23rd August 2011, 11:50 AM
herojitlai

Is this possible to appear for IAS Exam having secured 44% in Graduation? Best books to prepare for this Exam being a candidate of BCA?

i have score 44% in graduate is it possible to appear ias exam and suggest me the best book concern to bca

Related Questions:
  1. How to prepare for IAS exam? What is the eligibility criteria for IAS exam?
  2. IAS officer after graduation in commerce?
  3. Can I apply for IAS examination after diploma ? -- [Most Discussed]
  4. How to prepare for IAS entrance exam? Subjects to be chosen? Requirements and books to be referred?
  5. Does MBBS course considered to be a graduation or not? Am I eligible for IAS if I have completed MBBS? -- [New]
  6. What to do to become an IAS officer being a candidate of pursuing 1st year B.Tech? Competitive books to prepare for IAS Exam?
  7. Study material to be referred for IAS entrance exam? How to prepare for it?
  8. How should I prepare to become an IAS Officer being a candidate having completed Graduation and pursuing MA in English? How to get study materials to prepare for this Exam?
  9. Details of IAS exam? Which books are to be referred?
  10. How to prepare for IAS exam? Books to be referred?
  11. Can I become successful in IAS or IES Exam being a candidate having secured 45% in 12th Board Exam?
  12. Can I try doing IAS when I am 35 years old woman candidate?
  13. How much percentage is required in Graduation and Post Graduation for UGC NET exam?
  14. How to prepare for IAS Exam being a candidate pursuing 1st year of Engineering in IT stream?
  15. How to prepare for IAS entrance exam? Book to be referred for the same?
  16. Books from which I have to prepare for IAS exam? Which exam do I have to write?
  17. Procedure to become IAS officer after BCA?
  18. How to prepare for IAS? Exam pattern and required marks to pass the exam? Which books to prepare for IAS Exam?
23rd August 2011, 05:28 PM
aditya436
Senior Member++++

Arrow Re: Is this possible to appear for IAS Exam having secured 44% in Graduation? Best books to prepare for this Exam being a candidate of BCA?

Quote:
Originally Posted by herojitlai View Post
i have score 44% in graduate is it possible to appear ias exam and suggest me the best book concern to bca
As per my knowledge there is no rule regarding cutoff percentage in the examination code of Civil service examination which is conducted by UPSC.

There is no significance for Degree marks in civil services but it would be good if you have good marks .

As in your case you are eligible and should do well in the three levels of the examination because as you have less percentage you should not be kicked out when the situation of competition arises between or among other competitors in that way you have to prepare for the exams.

I guess BCA stands for Bachelors of Computer applications
you know or not but in Civil services examination there are no optionals which are directly related to your subject so you will not find the syllabus of your bachelors degree.

first of all you need to clear Prelims exam which is now called CSAT for this entrance exam the syllabus is common for all the stream candidates.

so you have to select the optionals for the second level of the examination.
after selecting the optionals then you have to think about books for those subjects.

the optional subjects are as follows

Mathematics
Agriculture
Animal Husbandry and Veterinary Science
Botany
Chemistry
Civil Engineering
Commerce
Economics
Electrical Engineering
Geography
Geology
Indian History
Law
Mathematics
Management
Mechanical Engineering
Medical Science
Philosophy
Physics
Political Science
Psychology
Public administration.

after selecting any two optional's from the above we can suggest some books.

I hope you Understood.

all the best

Regards

~AdityA~
23rd August 2011, 06:13 PM
Sehwag6

Default Re: Is this possible to appear for IAS Exam having secured 44% in Graduation? Best books to prepare for this Exam being a candidate of BCA?

