21st September 2012, 08:19 PM
krgaurav74

How can I prepare for IAS officer exam or UPSC exam after doing BCA with PTU distance?

I am doing my B.C.A with P.T.U(distance). but I can prepaire I.A.S officer Examination or UPSC examination. If we can prepaire of I.A.S examination then which subject i want to choose? please suggest me.

23rd November 2012, 01:42 PM
ranjith1438
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: How can I prepare for IAS officer exam or UPSC exam after doing BCA with PTU distance?

Hai.

IAS stands for Indian Administrative Service.

IAS exam is conducted by the UPSC(Union Public Service Commission) once in a year.

UPSC calender for 2013:-

Eligibility criteria:-

The candidate should be complete graduation or any equivalent degree from a recognised university.

Percentage and marks are not important for IAS exam.

You must be a citizen of india.

Age limits:-

For General candidates--> 21 to 30years,

For OBC candidates--> 21 to 33years,

For SC/ST candidates--> 21 to 35years.

Selection process:-

***Civil services preliminary exam,

***Civil services main exam,

***Personal interview.

Number of attempts:-

4 times for General,

7 times for OBC candidates,

No limit for SC/ST candidates.

Exam pattern:-

For more details visit below website

CLICK HERE

Best of luck.
24th November 2012, 04:18 PM
mk.gohel
Senior Member++++

Thumbs up Re: How can I prepare for IAS officer exam or UPSC exam after doing BCA with PTU distance?

Quote:
Originally Posted by krgaurav74 View Post
I am doing my B.C.A with P.T.U(distance). but I can prepaire I.A.S officer Examination or UPSC examination. If we can prepaire of I.A.S examination then which subject i want to choose? please suggest me.
HI FRIEND,

IPS stands for Indian Police Service

• A candidate must have completed their graduation Degree in any Descipline with atlest 55% from recognise universities.
  • Final year students are also applicable.
Age Limit:
  1. General category student:- 21-30 years.
  2. OBC relaxation in upper age +3 years.
  3. SC/ST relaxation in upper age +5 years.
No. Attempt:
  • General - max. 4
  • OBC - max. 7.
  • SC/ST - No limit.

24th November 2012, 07:02 PM
eduforall
Senior Member+++

Default Re: How can I prepare for IAS officer exam or UPSC exam after doing BCA with PTU distance?

Hi,

IAS - Indian Administrative Services

If, you have a graduation degree whether its a regular or correspondence course , you are eligible to apply for IAS exam

UPSC conducts exam for IAS in the form of CSAT - Civil Services Aptitude Test.
Eligibility criteria for CSAT-

1. Candidate should be of Indian origin.

2- Graduation in any discipline from a recognised university.

3- Age - 21-30 years.

Stages of this exam -

1- Preliminary exam
2- Main exam
3- Interview

1.Civil Services Preliminary Examination or Civil Services Aptitude Test(CSAT):-

The exam contains questions on –
General Studies, comprehension skill, verbal and
quantitative aptitude and communication skills.

2.Main Examination and Personal interview:-

Those who qualify Preliminary round appear for Main examination.

Those who qualify Main examination are called for Interview.
24th November 2012, 08:56 PM
sunilpati
Senior Member+++++

Hi dear............
AS you are interested for Indian Administration Services (IAS) , there are certain eligibility criteria which you have to fulfill for appearing this exam........

Educational Qualification

>>The candidates should be a graduate in any dsicipline from a recognize university .
>>The final year students can also apply for this exam

Age limit

>>The age limit is 21 - 30 yrs , There is a upper age relaxation for sc/st & obc candidates.

Number of attempts

>General Category 4

>OBC 7

>SC & ST No limit

IAS exam pattern:

List of best books for IAS exam........

For more details visit official website of UPSC..
http://www.upsc.gov.in

Good luck.............
25th November 2012, 12:20 PM
josh98
Senior Member+++++

Hi friend..........

You can prepare for the upsc exam to become IAS officer first you need to apply for the IAS exam.

IAS stands for Indian Administrative Service. This exam conducted by the UPSC every year.

ELIGIBILITY CRITERIA:

You should be a citizen of india.

YOu should complete the Graduation from any recognized University.

You are in final year you can also eligible to apply for this exam.

Your age limit should be 21 to 30 years,

OBC 3 years relaxation

SC\ST 5 years age relaxation

To apply this you have 4 attempts for General caegory

7 attempts for the obc

no limit of attempts for the sc\st

candidate should be physically fit for this exam.

Exam Pattern:

All the best.......
28th November 2012, 12:23 PM
Viraj0013

Dear friends

IPS stands for Indian Police Service

A candidate must have completed their graduation Degree in any Descipline with atlest 55% from recognise universities.
Final year students are also applicable.

Eligibility criteria:-

The candidate should be complete graduation or any equivalent degree from a recognised university.

Percentage and marks are not important for IAS exam.

You must be a citizen of india.

