16th August 2011, 11:48 PM
Unregistered

What should I do to prepare for IES with Electronics and Instrumentation branch?

what should i do if i want 2 prepare for ies with electronics and instrumentation branch as its mainly for 4 mentioned branch mech,civil,electrical ad en,?

Related Questions:
  1. How may I get IES Syllabus for Electronics and instrumentation engineering? I've done B.Tech(Electronics and instrumentation)
  2. Am I eligible to appear in IES exam if pursuing B.E. in Electronics & Instrumentation Engineering?
  3. Can engineers from Instrumentation and Contol Engineering apply from any discipline in IES Indian Engineering Servces?
  4. Am I eligible to appear IES examination with B.E. in Electronics and Instrumentation?
  5. Can electronics and instrumentation branch students apply for IES serve? What are the other options available for UPSC exam?
  6. Can a person pursuing B.Tech in instrumentation and control engineering branch apply for IES?
  7. Can I apply for IES and UPSC exam after passing B.Tech 3rd year with Electronics and Instrumentation branch?
  8. Can Electronics and Instrumentation Engineering candidates apply for IES Exam?
  9. Can i apply for IES exam, I am doing electronics and instrumentation engineering? -- [Most Discussed]
  10. Can Instrumentation Engineering student apply for IES examination?
  11. Which branch of engineering is best for IES 2016 among Electrical and Electronics & Communication? -- [New]
  12. Which branch to apply for IES after engineering (instrumentation and control)? How to get the application forms?
  13. Can a B.Tech Electronics and Instrumentation engineering student do B.Arch?
  14. Which branch should I go for in M.Tech if I am graduate in Electronics and Instrumentation branch?
  15. Am I eligible for IES Exam having completed B.Tech in Electronics and Instrumentation Engineering?
  16. Will this be a right option for me of preparing for IES Exam being a candidate having completed Engineering in Electronics Instrumentation and Control?
  17. Can I apply for IES Exam being a candidate of pursuing BE in Instrumentation Technology?
  18. What type of jobs are available after qualifying IES examination? I am doing B.Tech in electronics and instrumentation engineering
14th October 2011, 07:26 PM
imira
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: What should I do to prepare for IES with Electronics and Instrumentation branch?

IES exam is one of the most competitive examinations which are conducted in the country. This exam is conducted by the UPSC. Hence you need o be thoroughly prepared before attempting this exam. You should be strong and well versed in the concerned subject area and core concepts related to the electronics and communication branches. Apart from this be well prepared in areas of numerical, reasoning, current affairs, language skills etc. Do refer and practice with previous year question papers.
15th October 2011, 05:18 PM
saasmari
Senior Member++

Default Re: What should I do to prepare for IES with Electronics and Instrumentation branch?

Dear pal, ies is conducted under the four category namely civil,mechanical, electrical, electronics and telecommunication. You can write under electronics and telecommunication. The exam consist of two papers. The syllabus for
paper 1
Materials and Components ,
Physical Electronics, Electron Devices and ICs,
Signals and Systems
Classification of signals and systems,

Network theory
Network analysis techniques,
Telltaining a network function from a given part,
Electromagnetic Theory
Analysis of electrostatic and magnetostatic field,
Electronic Measurements andinstrumentation
Basic concepts, standards.
PAPER - II
Analog Electronic Circuits ,
Digital Electronic Circuits ,
Transistor, computer engineering,
Microwave Engineering ,
Communication Systems ,
Control Systems.
10th February 2014, 02:35 AM
Unregistered

i am an electronics and instrumentation student. can i write the ies exam with electrical branch?
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?