28th April 2013, 11:07 PM
neutro

How can I start preparation for GATE exam? I am a 2nd year electrical engineering student

sir, i am niloy, i am an 2nd year electrical engineering student under wbut . please suggest me how can i start my gate exam preparation from now? what are the good books in gate ee exam preparation?

Related Questions:
  1. How to start preparation for GATE Exam? -- [Most Discussed]
  2. Shall I start GATE preparation from 2nd year of engineering?
  3. Can I get admission in IIT for M.Tech I am a 2nd year student
  4. Should I start preparation for GATE being a B.E. 2nd year student? Is it a barrier if having backlog in B.E. 1st year? -- [New]
  5. Books to be referred fro GATE? I am a student of 2nd year electrical engineering
  6. How should I start preparation for GATE exam? I am a civil engineering student of 2nd year
  7. How to start preparation for civils exam? I am a 2nd year engineering student
  8. How to prepare for GATE Exam from 2nd year of Engineering? Important topics for GATE Exam for Mechanical stream? How to manage time to prepare for GATE Exam?
  9. Books to be referred for electrical engineering? I am pursuing B.E in electrical engineering
  10. How to start preparation for GATE exam? I am a student of Industrial Engineering
  11. What should be my first step towards IAS preparation? I am 2nd year electrical engineering student
  12. How to appear for GATE examination? I am a 2nd year electrical engineering student
  13. How to start preparation for GATE Exam being a candidate of B.Tech 2nd year?
  14. How to start preparation for CDS exam? I am a student of B.Com 2nd year
  15. How should I prepare for GATE exam?
  16. How to become an IAS officer after passing electrical engineering? How to start preparation for UPSC entrance
  17. How to start the preparation for LEET exam? I am a student of diploma 2nd year ECE
  18. How can I start preparation for GATE without taking coaching? I am a 2nd year ECE student
29th April 2013, 05:28 AM
Aswiniteju
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: How can I start preparation for GATE exam? I am a 2nd year electrical engineering student

Hello Dear Dude ...

Yeah

Of course

Definitely you can Start preparing from now

The SUCCESS generally lies in the PREPARATION

As you are still in the 2nd year ... you have lot of time

And also YOU MUST VERY CONCENTRATE THE CLASS SUBJECTS ... TECHNICAL SUBJECTS

Kindly follow the below books ---

GATE TOPIC WISE SOLVED PAPERS -- ELECTRICAL ENGINEERING

R.GUPTA'S GATE ELECTRICAL ENGINEERING

GATE 2013 BY ACE ENGINEERING ACADEMY

GATE ELECTRICAL ENGINEERING BY MADE EASY PUBLICATIONS

ALL THE VERY GOOD LUCK
29th April 2013, 12:36 PM
aashisranjan784
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: How can I start preparation for GATE exam? I am a 2nd year electrical engineering student

Dear Friend

Do not worry friend ,I will provide you the important details that will definitely help you in GATE exam preparation:

I would appreciate you as you have taken an early initiative and have made your goal clear that is to appear for the GATE exams and crack it.

But for this exam ,you have to build your own concept,shortcuts,regarding each and every topic which you read .From the second year your core subjects will started .So you need to give much more time on your core subjects in comparison to applied science subjects.

>>Go through the books of each subjects which I have mentioned here .You can also download videos regarding topics from the NPTEL for better concepts.

As GATE exam is of objective type ,so please see the previous year papers and try to solve it after reading the topic and gain accuracy .

You can also join the best institute for the GATE preparation that is MADE EASY .Please two hours daily on GATE exam preparation other your studies of college.

Here is the best books for electrical engineering:

>>Electrical materials: S.P Seth

>>Microprocessors: Goankar

>>Electrical Machines : I.J Nagrath and P kothari

>>EMFT: Sadiku

>>Analog and digital electronics: Morris Mano

>>Control system : Morris Mano

>>Power electronics:P.S Bhimbra

>>Electrical circuits : D.Roy choudhary

>>Instrumentation and measurement: A.K Sawhney

>>Communication system: B.P Lathi

Hope the information helps as well as satisfies you .If you have any other query regarding this please leave it here .We will reply you as soon as possible .

All the best for you career.

aashisranjan784
13th July 2013, 06:27 PM
Unregistered

Its my 1st year engineering in mechanical, so what should I do for rising my own skills?
3rd August 2013, 08:17 PM
Unregistered

I am student of computer science 2nd year suggest me books for it ?
6th August 2013, 09:54 PM
Unregistered

I am a 2nd year electronic engineering student. How can I start preparation for GATE exam? plzzzzzzzz suggest me on which subject i must concentrate more.........
11th August 2013, 12:53 AM
Unregistered

sir am in 3 year of electrical engineering and i don't hav any know about how to study it please tell me the path. am very much motivated towards GATE
11th August 2013, 10:42 AM
kasipati arun

Hi friend,you have a question,you should deffinately start your gate exam from now onwards,best books to prefer s.k.mondal question bank since in this various types of questions are there according to concept,so you will better improve concept levels and you should give a answers for various reasioning questions.try these...........
11th August 2013, 04:05 PM
Dharm27
Senior Member+++++

Quote:
Originally Posted by neutro View Post
sir, i am niloy, i am an 2nd year electrical engineering student under wbut . please suggest me how can i start my gate exam preparation from now? what are the good books in gate ee exam preparation?

