11th February 2018, 04:59 PM
Unregistered

How can I proceed to study Law after passing out my 12th from Science stream?

I am a student of class 12 from CBSE. I want to do LLB or say Law after passing my class 12th and I am a science student having Biology. Am I eligible? If yes, than how can I proceed for LLB or Law studies after completing my 12th?

21st February 2018, 09:00 PM
queen199
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: How can I proceed to study Law after passing out my 12th from Science stream?

Yes, you are eligible to pursue B.A LLB course after 12th from a recognised board.

B.A LLB is five year duration course. Candidates after qualifying in CLAT, BHU LAT are eligible for admission in the course.

For admission in LLB course the required qualification is that candidate must have passed bachelor degree from a recognised university.

There is no age limit to appear for examination. So, if you want to get admission in LLB course, you have to pursue bachelor degree.
22nd February 2018, 12:47 PM
AWNISH RANJAN CHAUDHARY
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: How can I proceed to study Law after passing out my 12th from Science stream?

The full form of LLB is Bachelor of Law.

You can apply for Common Law Admission Test to get admission in five years LLB course. CLAT is all India level entrance examination for admission in top law colleges of India. The eligibility criteria is:

1. You must be either 12th passed from any stream or appearing for board exam.

2. Minimum of 45% marks in board exam is required.

You can apply for CLAT 2018 exam.
22nd February 2018, 07:16 PM
Rab Rakha
Senior Member+++

LLB refers to Bachelor of legislative law and same is professional bachelor degree course after completing which one heads towards becoming a lawyer.

As far as you concerned about your eligibility for pursuing LLB degree course being a student of higher secondary school degree in Science stream with Biology group then I would like to let you know that you are certainly eligible for pursuing LLB degree course of five years i.e; BA.LLB degree course after completion of your Class 12th as for pursuing LLB degree course of five years, the educational qualification required is a higher secondary school degree in any discipline from a recognized board of education.

Further for pursuing LLB degree course from top universities of India you need to qualify entrance examination like CLAT, BHU UET, BU BA LLB entrance examination, etc. by satisfying their respective admission criteria.
22nd February 2018, 09:45 PM
ranjan Ayush
Senior Member+++++

No, you are not eligible to get admission in LLB course after 12th.

The required minimum qualification to get admission in LLB course is that candidate must have passed bachelor degree from a recognised university.

But, you are eligible to get admission in B.A. LLB course which is a five-year duration course. Candidates can appear and qualify for CLAT to get admission in course.

The qualification to appear for CLAT is that candidate must have passed 12th with minimum 45%.

For more information regarding CLAT visit at http://www.clat.ac.in.
22nd February 2018, 10:31 PM
Angry Girl
Senior Member+++++

No, you are not eligible for LLB after passing 12th from Science stream.

But you are eligible for pursuing BA LLB.

In order to get admission in Law colleges in India for the BA LLB course, you would have to appear in CLAT entrance exam. Your performance in CLAT would decide which college gives you admission.

Eligibility:

You must have complete 12th standard to apply for BA LLB course.

Must score at least 50% marks in 12th board.

Age limit: 20years

Relaxation is allowed for reserved category.
22nd February 2018, 10:35 PM
sampathkumar29
Senior Member+++++

Yes, you are eligible for studying L.L.B. degree after completing 12th class in science stream.

L.L.B. (Bachelor of Legislative Law) is divided into two courses like 3 years and 5 years degree.

Since you have completed your 12th class education, you can study 5 years degree.

The basic eligibility requirements for studying 5 years is a 10+2 or its equivalent education in any discipline with 50% from any recognised board.

The admissions are given based on the entrance exam performance. Most of the universities give admissions based on the entrance exam performance like CLAT, LAWCET, LSAT, AILET and etc.,

You need to first apply for the exam and qualify in merit. Based on your performance you need to attend counseling and you’ll be given admission into any university.

Some of the top universities which offer this course are given below:

- National Law School of India university, Bangalore
- University of Delhi, New Delhi
- NALSAR university of law, Hyderabad
- The West Bengal national university of juridical sciences, Kolkata
- The National law institute university, Bhopal
- Symbiosis law school, Pune
- Gujarat National law university, Gandhinagar
- Banaras Hindu University, Varanasi
- National Law University, New Delhi
- Sinhgad Law college, Pune
- Amity Law School, Noida
23rd February 2018, 09:06 AM
avinash1997
Senior Member+++++

Being a student of Class 12th with Science stream you are certainly eligible for pursuing LLB ( Bachelor of legislative law ) degree course of five years after completion of your Class 12th with 45% marks ( or 40% marks in case SC/ST/PH category candidates ).

Further, for pursuing the same degree course from top universities like NLUs ( National Law University), Delhi University, BHU ( Banaras Hindu University ), etc., you need to qualify their respective entrance examinations which are CLAT (Common Law Admission Test), DU LLB entrance examination, BHU-UET respectively. Also, for details regarding these entrance examinations, you can refer to their respective official link.
23rd February 2018, 07:58 PM
MNB1234

You can apply for the CLAT exams 2018.

CLAT 2018 exams is on 13th May 2018

Forms are being filled right now through online mode.
Last date to apply is 31st March 2018

12th passed candidates of any stream can apply for the CLAT Exams 2018
Minimum marks required is 45 % in class 12th.
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?