15th April 2015, 06:49 PM
Unregistered

What subject I should study in B.A. to join Indian Police Service?

Respected Sir,
I want to know that what is the subject
to chosen in B.A. for joining Indian Police Service?
I have just given my 12th Board exam with Arts
and in future I want to join IPS. Please help me.

17th April 2015, 11:14 PM
Uthradhi
Senior Member+

Default Re: What subject I should study in B.A. to join Indian Police Service?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
Respected Sir,
There is no specific subject to study. Any graduate candidate can apply for this examination. You can do any stream which you wiling to do. IPS i.e Indian Police Service Examination is conducted by UPSC once in a year.

You should have passed graduation in any discipline from a recognized university or equivalent qualification. Final year of degree course may also apply. You must have attained the age of 21 years and must not have attained the age of 32 years at the time of appearing for this examination. You must be physically and mentally to apply for this examination.

IPS Exam notification will be published in the month of June/July in the official website of UPSC as well as employment news paper. More details, visit the official website: www.upsc.gov.in
19th April 2015, 07:56 PM
jagrity7
Senior Member+++++

You can go for any subject/stream of your choice to apply for the IPS(Indian Police Services) exam.Because,there is no specific subject mentioned by UPSC for the IPS exam preparation.

UPSC conduct civil services exam every year for recruitment in the IPS post.UPSC has set some eligibility criteria for the exam which has to be fulfilled by the candidate to become eligible for the exam.The eligibility criteria are following:-

-The candidate must be an Indian.

-The candidate must posses a degree from a recognized university.The candidates who are in the final year of the course can also apply for the exam.

-The age limit to apply for the exam is 21 years to 30 years for general category.There is upper age relaxation for reserved categories as per the rules of the government.
20th April 2015, 09:43 PM
s.sharma5657
Junior Member+

Thumbs up Re: What subject I should study in B.A. to join Indian Police Service?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
Respected Sir,
Hello,
For joining IPS you need to clear UPSC civil service examination.
It has 3 levels (1. Preliminary 2. Mains 3. Interview)
Many UPSC aspirants opt for graduation in B.A. because of General studies subjects in syllabus of this exam (Say- History,Geography)
However there are other subjects too like Polity,International relations.
So Basically if you want to be very particular about your stream of B.A. to prove helpful in clearing UPSC exam, You should check out the list of Optional Subject you need to select in giving Mains exam. Go through that list and depending on your interest you can choose corresponding subject for your B.A. graduation.
Other than that the syllabus comprises of all necessary subjects,irrespective of your graduation stream.
Good Luck!!
3rd July 2020, 04:53 PM
Unregistered

which subject are more suitable in ba for police jobs
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?