21st November 2010, 09:32 PM
khan123

Completed BCA and studying B.Tech through distance course :Am I eligible for Civil Sercives exam?

I have completed B.C.A .and now i am studying in B-TECH (distance course) from rajasthan .can i sit in IPS/IAS EXAM.If i can please advise me how to prepare.if not tel me what i have to do for IPS/IAS.

THANKS

Related Questions:
  1. Am I eligible to give the Bank PO exam after passing BCA with distance?
  2. Can I do B.Tech course in distance after completing diploma?
  3. Am i eligible for MSc computer science? I have completed BCA through distance education
  4. Which one is better for me from job point of view between BCA Distance and BCA Regular? Will I be eligible to apply for Bank, SSC, UPSC exam after BCA in distance mode?
  5. Am I eligible for CAT after studying B.Tech from civil branch?
  6. Am I eligible to give IPS Exam being a candidate pursuing 3rd year of B.Tech in Distance Learning from KSOU?
  7. Am I eligible to give SSC Exam being a candidate having completed BCA from a Distance Learning Institute?
  8. Can I study Diploma in Civil Engineering being a BCA graduate?
  9. Can i study BCA after taking Arts in my Intermediate?
  10. List of colleges in Hyderabad offering B,Tech course through distance learning? -- [Most Discussed]
  11. Am I eligible to study full time MCA being a distance BCA graduate with Arts background? Where to apply?
  12. Am I eligible for TCS off campus recruitment after completion of BCA in distance mode? -- [New]
  13. Possibility to study PG for BCA(Distance) holder? What are the scopes available for PG?
  14. Can I apply for Civil Services after doing B.Tech through distance and 12th from AP?
  15. Can I be eligible for GATE exam after completing BCA with 8.5 CGPA?
  16. Am I eligible for JELET exam if cleared diploma in Civil from Institution of Civil Engineers(India) with 62%?
  17. What is the eligibility criteria for civil engineering exam?
  18. Eligibility for WBCS exam after BCA (completed in 2010)?
24th November 2010, 11:22 PM
Pathfinder
Senior Member++++

Default Re: Completed BCA and studying B.Tech through distance course :Am I eligible for Civil Sercives exam?

Yes you are eligible for IAS entrance exam. As the eligibility criteria says you must be a graduate to appear for IAS which you are and it doesnt matter whether you completed your B.Tech from regular course or distance education.

Now coming to How to Prepare for IAS

First of all you must make it to point to choose the right optional for yourself as this is the main stage which if you complete your half work is done.

After you choose the optionals you must work on your General Studies part. Well the general studies portion can be done from NCERT or 12th books.I would suggest you to highlight the important points in the textbook which will help you further during las minuite preparations and also avoid your time wastage. Thats for the prelims part

Now coming to preparations of Mains. Once you cleared the Prelims you will get lots of extra confidence which will u in preparation.

For mains the best suggestion is dont ignore the optionals. Focus more on you optionals.
Try to make yourself stong in Economy,Statistical Analysis and and science and technology as these are the tough parts but still you can work on it. Read national dalies and magazines followed by NCERT books and recommended books for CSE preparation.

So make it a practice to keep your general knowledge level higher and surely you will crack the exam
25th November 2010, 07:03 AM
asahu47
Senior Member+++

Default Re: Completed BCA and studying B.Tech through distance course :Am I eligible for Civil Sercives exam?

hii

Yes you are eligible for IAS entrance exam. As the eligibility criteria says you must be a graduate to appear for IAS

good luck.
25th November 2010, 07:15 AM
subho19
Senior Member+++

the minimum requirement for appling IPS/IAS is graduate,you are also a graduate student,so,why you can't join!!!!
prepare very well your math & analytical from the privious year questions...
25th November 2010, 09:58 AM
deep_4
Senior Member+++++

Yes off course you can go for UPSC exam.
Minimum education criteria = Graduate
Maximum age criteria = 28yrs (for General category and I think it is 32 years for SC/ ST categories)..
SO prepare well. and It consist of two paper and each paper of Two hrs..

(Paper 1) (200 marks) consists of
Current events.
History
Geography
Indian Polity and governance
Economic and social development
and General science.