Dear Aspirant,

GATE is stands for the Graduate Aptitude Test For Engineering which is conducted for getting Admission in the Higher Study that is Master Degree in the field of Engineering that is Master of Engineering (ME), Master of Technology (M.Tech)......

::::: TIPS FOR PREPARATION :::::

## GATE exam test your Fundamentals so, you have to get your fundamentals right, Read the Basic Fundamentals of your Main Subjects that is EE.....

## Use of Different Study Materials, you can use various materials for the better preparation of GATE some Good books for the Preparation are here i have listed Below.....

## GATE is the Test for your Thinking Ability so, it is better to solve Quality based Question instead of solving the Simple one.....

## You can also join some GOOD Coaching Institute....

## Refer the previous years Question paper for better Understanding of Exam pattern and Question types.....

## From the year 2014 GATE is going to conduct online based so, be aware with it.....

Best Books for GATE Electrical Engineering:-

GATE Electrical Engineering (2014)
Author: G. K. P
Publisher: G. K. Publications (2013)
Price: Rs. 525

GATE Electrical Engineering: Chapterwise Previous Years' Solved Papers (2013 - 2000)
Author: Manish Purbey
Publisher: Arihant (2013)
Price: Rs. 149

GATE Electrical Engineering (2014) Solved Papers 2000 - 2013
Author: G K P
Publisher: G. K. Publications (2013)
Price: Rs. 153

A Complete Guide to The GATE Electrical Engineering 1st Edition
Author: Trishna Knowledge Systems
Publisher: Pearson (2012)
Price: Rs. 728

All the best

With Regards.....
DHARM
13th December 2013, 10:45 PM
Unregistered

i'm a 2nd year student of cse... can you please guide me on how to prepare for gate?
13th December 2013, 10:46 PM
Unregistered

i'm a 2nd year student of cse... can you please guide me on how to prepare for gate?
5th January 2014, 10:11 AM
nareshsunrise
Senior Member++

GATE stands for Graduate Aptitude Test in Engineering. This exam is being conducted to give admission for the candidates for M.Tech course.

The minimum academic qualification that is required for the candidates to apply for GATE Exam is completion of Graduation in Engineering.

Candidates who are pursuing final year of Engineering course are also eligible to apply for this exam.

There is no limit on the number of attempts for GATE Exam so you can take this exam as many times as you wanted.

GATE score card is valid for 2 years in the sense if you have taken GATE Exam in 2 consecutive years, you can use the GATE score whichever is better to get admission for M.Tech course.

IITs are the top colleges to join M.Tech course.

As you are pursuing 2nd year of Electrical Engineering, it is the right time for you to start the preparation.

As for preparation, some of the guidelines for you are
-Put much concentration towards the subjects which are having more weightage in GATE Exam.

-Try to be strong enough in fundamentals why because many of the questions in GATE Exam are logical oriented based on fundamentals.

-Have strong preparation of previous year GATE Exam papers so that you will come to know how the questions will be asked in GATE Exam.

-Try to join in Coaching Institute which will make your preparation too easy.

Wish you all the best.
26th January 2014, 06:50 PM
Unregistered

sir, my name is pawan and i read in 3rd year mechanical trade. can u give me some previous papers to crack the GATE 2015 exam ? my E-mail id is [email protected]. thank you !
3rd July 2014, 09:44 PM
Unregistered

sir,i am about to start 2nd year now in ECE engineering. how i should start gate preparation?
which type of books are to studied?,which institution i have choose to start gate,as i live in r.k puram,astha laskmi khaman (dilsuknagar zone) HYD
I AM EARLY WAITING FOR REPLY?send me to [email protected]
11th May 2015, 10:20 AM
Unregistered

Sir I am a 2nd year civil engineering student and I want to preparation for GATE from now. So which books are help me for preparation of gate exam and also my 2nd year studies ?
23rd April 2017, 08:51 PM
Unregistered

I am 2nd EEE student. Is that possible for me to crack gate exam if I prepare from now?And I have one more doubt that Is that gate score is helpful for pursuing career or only for higher studies?
7th October 2020, 10:08 AM
Unregistered

How can I start preparation for gate exam ? I am 2nd year civil student
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?