20th January 2012, 08:42 PM
Unregistered

Is there a need to give CDS exam after completing B.E?

sir,some people are sayin that if v complete our BE then there is no need for givin CDS exam where as some are sayin that CDS is compulsory for gettin admitted in IMA..............plz help me out

21st January 2012, 07:50 AM
BISWARUPYOGI
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Is there a need to give CDS exam after completing B.E?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
sir,some people are sayin that if v complete our BE then there is no need for givin CDS exam where as some are sayin that CDS is compulsory for gettin admitted in IMA..............plz help me out
CDS stand for Combined Defence Service exam .This exam is conduct twice time ina year.UPSC conduct this exam.Details of this exam is given below.
CDS Educational Qualifications :

1. For I.M.A. and Officers’ Training Academy : Degree of a recognized University or equivalent.

2. For Indian Naval Academy : Degree in Engineering for CDSE and Degree in Engineering or B.Sc. ( with Physics or Mathematics ) for NCC entry.

3. For Air Force Academy : Degree of recognized University ( with Physics and Mathematics at 10+2 level ) or Bachelor of Engineering.

(B) Age-limits:

19-24 Years Indian Military Academy
19-22 Years Naval Academy
19-23 Years Air Force Academy
19-25 Years Officers’ Training Academy

Scheme of Examination:

Written Examination
(a) For Indian Military Academy , Naval Academy and Air Force Academy

1. English (Objective type) 100 Marks
2. General Knowledge (Objective type) 100 Marks
3. Elementary Mathematics (Objective type) 100 Marks

Total 300 Marks

(b) For Officers’ Training Academy

1. English (Objective type) 100 Marks
2. General Knowledge (Objective type) 100 Marks

Total 200 Marks

Marks for SSB Interviews
IMA, NA and AFA 300 marks
OTA 200 Marks

C.D.S. EXAM.(II), 2012

Date of Notification/Last date for receipt of applications: 02.06.2012/02.07.2012
Date of Commencement of examination and its duration: 16.09.2012

C.D.S. EXAM.(I), 2012

Date of Notification/Last date for receipt of applications: 29.10.2011/28.11.2011
Date of Commencement of examination and its duration: 12.02.2012

I have attached the syllabus for CDS exam so please check it out.
Attached Files
File Type: docx CDS Examination Syllabus....docx(13.3 KB, 72 views)
21st January 2012, 01:46 PM
rahul k
Senior Member+++++

Quote:
Yes, Definitely you have to cracked the CDS Examination, if you are Interested to enter into Indian Military Academy (IMA).

To apply for IMA, your age should between 19 to 24 Years, There is no Upper age relaxation is applicable for any candidates.

The selection is based on Written test, Medical test and Personal Interview.

The examination is Objective and there are 3 papers in Indian Military Academy (IMA) Examination :

>> English
>> General Knowledge
>> Elementary Mathematics

The Notification of CDS Examination will be published twice in a year and the Notification will be published in the employment Newspaper or in the UPSC Website.

If you have completed your B.E Degree course then you are also apply for Direct Entry Scheme of Indian Military Academy.

You can also apply for University Entry Scheme after completing your Graduate degree course, You are direct eligible for Campus Interview and SSB Interview.

So, If you have completed your Graduate degree course then you are eligible for CDS Examination. So please wait for CDS Examination and then apply for this examination Online, If you need more Information check official website :

http://upsc.gov.in
21st January 2012, 02:12 PM
rajesh9503
Member+

CDS is exam of various entries in defence.
1.IMA
2.NAVY
3.AIR FORCE
4.OFFICERs TRAINING ACADAMY
so,whenever you gone for the indian military acadamy they want only you qualifications not the attempt but when you have to join indian army after your B.E then best option is to clear the CDS exam.
And other option for you to join short service comission in indian army in technical field.
21st January 2012, 02:19 PM
rajesh9503
Member+

CDS is exam of various entries in defence.
1.IMA
2.NAVY
3.AIR FORCE
4.OFFICERs TRAINING ACADAMY
so,whenever you gone for the indian military acadamy they want only you qualifications not the attempt but when you have to join indian army after your B.E then best option is to clear the CDS exam.
And other option for you to join short service comission in indian army in technical field.

