23rd January 2013, 04:30 PM
saraangel1994

How to appear for GATE examination? I am a 2nd year electrical engineering student

Hello Sir, I am a second year electrical engineering student. I want to appear in gate examination. Please tell me tips to prepare for gate and the names of the standard books for prepration.

Related Questions:
  1. Books to be referred fro GATE? I am a student of 2nd year electrical engineering
  2. How can I start preparation for GATE exam? I am a 2nd year electrical engineering student
  3. Previous 5 year papers of GATE with solution (Electrical Engineering)?
  4. List of top companies for summer training for B.Tech(Electrical engineering) 2nd year student?
  5. How to prepare for GATE while in 2nd year Mechanical Engineering?
  6. Books to be referred for electrical engineering? I am pursuing B.E in electrical engineering
  7. What are the strategies to prepare for GATE Electrical entrance exam?
  8. Can I get admission in 2nd year of B.Tech at PEC through LEET being a diploma student in Electrical Engineering? Examination date and syllabus of LEET?
  9. Should I start preparation for GATE being a B.E. 2nd year student? Is it a barrier if having backlog in B.E. 1st year?
  10. How should I prepare for GATE? I am a final year electrical engineering student
  11. Shall I start GATE preparation from 2nd year of engineering?
  12. List of companies a B.Tech(Electricial engineer) 2nd year student can apply for summer internship program?
  13. Internships for Electrical Engineers near Mumbai or Nasik
  14. How to do summer training from Kolkata? I am a 2nd year electrical engineering student
  15. What should be my first step towards IAS preparation? I am 2nd year electrical engineering student
  16. Detailed procedure to apply for Internship in DRDO for B.Tech(Electrical Engineering) 2nd year student? -- [New]
  17. How many years will M.Tech take to complete? -- [Most Discussed]
  18. Companies which offer Internship for B.Tech(Electrical Engineering) 2nd year student in Kolkata?
28th February 2013, 04:21 PM
imira
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: How to appear for GATE examination? I am a 2nd year electrical engineering student

You can attend GATE by 4th year. Preparations for the exam can be done on the basis of exam pattern and syllabus. Set up a convenient time table covering all topics. Practice previous year questions or model questions for better time management. Books prescribed under B.Tech or other competitive guides can be used for study.
28th February 2013, 06:53 PM
sandeepsaini.saini522
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: How to appear for GATE examination? I am a 2nd year electrical engineering student

hi,

you can not apply gate exam in the 2nd year,

you must be passes your engineering degree.

GATE means Graduate Aptitude Test in Engineering

Eligibility for GATE :-

You must have a degree in engineering or technology or architecture from a recognized university or equivalent qualification OR

You must have a master degree in Science/Mathematics/Computer Science/Statistics from a recognized university or equivalent qualification.

Those in the final year of engineering or post graduate degree can also apply for this examination.

There is no age limits for this examination.
28th February 2013, 07:41 PM
sanj69
Senior Member+

GATE - Graduate Aptitude Test In Engineering conducted by IIT and IndianInstitute of Scienec for admission to M.Tech. Courses in IITs , NITs and other reputed Institutions.

The eligible candidate must be an Indian National having either appear for the final B.Tech Degree exam or pass in any stream of Engineering from a recognised University.

So as you are pursing 2nd year Electrical Engineering, at the final year of B.Tech. Engineering you are eligible to apply for GATE.
28th February 2013, 08:30 PM
aashisranjan784
Senior Member+++++

Dear Friend

GATE stands for the Graduate Aptitude test in Engineering.You can applying for this examination while pursuing you final year of graduation.

It good to see that you are concerned about your future goals.Since you are in second year so you have two years left that is enough for preparation of GATE exams.

If you clear this exam ,you will have two advantages:

1.You can pursue your Master of technology from IIT.

2.You can enter the various PSU through GATE scorecard.

In order to prepare for the GATE exams,you should join a good Institute ,MADE EASY will be the best.

Develop strong concepts on each and every topic of each important subjects.Try to solve previous year question papers related to subjects which you have read ,it will boost up your confidence.

Try to download the lectures from NPTEL and watch it.

Best books are as below:

1.Electrical and measuring instruments: A.K Sawhney

2.Analog and digital electronics: Sedra Smith

3.Network analsyis: Van Valken Burg

4.Electrical material: R.K Rajput

5.Microprocessor: Goankar

6.Electrical machines:I.J Nagrath and D.P Kothari

7.Control system: C L Wadhwa.