Age limits:-

For General candidates--> 21 to 30years,

For OBC candidates--> 21 to 33years,

For SC/ST candidates--> 21 to 35years.

Selection process:-

***Civil services preliminary exam,

***Civil services main exam,

***Personal interview.

4 times for General,

7 times for OBC candidates,

No limit for SC/ST candidates.
30th November 2012, 10:19 PM
LUCKY 4

to become IAS officer first you need to apply for the IAS exam.IAS stands for Indian Administrative Service. This exam conducted by the UPSC every year.

ELIGIBILITY CRITERIA:You should be a citizen of india.
YOu should complete the Graduation from any recognized University.You are in final year you can also eligible to apply for this exam.Your age limit should be 21 to 30 years,
30th November 2012, 10:41 PM
deep_4
Senior Member+++++

Smile Re: How can I prepare for IAS officer exam or UPSC exam after doing BCA with PTU distance?

Quote:
Civil Service Aptitude Test Or Civil Service Exam is conducted by upsc Government every year. Its having Two exam one is prelims and 2nd one is Mains(you are eligible for this Exam if and only if you clear prelims.)

For Eligibility you must be A bachelor's Degree from Recognized university. Age limits are 21 to 30 years of age.

So you can conclude that a General Guy can Give 8-9 times CSAT exam in his Life time till he doesn't complete his 30 years of age.

After cracking CSAT exam , you can Go for IAS Officer.

It is having Two Exam one is Preliminary And 2nd One is Mains. If you clear Preliminary then only you are allowed to sit for Mains.

[CENTER]IAS or Civil Service Exam Dates are

For Filling up of Application Form for IAS OR Civil service Exam you need to Visit www.upsconline.nic.in

If you want to buy Offline Forms then Visit any GPO's of your City buy upsc form, Fill it and Send it to Upsc board as specified in that Broucher.

For more Information you can Visit www.upsc.gov.in
30th November 2012, 10:43 PM
BITTU 00

HELLO SIR..........

Educational Qualification

The candidates should be a graduate in any dsicipline from a recognize university .
The final year students can also apply for this exam

Age limit

The age limit is 21 - 30 yrs , There is a upper age relaxation for sc/st & obc candidates.

Number of attempts

General Category 4
OBC 7

BEST OF LUCK !!!!!!!!!
30th November 2012, 11:44 PM
radha 2
Senior Member+

After BCA You are qualified for IAS Exam:-
Eligibility criteria for IAS:-
Candidate should be graduate from recognised university.

preliminary exam
Mains
Interview

4 times for General,

7 times for OBC candidates

No limit for SC/ST candidates
1st December 2012, 01:25 PM
jolyxyz

Quote:

Indian Administrative service (IAS) is the most reputed Job of India. The Officers of this respected Civil service are recruited through Civil service examination (also called IAS exam) conducted by UPSC. IAS service though has incomparable power associated with it, it also brings numerous responsibilities.

Civil services are no bed of roses. For example, An IAS officer (and also officers of other reputed civil service like IFS, IPS) has to be diplomatic enough to understand and manage the situations that arise in the civil services on a regular basis. Thus the UPSC takes full care in recruitment of the officers that'll manage the steel frame of the country.

There job is to fit the Right man into the Right job and they are experts in doing it. There are a few qualities that are being looked for in the candidate during selection process. This is the reason why the success rate is so low in this exam. Lakhs of students compete every year for getting into prestigious civil services, but only about less than a thousand make it.

In order to be successful, a candidate firstly has to make a right concept in mind about this exam. Success is not very far if preparation is done on a regular basis. Structurally preparing for every stage brings the candidate to some milestone in the first attempt itself (or even may go through). Provided that the new pattern of the IAS exam is likely to give importance to younger candidates with sharp and agile mind and dedication as the aptitude factor is the sole criteria now to judge candidates in the prelims exam.

Consulting any senior and successful candidate, Reading the toppers testimonials and going through previous IAS exam papers is always helpful for developing the right concept. It's not necessary to cover the entire syllabus in the exam, because the expectations of UPSC are not possible to overcome in real sense. But candidate needs to analyze his strengths and then to focus upon them to facilitate his success in this exam rather than trying to prepare everything.

Remember, the recruiters are only assessing one's personality and not judging it finally. Because the personality of a person keeps changing throughout his whole life. Thus every candidate must analyze himself if he is right for this job or not. This assessment can be done in the attempt or two, and if no positive signs are seen in initial attempts, the candidate must leave trying back to back and try something that suites his personality. Because more than anything it's about something that lies inside that the recruiters are able to see even the candidate doesn't know it. It's the reason why some candidates make it to IAS in the first attempt itself, and many people aren't able to go through even after seven attempts.

Thus, candidates must not waste numerous years for IAS preparation in various coaching institutes. Specially lower and middle class candidates should think carefully and not to sit with it after two or three unsuccessful attempts. As the IAS toppers say that success is about analyzing the competition and strengths and then preparing structurally for every stage with a right concept in mind.

All the Best for your Success!!!!
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?