If you are cleard the combine defence service exam then, you have to meet an opportunity in defence.
You should get officers post like lt.major these would be things of honour.
Best of luck.
21st January 2012, 03:15 PM
Sharma sujeet

Yes, Definitely you have to cracked the CDS Examination, if you are Interested to enter into Indian Military Academy (IMA).
To apply for IMA, your age should between 19 to 24 Years, There is no Upper age relaxation is applicable forany candidates.
The selection is based on Written test,Medical test and Personal Interview.
The examination is Objective and there are 3 papers in Indian Military Academy (IMA) Examination :
>> English
>> General Knowledge
>> Elementary Mathematics
The Notification of CDS Examination will be published twice in a year and the Notification will be published in the employment Newspaper or in the UPSC Website.
If you have completed your B.E Degree course then you are also apply for Direct Entry Scheme of Indian Military Academy.
You can also apply for University Entry Scheme after completing your Graduate degree course, You are direct eligible for Campus Interview and SSB Interview.
So, If you have completed your Graduate degree course then you are eligible for CDS Examination. So please wait for CDS Examination and then apply for this examination Online, If you need more Information check official website :
21st January 2012, 05:03 PM
Mechanical Rai

Quote:
if you want to join indian military academy then it is a must condition to apply for CDS.
age limit:19-24 years.
15th March 2012, 02:19 PM
sujukisamurai
Senior Member+

To apply for IMA, your age should between 19 to 24 Years, There is no Upper age relaxation is applicable for any candidates.
>> English
>> General Knowledge
>> Elementary MathematicsThe Notification of CDS Examination will be published twice in a year and the Notification will be published in the employment Newspaper or in the UPSC Website.
15th March 2012, 02:23 PM
sujukisamurai
Senior Member+

>> English
>> General Knowledge
>> Elementary MathematicsThe Notification of CDS Examination will be published twice in a year and the Notification will be published in the employment Newspaper or in the UPSC Website.
22nd May 2012, 11:07 PM
Unregistered

am i eligible for the cds examination if i am in the 2 nd year of my engineering???
4th June 2012, 01:06 AM
yudhveergvs
Senior Member+

Quote:
There are Different ways to join IMA Dehradun. its a Sub stage to get into Armed Forces. IMA is a Training academy where Graduates, NDA candidates treated One year heavily to boost their physical stamina.

To Get into IMA you have ample to Entries.

After 10+2

Through NDA :-
if you clear the NDA Exam and your Preference is Army then you will be treated 3 years in NDA Khadakwasla , Pune then One year in IMA Dehradun.

After Graduation
If you take Engineering Degree as your Graduation, then you can have

Through UES i.e University Entry Scheme in Army Final and Pre Final year Students can apply for this, if you clear SSB , then you will be treated One Year in IMA.

Through CDSE i.e Combined Defense Service Examination. Final year Students can write this. You can opt Air Force , Army or Navy , if you select Army and clears SSB then you will be Entered into IMA directly for One year Training.

Through SSC or TGC i.e Short Service Commission and Technical Graduate Scheme. Final year Technical Graduate can apply for both the Entries and Procedure is same as Above i.e One year IMA if selected in SSB (Service Selection Board.)

4th June 2012, 01:09 AM
yudhveergvs
Senior Member+

Eligibility For Indian Military Academy

In order to join the Indian Military Academy..you need to appear for the CDS (Combined Defence Services) Exam..

For appearing in this exam..you need to be at least a graduate..

Eligibility Criteria :-

1) You should be within the age limit 19-24 years

2) You should be a graduate or a final year graduation student in any stream..

Exam Pattern :-

The written exam mainly tests you in the following areas :-
English
Basic Maths
General Knowledge

Each of the sections carry 100 marks each with objective type questions..

You need to first clear the written exam..then the interview and then the medical examination..

The next CDS exam will be held in February for which the forms are already out..

For further details
Click Here

all the best
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?