1st April 2011, 06:47 PM
Unregistered

How can I become an IPS officer after completing English Hons?

i am a student of english hons. i want to be a ips officer.it is the aim of my life.how can i bring my dream in real life?please tell me.

5th April 2011, 04:47 PM
imira
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: How can I become an IPS officer after completing English Hons?

You need to start preparing when you are in the Graduation level. For the first part be prepared for the aptitude level paper and also on general awareness. You need to solve as many problem of each type possible. For the next part select the optional subjects. You must also solve the previous year papers.
10th June 2011, 04:48 PM
rahul k
Senior Member+++++

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
i am a student of english hons. i want to be a ips officer.it is the aim of my life.how can i bring my dream in real life?please tell me.
If you are in Graduation, Then you are eligible to apply for UPSC Civil Services Examination. The UPSC conducts This examination Two times in a year. The Notification of Civil services examination was published in the employment newspaper or in the official website of UPSC.

To appear in UPSC Civil services examination you need to complete your graduation in any stream from a recognised University And your age should between 21 to 30 years. Final year Appearing Candidates are also eligible to apply for UPSC Civil Services examination.

In this examination you have to face two written examination, First Preliminery examination and Another Main examination and if you have clear the preliminery examination only then you are eligible to apply for Main examination. Eligible candidates can apply for this examination either online Or offline, the application form was availiable in the post offices of India, you can also obtained from there, The Preliminery examination was conducted in the month of June and Main examination was held in the month of October.

So, if you are Intrested to prepare for this examination, then I will suggest you, please prepare for this examination with the help of syllabus and pattern only then you will get sucess in this examination and if you have face difficulty to study by yourself then please join some good coaching center, there will help you to crack the Civil services examination.

In this examination there are two Objective Papers with one General Studies and One General Aptitude Paper and both the paper was same Marks.

Syllabus Of CSAT examination -

(Paper 1) 200 marks - Duration- 2 Hrs -
  • Current events of national and international importance
  • History of India and Indian national movement
  • Indian and World Geography- physical, social, economic geography of India and the world
  • Indian Polity and governance – constitution, political system, panchayati raj, public policy, Rights issues, etc.
  • Economic and social development – sustainable development, poverty, inclusion, demographics, social sector initiatives etc.
  • General issues on environmental ecology, bio-diversity and climate change-that donot require subject specialization
  • General science.
(Paper II) 200 marks – Duration - 2 Hrs -
  • Comprehension
  • Interpersonal skills including communication skills
  • Logical reasoning and analytical ability
  • Decision making and problem solving
  • General mental ability
  • Basic numeracy (numbers and their relations, orders of magnitude etc. (Class X level), Data interpretation (charts, graphs, tables, data sufficiency etc.
  • English language comprehension skills.
So, please prepare for Civil Services examination according to the given syllabus and if you want to get complete information, then please visit the official website of UPSC -

http://www.upsc.gov.in
10th June 2011, 05:12 PM
bhavna04
Senior Member+

First thing I want to tell yo that physical ability test is compulsory for becoming an IPS officer.

Physical parameter for IPS
Hight:-165cm(M) and 150cm(F)
Chest :- Male Minimum 84 cm. Expansion 5 cm.
Female Min 79 cm expansion 5 cm.
Eye sight :- 6/6 or 6/9 distant vision for good eye.
6/12 or 6/9 for worst eye.

Ladies should not be pregnant at the time of Medical
Test.

Ear- good listening & normal ear cavity. 1000 to 4000
frequency hearing impairment shd not be more than 30
decibels.

Nasal- candidate should not stammer while speaking

You also have to clear the CSAT exam.
I am here attaching the syllabus of csat.

Any candidate who is cleared their graduation from a recognised university from any subject is able to write this exam.

