 16/05/2015. After that you can apply for this exam at official website www.upsconline.nic.in.

There are three stages of this exam:

>>Preliminary examination.

>>Main examination

>>Personal interview.

You need to clear preliminary exam to be eligible for Mains and further for interview. Ranking list is prepared on the basis of your performance in Mains and Interview.

There are four attempts for general candidates, seven for OBC candidates, and no limit for SC/ST candidates.

For any kind of other information regarding Civil Services examination, you can log on to official website of UPSC www.upsc.gov.in.
26th April 2015, 11:29 AM
poojasingh151

To become IPS (Indian Police Services) officer, you have to appear in IPS Exam which is held by Union Pubic Service Commission Every year.
Criteria:
~Candidates must have Graduation Degree from any recognized University.
~Candidates should be eligible for appearing in IPS Examination.
~Candidates should meet all the Physical and other requirements as mandated.
~Candidates should have the citizenship of India/Nepal/Bhutan.
Age Limits:
~Candidates must be at least 21 year at the time of filling Civil Service(Preliminary)Exam.
~Relaxation of age is also there as per rule.
Physical Requirement:
~Height-165 cm for Male.
~Height-150 cm for Female.
For more details ,www.policeexamindia.com.
26th April 2015, 12:06 PM
sumansin
Senior Member+++++

IPS(Indian Police Service) is conducted by UPSC for the recruitment of candidates for the different posts in Indian Civil Services.

To apply for IPS exam candidate must have graduate degree in any stream from recognised university. Age limit should be in between 21 to 30 years. Relaxation for reserve candidate as per government rules.

Attempts for general category 4 times, obc 7 times, sc/st there is no limit for appearing in this exam.

Selection in IPS exam based on these step- Prilims exam ->Mains exam->Interview.

Paper will be objective type of 200 marks and duration of this paper two hours.
This exam consist following papers which are based on different topics.

Paper I - General Studies
Paper II - Language Exam
Paper III - General English
Paper IV - Essay
Paper V, VI, VII, VIII and IX - Optional Subjects
26th April 2015, 01:48 PM
abhi1999
Senior Member+

IPS stands for Indian Police Service.

If any candidate want to become a IPS officer then he/she need to qualify UPSC Civil Service exam first.Candidate must be a citizen of India.

Candidate must have a graduation degree from a recognized board or universty.Candidate age should be between 21 years to 30 years.

The selection of the candidates are on the basis of Prelims and main examination.Percentage are not required for this exam.And Candidate must be physically and mentally fit.

Candidate's height should be 157 cm for mens and 152 cm for womens.Eyes should be 6/6.
26th April 2015, 02:30 PM
AWNISH RANJAN CHAUDHARY
Senior Member+++++

Yes you are eligible to apply for the IPS examination conducted by the UPSC on the basis of your educational qualifications . But your age must be 21-30 years for general category and 21-33 years for OBC and 21-35 years for SC/ST . There is no fixed aggregate required to apply for the examination .

Now to be an IPS you have to be qualify in the CSAT examination conducted every year .
The candidates who qualifies in the first stage ( Preliminary ) are eligible for the second ( Mains ) and so on for the third stage ( Interview ) .

The examination is one of the toughest examination . The merit list of selected candidates are prepared according to there performance in the entrance examination . The candidates on the top of merit list are offered for IAS and then IPS and so on .

The application form are released every year in the month of May and June . The first stage examination for this year is on 23rd August 2015 .
26th April 2015, 02:56 PM
kaushikprince
Senior Member++

To become an IPS officer , it is necessary to qualify Civil Services written and Interview examination conducted by UPSC.
It is also the toughest examination in India after IAS.
Written examination consist of two phases
i)Preliminary
ii) Mains

Also , hard labor in right direction under guidance of quality mentor is necessary.
Eligibility criteria for applying are
-Candidate muse have a graduate degree in any disciple from a recognized university
-Candidate must be a citizen of India .
-Candidate must be of age 21-28 years.

So, clearly you will be eligible if you fulfill the other criteria.
Labor hard and live the dream you wish to be.
26th April 2015, 11:45 PM
Unregistered

Namaste sir, my self Deenganesh, plz clear my confussion, I want to be scientist in Physics. What should I do now after 12, BSc or Btech ?
27th April 2015, 12:43 PM
s.sharma5657
Junior Member+

Post Re: How can I become an IPS officer after B.Tech after doing B.Tech in CSE stream with 78% aggregate

Quote:
Hello,
Getting into IPS is irrespective of your Graduation field except It should be from a recognized institute.
UPSC(Union Publis Service commision) Conducts an exam (3-level- prelims,mains,interview) to recruit candidates into IAS/IPS category.
27th April 2015, 12:45 PM
aryan5107241
Senior Member+++++

Hello Friend,

Its nice to see that you have completed your B.Tech in CSE with good percentile. This sets you eligible for the CSAT if you fulfill the other eligibility criteria for the CSAT Exam.

Well now here is the information in detail as per your query.

The term "IPS" stands for Indian Police Services. In order to join the Indian Police Services as an officer, you need to crack the CSAT.

CSAT Stands for Civil services Aptitude Test. This Test is conducted every year by the Union Public Service Commission and is considered as one of the most prestigious as well as toughest examinations conducted every year in India.

The Exam is considered as one of the toughest coz it is conducted in three phases and you need to crack all the three in order to join the Indian police Services.

And In our Country, every candidate aspire to join the Civil services, so the no. of applicants appearing in the exam are quite above in comparison to the seats available which are below 1k.

But As you have passed your Bachelor`s degree with good percentile, you can appear in the exam and if prepared well with excellent will and rigid determination, you can crack this nut.

Eligibility Criteria for CSAT :

a) The candidate must have completed bachelors degree in any stream from any university recognized by UGC.

b) Age Limit :

>> For General Candidates : 21-30 years

>> For OBC Candidates : 21-33 years

>> For SC/ST Candidates : 21-35 years

c) Nationality : Indian

The Union Public Service Commission provides four attempts to the candidates for the Civil Services Aptitude Test.

The Examination is conducted in the following three phases :

1) Preliminary examination

2) MAINS Examination

3) Interview

So, go through the above mentioned to check whether you are eligible to appear for the Civil Services examination.

This is the information I have to the best of my knowledge regarding your query. Hope the information will help you to the extent you want.
27th April 2015, 08:14 PM
havvedprakash

IPS stands for Indian Police Service.
It is conducted by UPSC (Union Public Service Commission) every year.

Eligibility criteria for IPS :

Nationality : The candidate must be the citizen of India.

Age limit :
  • The age of the candidate must be between 21 to 30 years.
  • The age relaxation is also provided to SC/ST and OBCcandidates as per government norms.

Educational qualifications :
  • The candidate must be passed his/her graduation from any recognised university.
  • The candidate who is appearing in the final year can also apply for this exam.

Physical requirements :
  • The height of the male must be 165 cms and 152 cms for women.
  • The eye must be 6/6.

Selection procedure :
  • Preliminary exam
  • Main exam
  • Personal interview
Attempt time of IPS exam :
  • General category : 4 times
  • OBC : 7 times
  • SC/ST : No limit
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?