10th July 2012, 09:49 PM
B.RATHEESHBABU

How can I join the Police Service?

i like to police service, how can i apply for this job....please tell me how can i join it

12th July 2012, 07:12 AM
SANDEEP891985
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: How can I join the Police Service?

Quote:
Originally Posted by B.RATHEESHBABU View Post
i like to police service, how can i apply for this job....please tell me how can i join it
In order to apply for the Indian Police Service, you must possess a bachelors degree in any discipline. Having done your graduation, you become eligible to write the Entrance Examination conducted by Union Public Service Commission for recruitment of Officer in the Indian Police Service.
The entrance examination conducted by the commission is known as Civil Service Examination, which is considered to be one of the toughest entrance examination in India.
Apart from being a graduate, you must be within the age limit of 21-30 years. The maximum age limit is however, relaxed upto three years for candidates belonging to OBC category and Five years for candidates belonging to SC/ST category.

Now as far as the format of the Civil Service Examination is concerned, you will have to undergo three stages of selection procedure:
  • Preliminary Exam (Written Test)
  • Main Exam (Written Test)
  • Interview (Personality Test)

Qualifying all the stages successfully will enable you to be considered for Indian Police Service.

For notification of the upcoming examination and other details, refer to the official website of Union Public Service Commission.

www.upsc.gov.in
22nd August 2012, 10:45 PM
Unregistered

how to join in police??
what are the qualifications ??
1st May 2013, 11:45 AM
Unregistered

how to appear for DSPs exam
19th December 2013, 06:52 PM
Unregistered

hello sir ,
i am studying electrical engineering . i want joint our tamil nadu police service after complting my studies so tell me engineering candidates are eligible to all examinations and age limits .please sir send me reply .
15th March 2014, 08:06 PM
Unregistered

Respected sir,
Im studing b.sc computerscience (1st year) can i join in tamil nadu police service?
Or can i join friends of police..?
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?