(Paper II) (200 marks)
Comprehension
Logical reasoning and analytical ability
Decision making and problem solving
General mental ability
Basic numeracy(Class X level)
English language comprehension skills
25th November 2010, 11:24 AM
JAMESS
Senior Member+++++

yea you are eligible. the eligibility criterion to appear in civil service examination like IPS or IAS you must be graduate from a recognized institution. it does not matter you have completed it in regular or distance education.

as you have already completed BCA then now you are graduate. so you are eligible for these examination now. your B.Tech degree is not require to appear in the examination.

to clear the civil service examination you must be expert in various subject. you have to study history, geography, economics, political science etc. above all you have to very much stronger in general knowledge. for this you should study newspaper regularly.

beside this you have to practice model question papers and suggestion papers. you may join in coaching center. they will provide a good study material and model question papers. you must be strong enough in every subject to clear the examination.

in interview session mainly general knowledge question is asked. sometime question may arise from history or geography of india. it is not a easy examination, the competition is very high.

best wishes.
19th December 2010, 10:12 PM
pallashruthi

hai sir iam studying btech 3rd year can i apply for government jobs
i mean not yet completed btech can i eligible for appliying jobs
20th December 2010, 04:26 PM
subho19
Senior Member+++

Wink Re: Completed BCA and studying B.Tech through distance course :Am I eligible for Civil Sercives exam?

Quote:
Originally Posted by pallashruthi View Post
Dear friend,
Now you are a student of B.tech 3rd year,you can apply because this is not effective because you cannot join their after completing your course....
It would be better if you apply next year,4th year...
20th December 2010, 06:34 PM
mini rani
Senior Member++

hi!

Yes, of course you can appear for civil services exam conducted by UPSC.

CSE eligibility:
The candidate must hold a bachelors degree in any discipline obtained from a recognized Universities.

The first phase of CSE exam is called CSAT(earlier it was called prelims exam).

The examination structure of CSAT comprises of one paper consisting of questions from general studies and the other paper focusing on the aptitude skills of the students.

So, to prepare for CSE you must have good knowledge of general science & current affairs plus you must also have good aptitude.
20th December 2010, 07:10 PM
JAMESS
Senior Member+++++

Quote:
Originally Posted by pallashruthi View Post
for every job there is given date on which you have to show your all original documents of your career. now if you can complete your B.Tech before that date and if you have the degree certificate then you are eligible. if you only apply job through your graduation degree then you need original graduate pass certificate.

but if you want to apply for government job with your 10+2 level degree then surely you are eligible for job. there is no problem for applying job.

there are some cases where government organization or private organization recruit students those are in third year of engineering. they just give the offer letter on third year after selection and selected candidate may join after completion of their B.Tech. for this type of job you may apply. but this will be clearly written on the notification of job.

best wishes.
20th December 2010, 08:22 PM
priyanka_swengg
Senior Member+++++

Yes,you are eligible for civil services exam as any Graduate from a recognised university or a college in India is the minimum eligibility criteria for civil services exam.
He/She should be 21years to 30 yrs of age at the time of appearing in the UPSC held Civil Services Examination.

UPSC conduct CIVILSERVICE exam for top service like IAS,IPS,IFS and for other government jobs.Even this onwards the pattern of exam also changed as it doesnot have any special subject and the paper will be same for all the candidates.
20th December 2010, 11:45 PM
solution
Senior Member++++

hello friend

after B.Tech through distance course you Can eligible for Civil Sercives exam.

as the criteria which is required for Civil Sercives exam IS GIVEN BELOW

1.graduation from UGC or AICTE approved recognition universities required.

2.minimum 60% marks in graduation is required.

all the best.......
21st December 2010, 12:04 AM
ndpiparava

hi dear,Yes you are eligible for IAS entrance exam. As the eligibility criteria says you must be a graduate to appear for IAS which you are and it doesnt matter whether you completed your B.Tech from regular course or distance education.
29th January 2011, 01:05 PM
Unregistered

i have completed my distance b.tech... i would like to know whether i'm eligible to join my P.G(M.Tech) regularly???
15th March 2011, 04:17 PM
Unregistered

i m cs honoours with 56.4% marks ,am i able for civil service!
10th May 2011, 01:01 PM
Unregistered

I have completed intemediate from andhara pradesh and i have done my btech in distance. Can i apply for civils or is there any any problem in that?
1st July 2011, 08:41 PM
Unregistered

can i eligable for studing M.sc in biotechnology ,after completing my B.sc generel with microbiology,chemistry and botany papers?
10th July 2011, 09:54 AM
Unregistered

I AM A DIPLOMA IN MECHANICAL. I M NOW WORKING UNDER A PSU COMPANY & CONTINUING A B.TECH COURSE THROUGH DISTANCE. CAN I APPEAR FOR GATE?.
29th July 2011, 06:51 PM
Unregistered

DEAR SIR,
i am ajay sharma doing bba and i want to become an ips officer please tell me about the prelims and mains for exam and also guide me on the optional subject please send me the details on my id - [email protected]
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?