Hope the given books will help you in preparation.

all the best

aashisranjan784
28th February 2013, 09:17 PM
eduforall
Senior Member+++

Hi,

GATE – Graduate Aptitude Test in engineering

Eligibility for GATE –

Qualification –

B.Tech/ B.E / B.Arch from a recognised university.

M.Sc. / M.Sc. in maths / statistics ./ MCA from arecognised university.

Final year candidates can also apply for GATE.

Syllabus of GATE –

GATE includes these papers –

General aptitude

Verbal Ability

Engineering

GATE has been recently conducted on 10 th February 2013.
28th February 2013, 09:29 PM
pushp ranjan

Hello there !!!

you can appear for gate at your beginning of 7th semester that is at 4th year and
one just at the end of the 4th year.

syllabus are same which you have read throughout 4th year.
you can prefer the book according to your branch.
several books are available in the market for different branch.
you may have one of them to start preparing for GATE.

hope i am clear to you.
thanks for posting in EALP.
28th February 2013, 10:38 PM
yashwar sharma S.G.
Senior Member++

Wink Re: How to appear for GATE examination? I am a 2nd year electrical engineering student

Quote:
Originally Posted by saraangel1994 View Post
Hello Sir, I am a second year electrical engineering student. I want to appear in gate examination. Please tell me tips to prepare for gate and the names of the standard books for prepration.

Hi dear,

It is perfect time for you to start your preparation for GATE examination,as you are now in 2nd year itself. You can write for it in final year of your engineering graduation.

GATE exam is Graduate Aptitude test for engineering, it is done in February month, both offline and online has been done now.
This exam will be out in march 15th no matter what.

>> Some of the tips that you can do are:-

1. Start learning the basics, do the clearing about the learning concepts and applications, solve MCQ questions.

2. Work out the past year questions.

3.Read at least two hours everyday for GATE from now on.

Here are some of the standard books which would be helpful for you.

>> You can also join some of the best coaching centres,as they provide good coaching materials.

MADE EASY

GATE FORUM

GATE ACADEMY

All the best!!
1st March 2013, 12:14 AM
The Mask Man
Senior Member+

Eligibility for GATE :-

You must have a degree in engineering or technology or architecture from a recognized university or equivalent qualification OR

Those in the final year of engineering or post graduate degree can also apply for this examination.

There is no age limits for this examination

Since you are in 2nd year, hence you are not eligible for gate exam.
1st March 2013, 04:28 PM
Anubhavrath

-first of all make your self through in a particular subject
-stick to the concepts and solve as many problems you can solve on each and every concepts ....this regular practice will make you familiar with the subject fundamentals
for eg....as you are an electrical engineering student consider the control system subject..........if u want to master in this subject and want to appear gate in such realted subject then you must have a deep knowledge on the feedback network system.....which is the basic of this subject....
thanks ...prepare well
1st March 2013, 04:30 PM
dhirajen18
Senior Member+++++

GATE - Graduate Aptitude Test in Engineering is an entrance exam conducted by IIT and Indian Institute of Science for admission to M.Tech. Engineering courses in IITs, NITs and other reputed Institutions.

The eligible candidate must be an Indian National having either appear for the final B.Tech. Engineering Degree exam or pass in any stream from a recognised University, is eligible to apply for GATE.

So as you are interested for GATE, after completion or in the final year of B.Tech. Degree, you are eligible to apply for GATE.
1st March 2013, 09:25 PM
SK@S
Senior Member+++++

You can apply for the GATE exams when you are in the final year of you BE/Btech

Eligibilty to apply for the GATE exams is:
BE/BTECH pass or Final year student of BE/Btech can aply

>> M.SC/MCA/MA with subjects/branch Science / Mathematics / Statistics / Computer Applications or equivalent

>> Integrated Master’s degree programs or Dual Degree programs in Engineering / Technology (Five year programme).This programme should have been done just after passing class 12th
22nd March 2013, 11:09 AM
Unregistered

i am 1 st year eee.i would like to prepare the GATE exam.so please tell the syllabus and also give the tips for preparation
21st December 2013, 01:32 PM
Unregistered

hi im a 2nd year computer science and engg student . how can i write my GATE exam. i have no idea about selecting books. help me.
30th May 2014, 01:18 PM
Unregistered

hi im 2nd year computer science nd eng student?how can i prepare for gate?nd wat r all d books to be reffered please help me..!!!
31st August 2014, 02:57 PM
Unregistered

i am a 1st year student doing my electronics and instrumentation engineering.i want to do m tech nanotechnology how to prepare for gate exam? and when to start?
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?