For ias eligibility is graduation only . There is no percentage specified for ias by civil services.the exams are conducted by union public service commission. And age limit is 21 to 30years. You are perfectly eligible for ias. All the best.....
23rd August 2011, 07:31 PM
maddusajj
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Is this possible to appear for IAS Exam having secured 44% in Graduation? Best books to prepare for this Exam being a candidate of BCA?

hi..you surely can appera for the ias examination if you have completed your graduation and your age is more than 21 years and less than years ,because there is no rule for any percentage to appear in the indian administartive services examination and also the subject from which you have don your graduation does not matter because you can take any subject of your choice in this examination ,the subject should be included in the list of subjecst given in the examination brochure released by the union public service commission ,
i would also like to recommend you to join some good coaching centre like the chanakya academy or the alternate coaching centre because they will really guide in an very good and systematic manner in the preperation of the examination ,because seeeing your graduation marks i dont get any confidence that you will be able to clear the examination if you prepare on your own and hence if you are really serious about the ias exam then its better join some coaching as soon as possible ,most of the ias coaching centres are located in the mukherjee nagar area of new delhi
Attached Files
File Type: pdf cs2011_eng.pdf(346.2 KB, 51 views)
16th December 2011, 05:14 PM
Unregistered

What should be d %ge to appear in IES exam?
12th May 2012, 12:15 AM
Radhakrishna143

For ias eligibility is graduation only . There is no
percentage specified for ias by civil services.the
exams are conducted by union public service
commission. And age limit is 21 to 30years. You
are perfectly eligible for ias. All the best.....
12th May 2012, 12:17 AM
Radhakrishna143

hi..you surely can appera for the ias examination
if you have completed your graduation and your
age is more than 21 years and less than
years ,because there is no rule for any
percentage to appear in the indian administartive
services examination and also the subject from which you have don your graduation does not
matter because you can take any subject of your
choice in this examination ,the subject should be
included in the list of subjecst given in the
examination brochure released by the union
public service commission , i would also like to recommend you to join some
good coaching centre like the chanakya academy
or the alternate coaching centre because they will
really guide in an very good and systematic
manner in the preperation of the
examination ,because seeeing your graduation marks i dont get any confidence that you will be
able to clear the examination if you prepare on
your own and hence if you are really serious
about the ias exam then its better join some
coaching as soon as possible ,most of the ias
coaching centres are located in the mukherjee nagar area of new delhi
28th January 2013, 05:55 PM
mayankt

Hi,
Yes it is possible to appear for IAS Exam having secured 44% in Graduation coz mark denote matter the only thing matter and that is graduation from recognised university in any stream
If you want to become an IAS officer for that you have to apply for civil services exam

Civil Services Exam Will be held in Three Round .
1. Preliminary Exam
2. Main Examination
3. Interview Test
1. Preliminary Exam - This is an objective type questions based test which if the candidate passes, qualifies tothe second phase.
2. Main Exam - This is a subjective type questions based test which if the candidate passes, passes to the third phase after clear this you can go for interview round
ELIGIBILITY CRITERIA
#Qualification
Candidate must have graduation Degree in any stream,No specific marks are required,Final year students are also eligible
#.Age Limits
For gen-21-30 years
For obc- 21-33 years
For sc/st- 21-35 years
#.Attempts
General- 4
Obc- 7
Sc/st- no limit

Best book for Civil services Exam:-
#.CSAT: Interpersonal, Communication, Problem Solving and Decision Making Skills (Paper 2)
by
Shalini Verma
Publisher: Pearson

#.UPSC Portal CSAT Comprehensive Manual: IAS Preliminary Examination 2013 (Paper - 2)
by
Sachchida Nand Jha
Publisher: UPSC Portal

#.UPSC Portal CSAT General Studies Manual: IAS Preliminary Examination 2013 (Paper - 1)
by
Jha, Jha
Publisher: UPSC Portal

#.UPSC Syllabus Civil Service Examination
by
Student Aid Publications
Publisher: Student Aid Publications

Notification for the next exam will come out on 2nd February 2013
Prelims exams will be held on 19th May 2013
Mains will held on
08-11-2013

for Previous Years Question Papers you can refer www.upsc.gov.in
You can fill the online application form fromthe official website www.upsconline.nic.in

Good Luck...
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?