15th August 2013, 03:01 PM
Unregistered

How can I face CDS exam after completing M.A Psychology in Karnataka University

Sir, i have competed MA(Psychology)in Karnataka university....how can i face this CDS exam plz suggest me.......about syllabus....Reference.....Books

24th June 2014, 09:15 PM
BISWARUPYOGI
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: How can I face CDS exam after completing M.A Psychology in Karnataka University

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
Sir, i have competed MA(Psychology)in Karnataka university....how can i face this CDS exam plz suggest me.......about syllabus....Reference.....Books

CDS stands COMBINED DEFENCE SERVICE

CDS exam is conducted for -

IMA (Indian Military Academy)
OTA (Officers Training Academy)
Naval Academy
Air- Force Academy

The educational qualification and age criteria for CDS exam is given below-

Indian Military Academy:- You need to be a graduate in any discipline from a recognized university.

Your age should be between 19 and 24 years.

Air Force Academy:- You need to have a bachelor's degree in science with physics or mathematics or you can do B.E./B.Tech in engineering or technology.

Your age should be between 19 and 23 years.

Naval Academy:- You need to complete your graduation in engineering or technology or you can do B.Sc degree with physics or mathematics.

Your age should be between 19 and 23 years.

Officer's Training Academy:- You need to have a bachelor's degree in any discipline from a recognized university or institution.

Your age should be between 19 and 25 years.

If you fulfilled the above mentioned criteria then you are eligible for CDS exam.

I have attached the syllabus of CDS exam so please check it out.This attachment are really helpful for you .

For more details about CDS exam and Application process , you can visit to http://www.upsc.gov.in
Attached Files
File Type: pdf SYLLABUS FOR CDS EXAM.pdf(167.8 KB, 44 views)
4th April 2015, 11:52 PM
secret29
Senior Member+

Default Re: How can I face CDS exam after completing M.A Psychology in Karnataka University

CDS means "Combined Defence Services" and this entrance exam is conducted for the post of officier rank in the following sector:-->>

IMA (Indian Military Academy)
OTA (Officers Training Academy)
Naval Academy
Air- Force Academy

The Minimum educational qualification needed to give this entrance exam is graduation from any stream.

If you have completed your M.com then you can definetly give this entrance exam.If you will crack the entrance exams of CDS then off course you will become eligible to join any of the listed field in the above paragraph.
This exam is maily conducted by the UPSC(Union Public service commision) and is among the standard organisation in government sector who mainly conduct this exams.

The minimum eligibility to fill the applications form of CDS is graduations from any authorised university of India.

Education Qualification for the different field of CDS (all four) is given as below--->>

Military Academy :--- Graduations Degree from a recognized University.
Air Force Academy :-- Graduations Degree with Physics and Mathematics as subjects from a recognized University.
Naval Academy :--Graduations degree with Physics or Mathematics from a recognized University.
Officer Training Academy :-- Graduations Degree from a recognized University.

Age requirements are-->>

Military Academy :: minimum 19 years and maximum 24 years.
Air Force Academy :: minimum 19 years and maximum 23 years.
Naval Academy :: minimum 19 years and maximum 22 years.
Officer Training Academy :: minimum 19 years and maximum 25 years.

You need to please visit the official website of UPSC which is www.upsc.nic.in
5th April 2015, 08:44 AM
RSJ66
Senior Member++

# Combined Defence Service (CDS) Examination held twice in a year by UPSC in order to fill up the vacant posts in defence forces of India such as
* Indian Navy
* Indian Air Force
* Indian Army

# You can surely appear for the CDS Examination subject to fulfilment of other eligibility conditions.

# First of all, I would like to mentioned the required age limit for CDS Examination:

* 19-22 years for Naval Academy (NA)
* 19-23 years for Air Force Academy (AFA)
* 19-24 years for Indian Military Academy (IMA)
* 19-25 years for Officer Training Academy (OTA)

# The general pattern of selection process of CDS Examination:

* Written Examination:
!. English Language
2. General Studies
3. Current Affairs
4. Reasoning Ability
5. Quantitative Aptitude
6. Computer Knowledge

* Interview
* Physical & Medical Test

# Few important points regarding CDS Examination are:

* Must be unmarried candidate
* Must be male candidate for Naval Academy, Air Force Academy and Indian Military Academy
* Females are eligible only for Officer Training Academy
* If a candidate is possessing NCC 'C' Certificate, then he/she will be directly invited for interview. Written examination is exempted for candidates possessing NCC 'C' Certificate.

# You have also enquired about the reference books. So I am going to mentioned the names of few in this regard:

* Upkar's Combined Defence Service Examination
* Disha's Combined Defence Service (CDS) Exam Guide
* Books published by Arihant Publication
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?