Attached Files
File Type: pdf csp2011-syll.pdf(13.1 KB, 98 views)
File Type: pdf CSAT_Sample_Paper.pdf(197.1 KB, 154 views)
10th June 2011, 05:58 PM
SANDEEP891985
Senior Member+++++

Hello friend,
To be eligible for Indian Police Service, you must be a graduate. After completion of English Hons., you may write the civil service exam conducted by union public service commission-UPSC.
AS per the UPSC standards, you must be within the age limit of 21-30 years.
The upper age limit is relaxed upto 3 years for OBC and 5 years for SC/ST.

Now, if you fulfill the eligibility criteria, you can obtain the application form from the designated post office and head post offices. There is also a provision to apply online through www.upsconline.nic.in.

The civil service exam comprise of civil service aptitude test, main exam and interview. You have to qualify each stage to move to the next level.

For further information, you may refer to the official website of UPSC.
21st June 2011, 10:12 PM
Unregistered

What are the career prospects after completing english hons.?
29th June 2011, 06:27 PM
MonuRai

Dear,

In order to apply for the IPS exam , the following eligibilities are essential:-

EDUCATION:- The minimum educational qualification required is to be a graduate in any field.

AGE LIMITS:- Age limitation is between 21-30 years for the general , 21-33 years for the OBC , 21-35 years for the SC/ST.

NO. OF ATTEMPTS :- 4 for the general , 7 for the OBC , unlimited for the SC/ST.

Thanks.
5th July 2011, 02:21 PM
Unregistered

how can i becom an ips officer after complere my bca(h)
28th August 2011, 07:49 PM
Unregistered

i have done ba english hons through correspondence can i give ips exam?
16th September 2011, 12:04 AM
Unregistered

I AM ENGLISH HONS 2ND YEAR STUDENT,now I am starting to study for IPS OR after graduarion?
Tell me a good study center for IPS and total cost fee this? Please.......
17th August 2012, 07:27 PM
Unregistered

i already complete BA,can i apply for ias but my age 34
17th August 2012, 11:05 PM
sunilpati
Senior Member+++++

Hi dear..............

Eligibility Criteria :

1.Age limit

21 years must be completed on 1st August of the year, which a candidate is appearing. Maximum 30 for general category, 33 for OBCs and 35 for SCs/STs .

2.Number of Attempts

Four attempts for open, seven for OBCs and no limit for SCs/STs. If a person appears in the Preliminary Examination or even one paper is counted as an attempt.

3.The candidates should be a graduate in any discipline , from a recognize university

Exam pattern :-

For more details visit officiail website of UPSC.
http://www.upsc.gov.in

Good luck................
9th January 2014, 01:56 PM
Unregistered

What is the syllabus for UPSC examination for the students willing to appear for IAS after completing english honours
10th January 2014, 05:44 PM
nareshsunrise
Senior Member++

You did not mention your highest level of academic qualification. However have a glance over the following eligibility criteria to join IPS.

One should have completed Graduation with any of the stream from a recognized university.

Candidates who have appeared for final year exams of Graduation and waiting for the results can also apply for this exam.

The required age criteria will be as follows

21-30 years of age for the candidates of General category.
Relaxation in upper age limit upto 3 years for the candidates of OBC category.
Relaxation in upper age limit upto 5 years for the candidates of SC or ST category.

The selection procedure would be
CSAT Civil Services Aptitude Test
Civil Services Main Exam
Interview

If you have not completed your Graduation, then I suggest you to join Graduation and start preparation for Civil Services Exam,

Before that choose the optional subjects for Main Exam in accordance with your stream in Graduation.

For more information on this exam, you can visit
http://upsc.gov.in/
19th March 2019, 07:33 PM
Unregistered

How can i prepration english honour to become an ips officer at home because i live at a village and i' m a girl
22nd March 2019, 06:01 AM
Quikri

IPS exam is conducted by UPSC named as Civil service exam.
It is conducted annually with three stages namely prelims, mains and interview.
You just need to be a graduate from a recognised Indian University to apply for the exam provided you ate above 21 years of age.
So pursue your passion stream and then prepare for Upsc or choose the stream which will be helpful to you in Upsc preparation.
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?